MTA has competition!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm - just when we thought we were onto something original =)

Must try this and see how things go.

I still feel that our version will be better due to more input from gta3 players, and i would say that this mod will probably be more stable.

Don't give up cause these guys are doing the same thing, beat them instead =)

I've just read something about it as well on gtaforums.com. The whole thing is being written in C++ by one guy. I wonder how far he will get by himself, and if it would be a good idea to put this guy on the MTA team as well. I don't see a reason why there should be two mediocre mods when there can be one that's excellent.

I agree, 2 heads are better than one.

Im very impressed that one guy has been able to do so much work.

MTA still looks to be the better mod in some respects as GGM seems to be unorganised chaos so far. You can see other people driving quite well, and they have text chatting, but nothing seems to be organised.

It seems to me that the Compatition version of a online mod is very well done!

VERY stable.

I give it a 6 ot of 10

And MTA a 1 out of 10

But if the new version the make 0.3 will be better.

Kind of weird how one person can do all of this and a team put togethere

hasnt released one like it.

HOLLY SH*T IM ABOUT TO CRAP MYSELF... AGAIN!! ok. i thot MTA.02 was the coolest thing ever. now i think its the worst mod for gta3. of course if the next mta is as planned it will be alot better that this. the only thing is: ggm has peds and traffic. its the perfect death match situation. mta, keep up the hard work, but until .03, i know what im going to spend my time doing

wow....that is much better. Until .3 comes out...im deff playing this one..

The team and GOE should combine their knoledge, i would make goe a co-leader (not my call though)

I think that this guy is doing a better job (although he doesnt have any support from all of the users.

COMBINE!!!!

i support mta becuz its more organized and gonna be alot better, but until .3, this one is better

and 3/22/02? are u serious? that has to be false, a mp mod for gta3 would not have been "silent" for this long

dont worry guys. im still a MTA fan. but when you compare the two mods, well there is no comparison. the deathmatch does support weapons. at least it did for me,.. other peeps had them.. i could shoot them, when i got hit.. i lost health.. when i died i respawned with out disconnection.

ok here's a breakdown:

The Good:

GGM, has upto 32 player deathmatchs. its more stable, but not stable-stable. weapons, peds-traffic, and cars work. less lag. alot less. This will basically hold us over until MTA.03 which will rule GGM, and it will be out of the question. especially since (iggy pointed out) that it hasent been updated in over a year.

The Bad:

when you crash, you REALLY crash. i had to do to *"sleep resets" and double-hard reset to recover from one uber-crash.

*a sleepreset is when you put ur pc to sleep from the keyboard.. then when you wake it, if forces you to log on.. and all your tasks are paused so you can easily crtl-alt-del them.

The Ugly:

i suppose he's no loger working on it.. but that wont matter when the next MTA is out.

Personally im still a bigger MTA fan.. but the quality of this is shocking.. go MTA.

BTW: people that were in my server: im sorry.. but i crashed once... then when i tried to run gta3 it crashed... happens sometimes. thats when i had to do the hard reset, so the server closed. i hope i didnt cuase u guys to much trouble.

the date is of the wrong year...dude this mod came out 3 days ago. It is in .1 a, and also, they dont havea fucking ass holes for an admin (cough blokker, but no one else). If you dont see me post in here any more its cause i got banned. I'm already blacklisted. if i stop posting...me e-mail is [email protected] If some 1 could drop me a line with whats up on the forums...i would aprreciate it.

BTW: people that were in my server: im sorry.. but i crashed once... then when i tried to run gta3 it crashed... happens sometimes. thats when i had to do the hard reset, so the server closed. i hope i didnt cuase u guys to much trouble.

Dont worry about it.

Anyway on March 22,2002 (3/22/02) Grand Theft Auto 3 had not been released for PC yet.

That came on May 21,2002 (5/21/02)

So obviusely the year is wrong.

And MTA are still doing a hard job..

This guy has done a harder job.

But in the end MTA will probably rule gta online!

Unless this guy stoped working on gta3 online mod. And Secretly shifted his online mod to Vice city (how? I dont know, maybe the VC dvd files or sumthing)

on closer inspection, i realized that his site is copy righted 2003.

to people who where in my server: my friend has a pc.. its insanely powerful:

2GB RAM

2*120 GB HD (240)

Dual Processing AMD mother board

and a shizenload of other stuff

the only thing it needs to be a server is a T1, and exchangeable hard drives. (he has cable)

so im going to ask him to run the server in the background, so if you see GTAtari hosting.. it might not be me.. neways i feel kinda guilty talking about GGM on MTA's forums\server space, so im gonna hush up now :D

BESIDES!

this other mod is great, yeah, but maybe the MTA team can learn a few things from it and adapt those concepts to their mod. the one thing that does suck is the lag and choppiness of this mod, though I got it to work succesfully on several ocassions unlike .2 which ive only got to work like 1 or 2 times...

the players are all the same model which is funny, you can see them in the car, but it seems as if traffic is DEFINATELY not synced, because other drivers will smash right into other traffic, but they act as if they can see you and other players. so only players and players cars are synced. because another player would just all of a sudden pop up in a car. you can jack cars from other players which results in duplicating, which is a cool thing. ingame chat is buggy, but a cool option to be able to use in game.

i was playing this morning, easstern time US and there was like 8-10 people inside the computer store in staunton and other people were jumping the stairs rap in the midddle of it like crazy. it was funny as hell, almost made me call into work.

the one BIG drawback, besides the fact that it is in its early stages is that when it crashes it crashes bigtime resulting in you having to go into you task manager ctrl-alt-del shit and then sometimes it will still take forever just to shut it down. i like the serverlist on the website, nice touch since i really dont care for mIRC too much anywaize...

also when other people die while IN THEIR VEHICLES it crashes, because the other players PC thinks their car is ok but yours says its crashed. a problem with syncing the game.

ok, if you you read my book, just some observations about this mod.

good luck to both teams, this is truly amazing work.

... i dunno i think MTA has their work cut out for him... the server program on theirs doesn't require ANY data from GTA3.... and its written in C++ its fast... that means DEDICATED servers... mta won't support that unless they abandon everything they've done so far... still mta looks to offer more than just deathmatch... so we'll see....

big issue though is mta requires gta3 to run, even if their netcode gets cleaned up there's gonna be a lot of cpu overhead to run the game... that means more lag...

Best of luck to ya all though

Kent

• MTA Team

Come on guys, we need some support. He has a mod that works, so do we. We are working very hard to make our mod work. As we have promised you, we are working very hard to comply with you wishes. It is gr8 to see that all of a sudden there are 2 mods with 1 goal.

ggm works with ugs, just like MTA, it supports multiple players and cars (so will 0.3) the traffic if ggm isn't synced yet (we don't know how it's gonna be in MTA) we will have to wait to see which mod is going to be the best.

And kent, i don't c how you are gonn a play GTA3MP without GTA3.

It has been said be4 we are working on making a stable program that is fun to play. Dedicated servers are for l8er. We need to create a good client first