MTA Unicode

vovo4ka

Question

12 answers to this question

• MTA Team

If it's done properly, sure, why wouldn't we? Just submit it the ready patch which makes MTASA compatible with Unicode to Source Patches section of our bugtracker. It's an important feature, so we'd be happy to implement it if some developer from our community made it.

But, like it's said above, it's a hard, complex and really time consuming task. Transition to Unicode might also spawn some other issues in the mod, pushing back its release even more further.

If someone is still interested in doing this, I would recommend contacting some developer for tips on doing it first, so you won't just waste your time.

For Russian сщььгтшен it is important! I'm advance MTASA among Russian people, but they are dissatisfied with absence Cyrillic in the ingame-chat and GUI.

Transition to Unicode very important part of advancement MTA, and it it is extremely necessary for to entice players SAMP :)

Important? Sure.

Important enough to make all devs drop what they've got in their laps, take it up and push back the release with weeks/months? Doubt it.

Don't people learn English in school anymore? I also see tons of Russians and other people speaking languages with non-Latin letters, who seem to manage just fine with what they've got. As jhxp said, the first priority should be actually getting 1.0 released, Unicode support can always be added later.

you sure. But russian gamers prefer SAMP because it supports Unicode and Cyrillic!

Look: NOW in SAMP gemes ~1000 players, and MTA ~ 60 (!!!). Principal cause of it - Unicode!!

First of all, you can't really grab statistics out of your butt and throw them into random discussions. Those numbers are uncommonly low both for SA-MP and MTA. You also can't attribute it all to Unicode, nor call it the principal cause without any sources that can confirm this.

MTA will get unicode when it gets unicode, in the meantime, nagging won't help all that much. If you want it that fast, why not code it yourself?

As jhxp stated, we'd be more than happy if someone submitted a patch to fix this. And robhol, no one was "nagging" till you arrived :P. I would not be surprised if he's correct in saying that russian speakers prefer to be able to type in russian. Either way, as you said, it probably doesnt affect our priorities but an external contributor would be very helpful.

When UNICODE is implemented?
MTA dev. must add Cyrillic, because in the f*king samp it be!

Absence Cyrillic is a unique minus!

PS. If we make Cyrillic for MTA, MTA developers add it in MTA realease? plz :)

For Russian сщььгтшен it is important! I'm advance MTASA among Russian people, but they are dissatisfied with absence Cyrillic in the ingame-chat and GUI.

Transition to Unicode very important part of advancement MTA, and it it is extremely necessary for to entice players SAMP :)

Right, no nagging here.

* runs * :mrgreen: