Small-scale beta test, Friday 19gmt

darkdreamingdan

Question

Test has ended. Thank you for your cooperation.

y hallo thar.

This Friday we'll be running a quick beta test to see how things are going with the mod. Basically it'll run at 19gmt this Friday. Click here to see when this is in your timezone.

We'll be running a few assortments of gamemodes to see how MTA copes, and slots will be relatively exclusive - we'll be capping the server at around 32.

This topic will facilitate the test - watch this space for a forthcoming link for the beta build. This build is not a nightly, it is a specially prepared build specifically for this test, and will include all data files. All you need to do is run the installer. As usual, bugs reports can go to our bugtracker, any general comments can go here. You can join our irc channel (#mta) to discuss this live, though it is not a requirement to participate in the test (all information will be provided in this topic)

The test will be held at:

Test has ended.

Use the Quick Connect dialog to connect if you can't see it in the server browser.

Remember, the server will be locked until test time!

Hope to see you there.

I hope that, if this doesn't crash and burn horribly, ...

If you ask me it's better to discover them now than later. ^^

Anyway, nice to see that another public beta is being planned! I'll most certainly see if I can make it there.

I hope that, if this doesn't crash and burn horribly, ...

If you ask me it's better to discover them now than later. ^^

Anyway, nice to see that another public beta is being planned! I'll most certainly see if I can make it there.

Why did you think I wanted a large-scale beta? :P

I just meant that if this doesn't introduce 100s of new bugs that need to be dealt with quickly, we could have another, larger test to find more bugs, possibly including some that crop up with certain amounts of players only.

hello guys how do i join? im a noob scripter wanting to help :)

As the first post says, there will be a link to the client you need to download on this page. So just watch this page on Friday at the time indicated in the first post.

I think there's something wrong with the timezone website though. 19:00 GMT == 20:00 GMT+1. However, if I'm looking up either Amsterdam or Paris, I see 21:00. Whereas London says 20:00.

Perhaps it has something to do with this note:

Great Britain/United Kingdom is one hour ahead of UTC during summer.
I think there's something wrong with the timezone website though. 19:00 GMT == 20:00 GMT+1. However, if I'm looking up either Amsterdam or Paris, I see 21:00. Whereas London says 20:00.

Perhaps it has something to do with this note:

Great Britain/United Kingdom is one hour ahead of UTC during summer.

I believe Paris and Amsterdam are GMT + 2 in the summer and GMT + 1 in the winter.

Mmm... For my this was a really bad test, i've got high ping, much desync and crashes. The high ping is a strange thing cuz i normally have a real good ping. Hopefully the next test would be better.

PS: I dunno if this is true but, if i go on a server with a lot of people i've got a ping like 500, but normally thats 60/70.

Mmm... For my this was a really bad test, i've got high ping, much desync and crashes. The high ping is a strange thing cuz i normally have a real good ping. Hopefully the next test would be better.

PS: I dunno if this is true but, if i go on a server with a lot of people i've got a ping like 500, but normally thats 60/70.

where do you live? perhaps you were far away from the server, as far as I remember average ping on the server was ~90

where do you live? perhaps you were far away from the server, as far as I remember average ping on the server was ~90

The Netherlands, the strangest thing is that Gamesnert or Sebas who also live in my country, has a normal ping. And i don't have a slow internet or something. (7.1 MB ADSL)

I did notice some lag and some desynch, but no real high ping indeed.

However, I don't see why you're bringing this up if you knew others had a relatively good ping. Apparently there was something wrong on your side, not the server's. :P

But anyone else also noticed that every few seconds MTA hang for a really short time? I especially noticed this when I just joined the server. :?

I did notice some lag and some desynch, but no real high ping indeed.

However, I don't see why you're bringing this up if you knew others had a relatively good ping. Apparently there was something wrong on your side, not the server's. :P

But anyone else also noticed that every few seconds MTA hang for a really short time? I especially noticed this when I just joined the server. :?

Well, i'm sure your right... :mrgreen: , i'm looking forward to the next beta-test...

The times correspond correctly to the times given in the link in the first post. They take into account DST, so just click that link and find out the time in your area.

Update: Check first post for link to the beta client.

Can't start a server in C:\program files\MTA San Andreas or by clicking "host game". Bad version..

The times correspond correctly to the times given in the link in the first post. They take into account DST, so just click that link and find out the time in your area.

Update: Check first post for link to the beta client.

Can't start a server in C:\program files\MTA San Andreas or by clicking "host game". Bad version..

That's because the server package was not included.