I Need Running Message Bar

IceBond

You don't ask your girlfriend to have sex and pay for it, do you? You don't ask MTA developers to add specific feature and pay them if they'll make it, do you? As someone here said, there are different kinds of people. Some people don't mind, some people do. I've made many things for free and never asked for money, why? Because I was born to help people even if I have to do something for them. Maybe some day I will need help and someone will help me.

I'm not trying to stop you making it and giving it away, if that's what you want. I'm just a bit tired of noobs coming in here every other day and commanding people they don't know to create free scripts for them, then spoon-feeding them with it.

I'll gladly help with a problem now and then (anything else would be kind of unfair, since I ask questions too, and sometimes people even answer them..) but personally, I was always under the impression that this subforum isn't a drive-through ordering system for free scripts, but a forum for questions about scripting problems (not defining "too lazy" as a scripting problem), for releasing scripts and for discussing scripting in general.

As I said, I really don't mind helping. I just choke on the fact that some noob who's been in here for 5 minutes is commanding the forum to make a script for him, apparently without having tried, and apparently without the faintest intention of sticking around after he's gotten (leeched) it.

Robhol, you "how much" response has become somewhat like arc's "When we add dolphins" response: old and overused. Unfortunately for you, there are people willing to create scripts, i think its unfair to turn away people requesting scripts because you cannot speak for everyone on this website. I don't have a problem with you not wanting to do this for free. I have a problem with you trying to get rid of those who ask for scripts/help when there may be someone who does want to do it.

Clearly you havent been on this forum for long enough - in the past there have been topics which were soley for writing scripts for people for "free", of which I have even requested free scripts for without offering cash before i was able to script. It gives newbies the opportunity to learn how to script, or simply allow experienced scripters to help out. So, contrary to what you may think, not everyone is in it for money.

Robhol, you "how much" response has become somewhat like arc's "When we add dolphins" response: old and overused.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

Unfortunately for you, there are people willing to create scripts, i think its unfair to turn away people requesting scripts because you cannot speak for everyone on this website.

I don't get how that's supposed to be unfortunate for me. And I haven't been speaking for everyone on the site, I've been speaking for myself. Assuming I'm not the only one who doesn't want to waste time on leechers doesn't seem too unreasonable...

Clearly you havent been on this forum for long enough - in the past there have been topics which were soley for writing scripts for people for "free", of which I have even requested free scripts for without offering cash before i was able to script.

What it was 4 years ago isn't really relevant in my opinion - what it's now is what matters. Also, (again,) I haven't tried discouraging asking for help, I've been trying to discourage noobs commanding people to script for them and then pissing off forever, or possibly until the next time they want a script that's not publically released.

It gives newbies the opportunity to learn how to script, or simply allow experienced scripters to help out. So, contrary to what you may think, not everyone is in it for money.

I don't think "newbies" necessarily learn scripting by being spoon-fed premade scripts. Asking for a solution to a problem is perfectly reasonable, categorically commanding an entire forum to write something isn't, or so it seems to me. Also, I'm not in it for the money either. Sarcasm isn't always as obvious in written text, but I was really only trying to make a point. I might remind you, you've done that all the time too, at least in IRC. (Your "£*" lines.) I don't think you were being too serious about it either.

Now make him the script, you can gimme a dolphin script while you're at it... ;)

(*runs*)

I think this argument has gone far enough (we're highjacking the poor leecher's thread! D:) and I'm not really interested in your opinions on my opinions. I'll just stop wasting my time on leecher threads from now on.

I think this argument has gone far enough (we're highjacking the poor leecher's thread! D:) and I'm not really interested in your opinions on my opinions. I'll just stop wasting my time on leecher threads from now on.

Finally you understood :o

It's you who make people go and never come back because you ask them for money... There are people who can make the scripts for free. You will never understand that because nobody in your entire life "done you a favour for free". So stop posting "gimme money" in every topic. What was in past (that is, 4 years ago) is still present... people don't change to stop helping others. Even SA-MP forum has people who loves to make scripts that people asked for.

It's you who make people go and never come back because you ask them for money...

People who were never going to contribute anything. That's what the word "leecher" means.

There are people who can make the scripts for free. You will never understand that because nobody in your entire life "done you a favour for free".

Oh, I completely forgot how much you know about my life. ( :arrowleft: Sarcasm alert for your convenience..)

So stop posting "gimme money" in every topic.

If you don't get sarcasm even after I actually pointed it out in my previous post, I don't know what to do to make it clearer.

What was in past (that is, 4 years ago) is still present...

Then what does "past" mean in your universe? (No, I don't really care, and I don't really want to know.)

The fact that something was true before doesn't mean it still is today.

people don't change to stop helping others. Even SA-MP forum has people who loves to make scripts that people asked for.

SA:MP is pretty much irrelevant to this discussion.

As I said, I'm not really interested in continuing this argument. As soon as you stop attacking/whining about my opinions I'll be able to let it lie.

Finally you understood :o

It's you who make people go and never come back because you ask them for money... There are people who can make the scripts for free. You will never understand that because nobody in your entire life "done you a favour for free". So stop posting "gimme money" in every topic. What was in past (that is, 4 years ago) is still present... people don't change to stop helping others. Even SA-MP forum has people who loves to make scripts that people asked for.

hey . listen everyone . Robhol & 50p . i cant create a script because my english is bad . im from turkey .. i want scripter. 50p i think . you are very nice guy . & you like to help people . robhol . i think . robhol = napolion . :D Napolion said : money money money . & robhol said : how much u give me ? :S hey . listen . i like to help people too . robhol yes . maybe you are good scripter etc.. but u never be understand for me .

ok listen 50p . now i dont want to running message bar . sent me only Auto-Message on chatbox . but i need to design it . & 50p add me on msn : [email protected] [email protected] 50p i want u admin on my server ..

-- St.Fighter , IceBond --

Thanks .

IceBond.

if its something with a message who comes in the chatbox like

|iceBond : heey, i'm searching for a msg script ?

|server rules

|dont be an idiot ?

|keep the language to english

|what ever you want

|Toppexxx : then i got what you're searching for ?

|___________________________________________________

just tell me what you want it say

1 : Dont Kill SomeOne In Weaponshops And Carshops !

2 : Dont Beg For Money !

3 : Fallow The Admins ! Because Admins Have A Think .

4 : Speak Only English , Turkish or Dutch .

5 : No Hack Or Mode . We Must Use Natural GTA [ Grand Theft Auto ] .

6 : Dont Speak Someone For The Curse ! Stay Friendly Mate !

7 : Do Use Hangling .

8 : Respect Our Admins !

Do /report To Report Cheater , Modder & Give Us A Idea

Msn Address : [email protected]

[ Sorry for my bad english & LoL Rules :D ]

About the Auto-Message, do you mean to display these rules in the chatbox? All of them at the same time?

You could use my very old script Chatbox ads which displays random message in the chatbox every 10 minutes. Maybe you could use it.

Check my profile to see all the resources I made.