[Outdated] Unofficial MTA Script Editor 0.3 (4851) RELEASED!

50p

You really underestimate power of Windows 7. Comparing to all other systems the users of Win 7 has the greatest backwards compatibility: If thing works on Vista, it should work on 7, if it works in XP it should work in XP Mode. I'll post you on my progress with fixing the editor to work under 7.

Too bad you couldn't release this for native windows (which would provide full compatibility to all systems) or at least .NET 1.1 which is built-in XP (assuming that's the oldest system still in use by most of MTA community members), so it'd save us pointless downloading on slow connections like mine (256k unfortunately).

Otherwise looks ok, too bad I haven't been able to use it since I really need a good Auto Completion (Notepad++ API by NeonBlack is incomplete, and so is the one by Caz unfortunately).

EDIT: Found a good one - http://dracoblue.pastebin.com/f31d6a331 by SpZ

Cheers ;)

Nidza

A few of things that I would love to see:

• Creating a new lua inside a resource
    Saving new lua files into resources
    Possibly when you create a new file, if you want it to be in an existing resource, it would automatically add it to the meta.xml
    Right-clicking on functions to add them to the meta.xml with

But as soon as I can create a new lua file in a resource & save it, I'll start using this as my main method of editing / creating scripts in MTA. You've done a great job :)

A few of things that I would love to see:

• Creating a new lua inside a resource
    Saving new lua files into resources
    Possibly when you create a new file, if you want it to be in an existing resource, it would automatically add it to the meta.xml
    Right-clicking on functions to add them to the meta.xml with

But as soon as I can create a new lua file in a resource & save it, I'll start using this as my main method of editing / creating scripts in MTA. You've done a great job :)

Awesome idea's! :D

yo, with the new patch the "oops" in the beginning is gone but now i get meta.xml errors for every race resource. (could not be changed to unicode or something)

i love scripting with this tool :D

Could you please send me the meta.xml which shows the error message? Not just the content of the file but the file itself. I think it's problem with the file encoding. These meta.xml files were probably made with a map converter and saved in unusual encoding format or a format that .NET 2.0 doesn't support.

Nice job! But an installer would be nice.

I think installing it with MTA would be nicer, but again, it's just alpha with patches. I may create an installer when it'll be more stable.

OK, I found out that it happens with every meta.xml that has the following XML Declaration, not the encoding the files was saved in but the declaration:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

It doesn't happen with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Nor:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ASCII"?>

Try to modify all meta.xml that has 'encoding="utf-16"' (remove the entire line or change it to utf-8). If you get different error after you modify the meta.xml please post it here.

Sorry to say that but it's raceconv's fault which was probably made with .NET > 2.0.

MTA won't support UTF-16, nor will it support UTF-8 properly (ASCII is a subset of UTF-8, but not a subset of UTF-16).

I can't seem to find a way to ignore the xml declaration in meta.xml files. I've been googling but can't find it. I guess I'll have to load the the file into string and remove text from <? to ?> before I parse it.

OMFG, 50p Nice work!

Can't wait til I get a new computer cuz my old one is broken and doesn't want to get repaired so I can test the new MTA:SA and this thing =( =P

Anyay, I'll be back on the forums until I get a new PC, then I'll play.

Not sure if you remember me tho ^^ Anyway you helped me a bit with that script Michaels RP which I didn't get too far with x)

One more thing I want is if you'll make it so I can delete a .lua file that I've created. I right click it and hit "delete", but nothing happens. That's one thing that I'd really like to be fixed.

EDIT: I tried to make a new resource and it's telling me "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any idea what's wrong?

I'd check that the files aren't really UTF-16...

I can't do anything about it. When the xml file is loaded, it's loaded... The .NET parser treats these files as it does.. If you can find a work around it I'd like to take a look at it.

One more thing I want is if you'll make it so I can delete a .lua file that I've created. I right click it and hit "delete", but nothing happens. That's one thing that I'd really like to be fixed.

EDIT: I tried to make a new resource and it's telling me "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any idea what's wrong?

I'm going to make the delete item work once creating new resources will work properly.

EDIT:

This "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." bug is now eliminated in patch 0.1.8a, Deddalt. Go ahead and download it. Reply if it still doesn't work. I hope it will :)

Most race maps will give you that message read my recent posts on the previous page...

Great job, but i'm having a problem with it

I just cloned cdm resource to see if the resource manipulation would work, and i get a error in the meta.xml. I don't understand why, it's just like cdm, i just changed the credits and file names to "m"dm instead of "c"dm, i don't understand why should i get a error.

Any idea?

Does it show you a pop up window with the error message or does it crash and show bug report window? Also, what program did you use to save the changes (the credits are probably in meta.xml, right?)

Also, what is the exact message you get?

EDIT:

To everyone who get "System.NullReferenceException" in 0.1.8a or 0.1.10a, could you please explain how to reproduce these crashes?

I know it happens

- after you change file name (by editing label in Resource Explorer)

- press "Delete file" from the context menu in Resource Explorer

- or change the resource from the combo box

Thank you.

For some reason I can't post issues with bug tracer, it says that access is denied.

Now about the bug, I got an issue with special letters (ä, ö, ü, õ), after using them in my script and saving the file and reopening it, there are boxes instead of these letters.

It is a real nice editor, but i missing so much things, importand things:

1. Change the font type. (My programming font is courier new, 5 pt)

2. I hate the resource browser, just put every file in there, every xml file, every lua file, plus the meta.xml file.

3. Changing the resource path to an other folder, i keep my local server on my D: harddisk (seccond one) cuz of windows uac.

4. There was some more, but i don't remember.

Please add/change does things :)