[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

Hi :)

I've got a suggestion.

When I write in script polish diacritical marks replaced strange symbols, because in UTF-8 this characters do not display correctly.

Maybe in next release you put choose codding option?

My script works well in ASCI coding.

Possibly.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been reproduced by someone but when I go to options, change some things and press Save then nothing happens.

It just doesn't save.

On the other hand the Auto completion seems to pop-up completly random wich makes that most of the time when I press enter it doesn't go too the next line but it changes the line with one of the auto complete ones.

Thanks for reading

I don't know if this has been reproduced by someone but when I go to options, change some things and press Save then nothing happens.

It just doesn't save.

On the other hand the Auto completion seems to pop-up completly random wich makes that most of the time when I press enter it doesn't go too the next line but it changes the line with one of the auto complete ones.

Thanks for reading

Yes, this has been reported already but I like to see people actually report faults here on the forum. Sometimes, it's extremely hard to find out what cause the crash from crash reports which I get from time to time.

You can solve the problem with auto-complete being pain in the ass just by saving the file. Basically, I'm used to saving any changes I make (Ctrl+S), even after 1 line of code. This avoids auto-completing code after pressing Enter.

Ok, thanks for the auto completion "fix" ;)

About the saving, did you really mean that people should report here or did you forget the "not"

Btw: do you think you are going to try to fix the saving bug or will it last until the new version (in a couple of years ^^)

I don't know if I'll fix the auto-complete bug in the next release.

And no, as I said, some crashes are extremely hard to figure out how to fix it... I mean, sometimes I get crash reports which don't tell me much. What's even worse is that I don't know how to reproduce these crashes because the last time I had a crash was the time when I was testing the "crash catcher".

• 3 weeks later...

It is so great script editor, and all bugs not so annoing except one - the encoding bug is so annoing, I MUST use 2 editors at a time, MTASE to scripting, and then Notepad++ to re-encode script in necessary encoding. May be you will find a little time, to fix "encoding bug"? A little patch please :)

ALso XML files with functions must update to current MTA version.

PS

place "function" between "\b" as other keywords, to prevent it from replacing in callClientFunction.

<Block Name="Lua Code" Style="Lua Code" EscapeChar="" IsMultiline="true">
     <Scope Start="\bfunction\b" End="\bend\b" Style="Lua Keyword" Text="function ... end" CauseIndent="true" EndIsComplex="true" />

• 4 weeks later...
Do some of you guys recommend this scripting editor to use for a beginner like me?

I'm currently just reading and learning basis of the scripts and I don't know if I should get this editor or just the Notepad ++ ?

It's for everyone. It was made to speed up resource creation process and check if your script has syntax errors before you test the resource on the server.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi erm. I am having trouble with this, starting on Win 7 / 64 Bit.

I'm sorry, please don't flame, I have tried looking on the wiki, forums, and trying to change compatibility settings for it.

It starts up, then crashes (Script editor has stopped working)

I'm not sure if its my OS, or if I didn't install it correctly?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
sorry my bad english.

print("안녕하세요"); -- this is korean

these chars were broken at Dos.

doesn't MTA Script Editor surport Korean?

Can you add in your Script Editor support of Unicode, because I want to do gamemode on my language(russian) but when I start game in chat I can see only little squares, not text.

To be honest, at this time, I can't do anything because I've ran out of time and got a job which pays money.

I think it would be nice if the left hand dock could be hidden and just the tabs shown, because there is little landscape to see your code vs. other editors which span the screen. I think the main appeal of this editor is to be more integrated with the MTA functions. If it had explanation popups somewhere with parameters, then it would have an edge over other editors.

As it is currently, you could simply import a function list in the same manner to other editors. Mere function lists aren't very useful though, you still need to go find the parameters and explanations.

i thought about extending Eclipse editor with lua support to have function list with parameters, short description and link to wiki.

I tried once strony lua handling to it but failed. the problem could be that Eclipse size is around 200MB. but I'm using Eclipse everyday with PHP, CSS, HTML and JavaScript. I used it with C++ and Java before and I'm gonna use it with C# in the future - it's very nice and powerful editor

Uhm, there is extension for lua for eclipse (but i failed it to run - it added some menus etc, but opening lua file = error).

and as for function list and description - you need just to add a file in search path with all these functions and description. like:

/** 
 * OutputChatBox 
 * This outputs the specified text string to the chatbox. 
 * @param [string] text The text string that you wish to send to the chat window. 
 * @param (optional) [element] visibleTo This specifies who the chat is visible to. Any players in this element will see the chat message. See visibility 
 * ... etc etc 
 * @return [bool] Returns true if the message was displayed successfully. Returns false if invalid arguments are specified. 
 **/ 
function outputChatBox(text, visibleTo, r, g, b, colorCoded) 
end 

-- and here goes other functions described like that.. 

the problem would be functions that are both client/server and differ with arguments..

or maybe you thought about own extension with meta.xml auto-editing and such things?

• 3 weeks later...