[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

Edit it so you don't need to have mTA installed MSG showing its being bugging xD

It doesn't show up any more.

I also fixed the problem with loading (mostly) map resources. Remember the time when you start MTA:SE and you get loads of windows telling you the resource will not be listed in Resource Explorer? Well, this has been fixed and even maps are loaded.

Can you also enable "Add files" button? The only way to add images to meta.xml is by manually editing.

The menu item "Add existing file" is now working. So, you can add any files, including scripts, configs, images, sounds, models, etc.

(Here will be picture, but I don't need to quote them)

HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Firstly - hello, and sorry for bumping (I think it's few days, but it's always bumping).

I'm starting to learn an Lua language and starting play in MTA. But it's not thread to welcome.

I have same problem like user, who's be quoted by me. My PC work under Windows XP Service Pack 3, when I try to put a folder with MTASE whethever on disk, the program scream

Make sure you have installed MTA Client with MTA Server correctly and start MTA:Script Editor again.

MTA:Script Editor will close now.

But I've already installed an MTA in folder "C:\Program Files\MTA". I try do it same, like here, but MTASE still don't work. Sorry for my crappy english and please 50p, fix this or I dunno, make a installer for this app or something.

Regards.

(Here will be picture, but I don't need to quote them)

HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Firstly - hello, and sorry for bumping (I think it's few days, but it's always bumping).

I'm starting to learn an Lua language and starting play in MTA. But it's not thread to welcome.

I have same problem like user, who's be quoted by me. My PC work under Windows XP Service Pack 3, when I try to put a folder with MTASE whethever on disk, the program scream

Make sure you have installed MTA Client with MTA Server correctly and start MTA:Script Editor again.

MTA:Script Editor will close now.

But I've already installed an MTA in folder "C:\Program Files\MTA". I try do it same, like here, but MTASE still don't work. Sorry for my crappy english and please 50p, fix this or I dunno, make a installer for this app or something.

Regards.

Thanks for the comments. Like I posted previously Dystans and nazi19, this problem has been fixed in my next release (read that post below). Due to December being very busy month for me, I haven't finished fixing the most important things yet. I want the next release to be as bug-free and integrated with MTA as possible. It's an IDE (Integrated Development Environment), so it has to simplify entire process of scripting resources and testing them. I also, want to let the scripter (server hoster) to speak with the players who are connected to the server, without the scripter joining the game but this is plan for future.

i Think if the Resources has been Listed By Path it will be more Organized.

At the moment, I'll just have them all on the list. You can still open the resource folder in Windows Explorer by clicking one of the Resource tools (above resources drop down list).

Can you also enable "Add files" button? The only way to add images to meta.xml is by manually editing.

Currently, I'm working on a Meta.xml editor that will let you modify resource properties (eg. add existing files/scripts).

This is a list of what has been changed/added in the next release:

• fixed: Now, works with MTA 1.1 and above.
  • fixed: Error message after new resource was created - bug with no possibility to add new file (MTASE restart was required to reload resources).
  • added: Function tooltip for Functions list (right hand side list of the main window), tooltip shows function name, description, parameters and return value.
  • added: Zipping resource button to let user compress the resource in .zip file ready to be released or uploaded on their server (.zip file will be located in the folder).
  • added: Test resource button to let user start/restart resources and quickly jump to the game to test them - similar feature to what Visual Studio does when running application (F5 key)
  • added: F10 lets you swap between windows (if you're in MTA:SE this will show game window, if you're in-game it will swap to MTA:SE)

Now, it seems integrated with MTA even more. Like I said above, currently I'm working on the Meta.xml editor to let users change their resource's properties, add existing files, export functions, etc. There are some things that will have to get fixed too. Be patient please :)

Thanks to everyone who still have faith in me :)

MTA:SE 0.2.9.6 released

The new release includes the following changes:

Release 0.2.9.6 <-- click here to download

• fixed: Works with MTA:SA 1.1
  • fixed: Error message after new resource was created - causing no possibility to add new file (MTASE restart required to reload resources)
  • added: Function tooltip for Functions list (right hand side list of the main window) - hover mouse over function name to see tooltip
  • added: Zipping resource button to let user compress the resource in .zip file (Please, let me know if this feature doesn't work for some reason! Thank you.)
  • fixed: "Add existing file" menu item works now
  • fixed: Annoying message window showing up during loading resources informing you about resource not being loaded (mostly map resources)

This is still not what I wanted to release as 0.3! This release is mainly a fix to make MTA:SE work with MTA:SA 1.1. Bare in mind there are still features in WIP state.

Thanks, it works.

I have some feedbacks:

- "Associate .lua files whit MTA Script Editor" doesn't work, it's a cool stuff, please fix it :D

- Auto-Completation popup window doesn't work, it closes automatically after i type some letters

- And (maybe) the ftp controller for get the resource from a server doesn't work, maybe, i'm not sure of this D:

Thanks, it works.

I have some feedbacks:

- "Associate .lua files whit MTA Script Editor" doesn't work, it's a cool stuff, please fix it :D

- Auto-Completation popup window doesn't work, it closes automatically after i type some letters

- And (maybe) the ftp controller for get the resource from a server doesn't work, maybe, i'm not sure of this D:

Thanks for the feedback.

1. I thought of a way to associate MTASE with .lua files but then I didn't know how to handle it. Since, there is a Resources Explorer on the left which lets the user know which resource the opened file is in and which file it is. I just don't know of the best, the most friendly way of doing it. I might hide the entire Resource Explorer for the time of editing some external Lua file. Suggestions?

2. I've had that problem for long time.. I'll look into that.

3. The FTP feature has been there since the first release if I remember right but I have never finished it due to the same reason, don't know the best way of controlling the files/folder on the server, especially now when resources can be in any folder in ".../resources" folder, not like it used to be when all resources where in the same folder. Maybe separate window? And a possibility to open files located on the server and send them back when saved? I've never written any FTP client before and this will be my first one but organization is the key, keeping everything clean and clear, user friendly (this is my goal).

"Save" button doesn't works too.

It does, but if you create a new file but don't add it to any resources, it won't work. It's a known bug but forgotten. You have to select resource from Resource Explorer first, then create new file, it will ask you if you want to add it to the resource, hit Yes.

There is also a known bug: when you create a new file, the function suggestion list will not pop up at all. Just close the file and reopen it from the Resource Explorer.

I might hide the entire Resource Explorer for the time of editing some external Lua file. Suggestions?

No, it will be annoying, because if you want edit any resource file you have to restart the editor :S

3. The FTP feature has been there since the first release if I remember right but I have never finished it due to the same reason, don't know the best way of controlling the files/folder on the server, especially now when resources can be in any folder in ".../resources" folder, not like it used to be when all resources where in the same folder. Maybe separate window? And a possibility to open files located on the server and send them back when saved? I've never written any FTP client before and this will be my first one but organization is the key, keeping everything clean and clear, user friendly (this is my goal).

I think it's quite simple, when you connect the software in the resource explorer you can view the resources list like you see it in your local server, you can search in google some codes.

Then for the files is quite simple too, you download it in a temp folder, and then, when you save the file a popup comes out asking you if you want upload it back, if you select yes, you rewrite the file in the temp folder and upload it in the server, and then delete it :D

I might hide the entire Resource Explorer for the time of editing some external Lua file. Suggestions?

No, it will be annoying, because if you want edit any resource file you have to restart the editor :S

I don't know if you know but MTASE has tabs. I could hide RE (Resource Explorer) when a tab with a file not included in any resources is opened, show RE when tab with a resource file is opened. I just need more ideas.

... a possibility to open files located on the server and send them back when saved? ...

I think it's quite simple, when you connect the software in the resource explorer you can view the resources list like you see it in your local server, you can search in google some codes.

Then for the files is quite simple too, you download it in a temp folder, and then, when you save the file a popup comes out asking you if you want upload it back, if you select yes, you rewrite the file in the temp folder and upload it in the server, and then delete it :D

This is exactly what I was saying. Similar to Dreamweaver.

I don't know if you know but MTASE has tabs. I could hide RE (Resource Explorer) when a tab with a file not included in any resources is opened, show RE when tab with a resource file is opened. I just need more ideas.

Oh yes, it's a cool idea, i understood wrong xD

This is exactly what I was saying. Similar to Dreamweaver.

I understood you was asking any idea how to make a working FTP xD

• 2 weeks later...

hi ,

i got the same error here , and i really like the new update for the function list but it still got one problem .. the search is not working :| , and i like the resource zipper it's going to be very useful .

Keep the good work :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...