handling.cfg

Guest Jamez_Warner

What happens if I use MTA with a modified handling.cfg file? presumably the server gives out its own copy for the duration of the connection? or is it all client side? Am I likely to have problems playing online with these modifications?

James

lol, tried it ( works ) and you it seems anything driven by you takes on your own handling.cfg file - but when you crash into someone it uses their handling.cfg to work out what damage i would cause, so in short you can make your own cars fast as you want - but dont expect to be able to use a huge mass to kill other people

James

how is this cheating when there are no rules or gameplay yet implemented? people are just mucking about online - if the developers minded editing the cfg they would have added protection....

James

lol the same could be said for you as your are making game mods, CHEAT ! but seriously, I brought this up so it could be fixed for next time round - it wouldnt take much to include a "stock" version of the .cfg and rewrite the users version everytime loaded..

James

• 5 months later...
lol, tried it ( works ) and you it seems anything driven by you takes on your own handling.cfg file - but when you crash into someone it uses their handling.cfg to work out what damage i would cause, so in short you can make your own cars fast as you want - but dont expect to be able to use a huge mass to kill other people

James

but then if you ram them at fast speeds, if their on a bike, they'll go flying and if they're on foot, hell, they'll fly across the map

The idea of making a stock handling.cfg file isnt that simple as all you'd have to do to prevent it overwriting would be to change its attributes to read only.

Its very difficult to put into practice. The problem with the cheating is that the MTA crew might disable all current trainers, but whats to stop those who've make one trainer from making another. It seems that within a few days of an MTA release some little scrote has released a cracked version. There really isnt much you can do about it- its the same with warez.

Learn to live with it- if someone is cheating then move to another server. They'll get bored and give up eventually- they're only entertained when people are watching.

Ive experienced people with handling.cfg files modded on the VCES server now and again which i must add where promptly kicked by the admin after inspection.

Somehow an ambulance caught up to me and one of there members RonSeal during a car chase i was driving a Pheonix and he was in the car that looks like a porsche(cant remember the name) and the ambulance isnt as fast as either of those cars and he flew over the bridge at us and rammed me at some incredible speed causing my car to smoke on impact.

So i would say its definitley cheating altering any aspect of the game files to gain an advantage over opposition = cheating in my mind.