Sign in to follow this  
AlexMiller

Alternative map editor problem

Hi all, im new on the forum.

i have a problem with saving maps, i cant find them, but if i search the maps ingame i can load them.The server directory on my Desktop, i also did a search over my PC, no maps. Help me pls :!:

If MTA can load the maps then they are in the resources folder of your server. Default location is "C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources".

And if you're on Vista, it saves them with virtual store (also compatibility files I think). So in that case the path would be

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\[nightly installation folder]\server\mods\deathmatch\resources

EDIT: Now read that the server is on your desktop. Do you use map editor on your server or the button Map Editor in-game? If former then it should be in your server's resources folder.

guys..i think you are talking about different things :P

Yeah they're all talking about the MTA Nightly map editor, the author of this thread is talking about the alternative editor, hence my post.

Oh great, I didn't know that there's an 'Alternative map editor' :D Just thought the topic title is weird

wow im suprised people still use my crappy attempt to make a race-like editor for dm :)

anyway i can just strongly suggest you to switch over to the 1.0 editor for nightly builds