MTA Nightly Updater [Updated!]

MTA Nightly Updater

Credits

Suerte - File Script

Colonel V - Graphics

Robhol - Site Script

Prieto_Galletini

What & Why?

This application lets you keep your Nightly up to date by telling you if you do not have the latest build and data files. You also have the option to download the latest resources. Hopefully, this saves a lot of time as people can be too lazy to repeatadly visit the development site to check for updates. Instead of running MTA each time, you can run the updater and check for updates then use the integrated play button to let you play MTA instantly afterwards.

Download

Download (335kb):

#1 Gta-r.com - Click Here

For vista, it needs to set up compatibility with win xp service pack 2 or else it will download but not run the exe (giving out an error):

x6mt6s.jpg

Screenshots

mtao.png

Edited by Guest
Is it including the data files, cuz when i uninstalling my nightly my data files are also gone. Or don't i need to uninstalling when i installing a new nightly?

I think you don't need any uninstalling. At least I install new nightly build over the old version.

I added an alternate download link, since IMO, using upload sites like Rapidshit, sendspace and the like is an unholy sin.. :P

http://robhol.net/files/MTANU.zip

What did you use to make the program, by the way?

Thanks for the download link. I used autohotkey.

Zadara, you don't need to uninstall anything. All you do is click 'Download the latest version' if it says you do not have it already.

Thanks for the updater, really useful.

Can Data and resource updater be made?

Yup. I've made the resource downloader now :) There is no registry or 'latest version' you can download since I'd assume people may want to re-download the same version of the resources.

I can attempt to integrate the data updater with the nightly updater, but there is no more GUI with the new version of the nightly updater to save time. I could always make another exe but I don't want to make people have to click lots of things either as it's designed to save time. Eh, I'll figure it out :wink:

Enjoy.

heres a little help a .exe installer for both the nightly installer and the resource installer both in one i added myself in the credits just as the installer maker nothing more cause i really just did the installer and its on my host so no rapid-s h i t haha heres the link

http://gta-r.com/archives/MTA%20NU%20&%20RU.exe

Wow, very nice :D

I'm working on a new version which updates everything for you in one executable. If you could make the install file for that and host it, I could add you to the credits fully :)

heres a little help a .exe installer for both the nightly installer and the resource installer both in one i added myself in the credits just as the installer maker nothing more cause i really just did the installer and its on my host so no rapid-s h i t haha heres the link

http://gta-r.com/archives/MTA%20NU%20&%20RU.exe

Wow, very nice :D

I'm working on a new version which updates everything for you in one executable. If you could make the install file for that and host it, I could add you to the credits fully :)

yeah why not, sure no problem. just let me know and ill do it

omg thanks

BUG

it shows that i have outdated data files, but i have the latest

I notice it does that sometimes if it runs faster then your connection, but I made a reload button for that. However, if it keeps showing just install the latest one. If that's the first time you've run it then it will have to make the registrys first.