[REL] Zday, a Zombie Infestation Script

I havn't heard of it causing a crash [...]

Nick that... apparently it was the server version 2033.2 release which seems to enjoy crashing. I fell back to the 1854 release and no longer experience any crashes whatsoever.

Scratch that as well. Now 1854 has crashed after some time of running this resource.

Curious; what version of MTA was this created under? Perhaps if I use the same exact version the author was using when he made this I won't be crashing as much?

Slothman, I have a problem, and I don't know if you already answered it :P

Why can't I change the 2 settings "MaxZombies" and "StramMethod" by the admin panel or using another resource? I need to change it every some time by a resource using set(), but I can't do it, man. How can I do that? (it is on Admin ACL)

I found a bug... damn?

ERROR: zombies/zombie_server.lua:373: attempt to compare number with string

This gets repeated every some seconds... Please check it Slothman, this is the problem:

if (table.getn( allzombies )+pacecount < newZombieLimit ) and (ZombieStreaming == 1) then    

I've found the problem is "newZombieLimit", I've tried to fix it but nothing.

im betting theres another script thats preventing damage frm being punched. the zombie script forced health loss on a player, and if another script is trying to reset it either clientside or serverside, it can conflict and the system thinks your cheating.

Hey Slothman, great script!

I am having an error, which I believe to do with setting the zombies' rotation. When I first ran the script with one spawnpoint, it gave no errors, which was cool. I noticed tho, as I added more spawnpoints that are rotated in different directions, I got this error in the debugconsole. Luckily, the zombie still spawned, but I want to clean up this error.

The error I get in debugconsole is:

ERROR: zombies\zombie_server.lua:141: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'x' (a boolean value) 

I am having trouble tracking this down, so I figured I'd come to you.

Also, out of curiosity, do you know of a way to make zombie not exit a colshape? It is not a big issue since I will be using it in the Restricted Area base, but I want to isolate the zombie gamemode in that area, so to speak. I do have an idea on how to do this, but wanted your advice.

Thanks in advance!

OMG HUGE UPDATE

DOWNLOAD IT HERE AND RATE IT 5!

fixes

*streamlined much of the script(huge rewrites)

*fixed setting feature to allow for modifications to settings

*lots of minor debug fixes

*much less choking on the clientside scripts

*zombies no longer go after the unspawned players

new features

*zombie proof radar areas (see the wiki)

*3 more skins!

*zombie speed options!

*probably more i cant think of!

This update is for all the people who have patiently waited for ceertain features. Now servers can set up radar areas to block zombies from spawning in them. The other huge feature (that didnt really take me too much time to make to be honest) is that servers can now set their zombies to either super slow staggar (drunk anim), normal(classic) and fast(rocket zombies!)

Again let me stress, games and movies with fast zombies totally miss the point of what zombies are. a zombie is not a danger by itself, but a lot of zombies are an unstoppable force of impending doom. its not the immediate danger that makes the idea appealing, its the constant knowledge that they are coming.

with that being said, faster zombies are also more stressful on a server.

How do agree that the killing of zombies earn $ 350?

I tried this and were reluctant.

function reward ( ammo, killer, killerweapon, bodypart ) 
    if ( killer ) and ( zombie ~= source ) then 
        givePlayerMoney ( killer, 350 ) 
        outputChatBox ( "** Cash #00A0FF+350$", killer, 255, 0, 0, true ) 
    end 
end 

Edited by Guest