[REL] Zday, a Zombie Infestation Script

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey slothman your mod is great with everything, If you still want to add something in the mod than ive got one idea for it.

It would be great if you create zombies with random speed, not like all zombies with the same speed but like one group is running, other like drunk walking. Second thing maybe the ambience sounds, something scary, to make it more intense while you walk or shoot your way off.

Thank you for reading, I hope you can create those things

Hey slothman your mod is great with everything, If you still want to add something in the mod than ive got one idea for it.

It would be great if you create zombies with random speed, not like all zombies with the same speed but like one group is running, other like drunk walking. Second thing maybe the ambience sounds, something scary, to make it more intense while you walk or shoot your way off.

Thank you for reading, I hope you can create those things

That is easy, learn lua and maybe you gonna make that :)

• 1 month later...

the zombies just dont work for me

Im using the zombie city map and the zombies just dont show up i have started the resource and everything whats wrong?

the errors i get in the console are

no definition for Zombie_Spawn

and

attaempt to clean boatlean

something like that how can i fix this?

• 1 month later...

Here's a wee mod in case anyone's interested.

unallowedMatTypes = {}; 
for i=1,17 do unallowedMatTypes[i] = true; end 
for i=19,34 do unallowedMatTypes[i] = true; end 
for i=74,82 do unallowedMatTypes[i] = true; end 
for i=85,89 do unallowedMatTypes[i] = true; end 
for i=115,125 do unallowedMatTypes[i] = true; end 
unallowedMatTypes[144] = true; 
for i=146,153 do unallowedMatTypes[i] = true; end 
for i=160,165 do unallowedMatTypes[i] = true; end 

addEvent( "Spawn_Placement", true ) 
function Spawn_Place(xcoord, ycoord) 
    local x,y,z = getElementPosition( getLocalPlayer() ) 
    local posx = x+xcoord 
    local posy = y+ycoord 
    local gz = getGroundPosition ( posx, posy, z+500 ) 
    local hit, mx, my, mz, elementHit, nx, ny, nz, mat = processLineOfSight(posx, posy, z+500, posx, posy, z-500) 
    if mat == nil or unallowedMatTypes[mat] ~= true then 
        return; 
    elseif (z-gz) > 20 then 
        return; 
    else 
        triggerServerEvent ("onZombieSpawn", getLocalPlayer(), posx, posy, gz+1 ) 
    end 
end 
addEventHandler("Spawn_Placement", getRootElement(), Spawn_Place) 

As far as I've tested it, it seems to work.

Its job is to stop zombies spawning on roofs and shiz, along with under water.

I am really looking for any ideas, suggestions, or feedback, so please comment

FUTURE POSSIBLE FEATURES

-weapons/ammo/food/supplies bartering system

Long(ish) version of my idea: Why not introduce some sort of animals as well? Kinda like this script, but animals and shiz. YOu can kill them and pick up their dead carcass and then leave it as zombie bait?

Short version: Zombie bait, they get more attracted to that shit than players if they come within a small colShape of the bait?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello slothman,

I have few ideas that you could maybe can add it to the mod.

First of all, HP. You could create pickups that would be objects not just a regular HP pickup, like food, drinks, medicine, bandages and others. Second of all, inventor. Imagine that you can pick up bandages, but you dont need it right at that moment, so you put bandages in your inventory or fuel canister (if you can make one of course). Third, missions. Make mini-missions, like to get gas by driving on checkpoint or get supplies from the grocery store, weapon crates, take over bases, helicopter crashsite.

Its just my ideas and i dont know how to make them real in scripting, so ill just leave it to you.

And sorry for my english, Im not very good at it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there!

I am experiencing a weird sound problem that only occurs when the "zombies" resource is running.

When it is running, the acceleration sounds of cars do not work anymore and are played back like you would be riding shotgun in MP - it is only a straight pitched sound, you can't hear the gear shifting anymore, regardless of speed. You can reproduce this by disabling the zombies resource and get into a car and accelerate. Now enable the zombies resource and get out of the car and inside it again and accelerate again. You will hear no pitching up and no gear changes, just a steady frequency.

Also, the resource makes several aircraft in the game have no sound at all. For example the Hydra keeps its sounds, but the Sparrows and other Aircraft types are muted.

Are there any workarounds for this? I think it has something to do with the zombie groan sounds.

Hello there!

I am experiencing a weird sound problem that only occurs when the "zombies" resource is running.

When it is running, the acceleration sounds of cars do not work anymore and are played back like you would be riding shotgun in MP - it is only a straight pitched sound, you can't hear the gear shifting anymore, regardless of speed. You can reproduce this by disabling the zombies resource and get into a car and accelerate. Now enable the zombies resource and get out of the car and inside it again and accelerate again. You will hear no pitching up and no gear changes, just a steady frequency.

Also, the resource makes several aircraft in the game have no sound at all. For example the Hydra keeps its sounds, but the Sparrows and other Aircraft types are muted.

Are there any workarounds for this? I think it has something to do with the zombie groan sounds.

This may not only be a problem of the resource, this may be a problem of your audio settings on your computer. If you are using headphones and 5.1 Surround System settings, you can't hear any of the sounds you listed above. I had this issue and when I switched over to Stereo, and restarted the game, it worked again. Try that first, in case you are using 5.1/7.1 Surround System. If you don't have 5.1/7.1 stereo system, which most players don't, change it to Stereo.

• 2 months later...