[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

Lloyd Logan, not yet. I'll be planning to add this feature and eventually make it work properly. The current version is stripped down version of the old one. It's rewritten from scratch (most of it). I don't want to add too many features at once like I did before and there were many bug reports. Now, it has less features but doesn't crash. I was waiting for reports before I move on.

Lloyd Logan, not yet. I'll be planning to add this feature and eventually make it work properly. The current version is stripped down version of the old one. It's rewritten from scratch (most of it). I don't want to add too many features at once like I did before and there were many bug reports. Now, it has less features but doesn't crash. I was waiting for reports before I move on.

Thank You.

The function list on the right is empty but when you open a file you will get the list in auto-complete box. Just start typing for example "get" and you will see all functions with "get" in the function name.

I mean the list is really empty, even when clicking on it the functions doesnt show up neither when searching for it.
The function list on the right is empty but when you open a file you will get the list in auto-complete box. Just start typing for example "get" and you will see all functions with "get" in the function name.
  • 2 weeks later...
Yea... It happens to me too and i dont know how to fix it! When i start it doesnt show but when i open som .lua files it dowsnt show eather! PLEASE HELP ME!

Please, tell me the steps you do so that I can find the problem and fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

Little update to let you know about the progress! I just thought I will inform you about the current changes/bug fixes. I'll probably release it during the next week. So here are the changes:

• fixed: "Right-click tab -> Close" doesn't close files (+"Save" doesn't save files, +"Close all but this" doesn't close files)
  • fixed: "File -> Save all" not saving all opened files
  • fixed: Main toolbar buttons give warning messages when no file is open
  • changed: Zip resource button in Resource Explorer now shows a message that resource has zipped and whether you want to open resource folder
  • added: Middle-click tab acts the same as right-click tab -> Close
  • added: Hover over tabs to see full file path
  • added: Drag-and-drop files from Windows explorer to MTA:SE Resource explorer to add files to resource
  • added: Sorting of the Resource explorer in alphabetical order (folders first, files next)
  • added: "Unsaved files" window when closing MTA:SE allowing you to select the files you want to save before closing MTA:SE
  • added: File association (open files from within Windows explorer by double-clicking .lua files) -- NOT WORKING STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX YET AS I'M WORKING ON INSTALLER
  • added: CTRL + TAB will switch to the next opened file (tab to the right of the current tab), CTRL + SHIFT + TAB will switch to the previous opened file (tab to the left of the current tab)
  • added: Icon in the status bar informing you about the status of MTA:SE integration with MTA server.

I'm going to add the functions list on the right as many people seem to use it (I barely used it in the old editor).

@Lloyd Logan, read Cadu12's message again.

... Shift + TAB to remove 4 spaces, or \tab .

Tab adds 4 spaces, Shift+Tab removes 4 spaces but it only works if you highlight more than 1 lines. I find it annoying not being able to reverse tab just 1 line so I will report it to the lib author since he's pretty active.

BTW, I will have to delay the release from this week to the next week or the week after (depending how long it will take me to fix the issues) since I found MTASE not working the way it should after using installer. Yes, I'll be using installers from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

I will get in touch with you via PM.

I would like to test it in different environments (variety of operating systems Windows XP, 7, or .NET frameworks). The installer will detect if the user has .NET 3.5 installed anyway but I'd like to get feedback from people using different OSes. Anyone interested please let me know via PM.

So here it is. Finally I got my head around some annoying problem I was encountering, anyway I got it fixed and is ready to see public. This is the first release to use installer. Enjoy! As always, please report any bugs you find. Thanks.

Release 0.3 (4804): (release date: 25.02.2013)

The first release that uses installer.

• fixed: Right-click tab menu doesn't work ("Close" doesn't close files, "Save" doesn't save files, "Close all but this" doesn't work)
  • fixed: Function list on the right side of the window. The list includes exported functions
  • fixed: File -> Open (CTRL+O); - You can now open more file formats (including .lua, .xml, .map, .conf)

• changed: Zip resource button in Resource Explorer now shows a message that resource has zipped and will ask you whether you want to open the resource folder in Windows explorer
  • changed: Scrolling with mouse is now system dependent (as you have set your mouse scroll lines in the panel control)
  • changed: Scrolling with your mouse while holding CTRL will change font size (in the currently opened file only)

• added: Middle-clicking tab acts the same as Right-click tab -> Close
  • added: Drag-and-drop files from Windows explorer to MTA:SE Resource explorer to add files to resource
  • added: Sorting of the Resource explorer in alphabetical order (folders first, files next)
  • added: "Unsaved files" window when closing MTA:SE allowing you to select the files you want to save before closing MTA:SE
  • added: File association (open files from within Windows explorer by double-clicking .lua files)
  • added: CTRL + TAB will switch to the next opened file (tab to the right of the current tab), CTRL + SHIFT + TAB will switch to the previous opened file (tab to the left of the current tab)
  • added: Icon in the status bar informing you about the status of MTA:SE integration with MTA server (bare in mind it's still WIP)
  • added: syntax.xml file which allows you to modify the syntax highlighter (you may have as many presets as you want but the preset with attribute "active" will be used)

So here it is. Finally I got my head around some annoying problem I was encountering, anyway I got it fixed and is ready to see public. This is the first release to use installer. Enjoy! As always, please report any bugs you find. Thanks.
Release 0.3 (4804): (release date: 25.02.2013)

The first release that uses installer.

• fixed: Right-click tab menu doesn't work ("Close" doesn't close files, "Save" doesn't save files, "Close all but this" doesn't work)
  • fixed: Function list on the right side of the window. The list includes exported functions
  • fixed: File -> Open (CTRL+O); - You can now open more file formats (including .lua, .xml, .map, .conf)

• changed: Zip resource button in Resource Explorer now shows a message that resource has zipped and will ask you whether you want to open the resource folder in Windows explorer
  • changed: Scrolling with mouse is now system dependent (as you have set your mouse scroll lines in the panel control)
  • changed: Scrolling with your mouse while holding CTRL will change font size (in the currently opened file only)

• added: Middle-clicking tab acts the same as Right-click tab -> Close
  • added: File association (open files from within Windows explorer by double-clicking .lua files)
  • added: Icon in the status bar informing you about the status of MTA:SE integration with MTA server (bare in mind it's still WIP)
  • added: syntax.xml file which allows you to modify the syntax highlighter (you may have as many presets as you want but the preset with attribute "active" will be used)

I've downloaded and now I'm going to try it ~ Thanks ~

Thanks for the comments. I hope you like it and doesn't crash for anyone! Well, I haven't had a single crash report yet.

#The_Pain,

It must be only you. Unless you opened a file from within Windows explorer, in this case none of MTA functions are highlighted.

BTW, can you please stop using white color font? It's difficult to read, thank you.

Thanks for the comments. I hope you like it and doesn't crash for anyone! Well, I haven't had a single crash report yet.

#The_Pain,

It must be only you. Unless you opened a file from within Windows explorer, in this case none of MTA functions are highlighted.

BTW, can you please stop using white color font? It's difficult to read, thank you.

OK, How i can i fix that ?

#The_Pain,

OK, How i can i fix that ?

You can't. Simply open the file from the resource explorer. Like I said in my early posts, I didn't want to highlight all MTA functions in any .lua files, just the resource files. You may have a .lua script from different game which doesn't have these functions. For instance CryENGINE uses .lua scripts but doesn't have the same functions as MTA. I guess I'll have to add an option for the user whether he wants to highlight MTA functions in "external" files or not.

Suggestion: Could you make the server folder directory configurable?

I'm working on it, since I've had a report that resource explorer doesn't have any resources loaded. This is caused by wrong paths extracted from the Windows registry. I'll add an option for user to decide whether he wants to scan the registry to find the latest MTA installed or pick a custom MTA Server folder.

For the next release I've already added:

• added: "File -> New -> Resource" will now open a window where user can input the most important info (author, version, etc.) to create a new resource