[REL] Zday, a Zombie Infestation Script

BRAVO SLOTHMAN BRAVO. Seriously best update so far :) keep it up. no eror mesages anymore, no gui freeze anymore, no laging anymore. simply da best :). here goes my vote.I hope you will win some kin of reward for making best MTa script EVEr. thx again.

• 1 month later...

I modified a bit this resource.

But when any zombie punchs me, server kicks me with this reason: "AC #1: You were kicked from the game".

Can you tell me why does this happen?

I do this:

I replace all "run_old" zombie animations to "run_player".

I replace all "player_sneak" zombie animations to "woman_walkshop" (more realistic zombie walk).

I add these 4 lines:

local headless = math.random (0,3) 
if headless == 0 then 
 setPedHeadless (zomb,true) 
end 

And that's all I do.

I modified a bit this resource.

But when any zombie punchs me, server kicks me with this reason: "AC #1: You were kicked from the game".

Can you tell me why does this happen?

it wouldnt be due to the changes you made, its likely happening if your running a different script that prevents damage or dying. in the zombie resource, your hp gets set to a lower amount when you get hit. mta seems to have a bit of cheat detection that when it doesnt get the results it was expecting, then you get booted. I had similar experiences using a custom superman script that blocks damage.

How can I add more off custom skins?

if you make a custom skin and it doesnt suck, id be happy to add it so everyone can use it. best way i find is to use an app called txdworkshop. the trick is to find the name of the skin your looking for, extract it from the gta3.img (i use imgeditor for that). Im sure theres tutorials on how to edit gta skins out there, the only difference is that with mta, you dont have to put the .txd back in the gta3.img

How can I add more off custom skins?

if you make a custom skin and it doesnt suck, id be happy to add it so everyone can use it. best way i find is to use an app called txdworkshop. the trick is to find the name of the skin your looking for, extract it from the gta3.img (i use imgeditor for that). Im sure theres tutorials on how to edit gta skins out there, the only difference is that with mta, you dont have to put the .txd back in the gta3.img

I know how to edit, and ye that skin sucks because i just want to test it. I don't know how to add it to the server, I add it in folder skin and edited the script but still it dosent work. I mean that about adding skins not how to crate one. :P And ye I'm new to this so I don't know. :|

could you make a function so zombies would be less attracted to you? i mean, that only zombies in a diameter like 10m or so would follow you, and the rest would be idle and just walking around...

It would be also more realistic if the zombies spawned from a greater distance and that they would stay there for longer(so you will be able to evade zombies even in a area with zombie spawnpoints.)

and that they would come in smaller waves, for not lagging your pc/laptop and more realistic approaches by zombies.(also make them spawn further away.

i know, it might be a bit too much for one update, but you might think about it, because it will make the zombie waves more realistic.

all of those things would be easy to edit, how far the streaming distance is, how close they have to be to see you, etc. I figured It was set to a happy medium setting. if i make the zombies stream further away, then they are less condensed, and less likely to surround you. basically it would make playing much easier. I'll have a look at setting this as an option, but i dont think a lot of people care too much about those as options.

what people do seem to care about is:

A: faster zombies,

I absoluty LOATHE the idea. zombies shouldnt be fast goddammit!!!!! That being said, you have to give the public what it wants. the servers that have changed the zombie anims to make them faster have halfassed the process, and that can create some pretty stupid bugs like zombies running in circles or back and forth. I'll add this option, but any server using this option is lame IMO

B: less lag.

most of the lag comes from the fact that it keeps checking the line of sight on all zombies, and making them check line of sight for non-zombie peds too. Imm working on making this more efficient, but the most efficient way I've ben able to manage so far is to disable them from going after non-zombie peds. so thats a work in progress.

C: ways of controlling where they spawn

I've already developed a method of stopping spawning within certain boundaries using radarareas as ways of marking them off.

Also, I have been working with a couple people on a full blown zombie rpg server, its been up for several weeks already and we are still working to improve it and add new features/stuff to do. I welcome you to check it out, its called "Zday Rp/RPG [Zombies]"

Slothman, since I'm a total loner and a jackass most of the time, I know this will end in me pissing you off and you pissing me off, but I did sort of an abstract ped layer which does nothing but control the most basic ped movements. This way I was able to make a basic zombie ped script like yours with a lot less effort.

I intend to give it to you with my zombie example, if you promise to improve it and to fix the final bugs.

Since I got no time, there is two big goals to accomplish:

1) Virtual Peds: If you move further away from peds, the ped itself disappears, but the server remembers where that virtual ped is and respawns it when the player comes back. Shouldn't be troublesome.

2) Using the ped waypoints some MTA script already had. I think it was one of the MTA team's guys, he released one big script with the single positions already.

I'll work on that myself, but I got this sort of Asperger's problem: No energy means no work. I can't force myself to work, no one else can, what makes me the hell of a co worker. But if I start to work I'll script 1000 lines of code without compiling it once, fix 20 bugs and got a full script.

Its just to warn you, you'll get the script anyways if you intend to improve it.

A: faster zombies,

I absoluty LOATHE the idea. zombies shouldnt be fast goddammit!!!!! That being said, you have to give the public what it wants. the servers that have changed the zombie anims to make them faster have halfassed the process, and that can create some pretty stupid bugs like zombies running in circles or back and forth. I'll add this option, but any server using this option is lame IMO

Zombie Fast running makes the game much faster and imo it's the only way to challenge players. Of course, it is pretty lame if they kill you whenever you spawn, so my option was to create 3 spheres: first for normal zombies, second for faster zombies and last for the most challenging zombies. So if player don't get enough challenge from sphere 1, he goes to the next sphere. And if everything is considered correctly, it's not lame, it's even cooler;

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Firstly, I apologize if this has been answered already and if so, please provide me a link to the resolution. Thanks!

Now to my issue... I am noticing the resource spits out the following error 3 times each time a player quits:

WARNING: zombies/zombie_server.lua:393: Bad 'element' pointer @ 'getElementData'(1) 

I'm assuming this has something to do with:

local lowestcount = 99999 
                local lowestguy = nil 
                for PKey,thePlayer in ipairs(liveplayers) do 
                    if (getElementData ( thePlayer, "dangercount")) then      --this is line #393 
                        if (getElementData ( thePlayer, "dangercount") < lowestcount) then 
                            lowestguy = thePlayer 
                            lowestcount = getElementData ( thePlayer, "dangercount") 
                        end 
                    end 
                end 

After that error happens a few times the server actually crashes. The crash itself doesn't get logged but when my terminal falls back to a prompt I can see various pieces of stuff I really don't understand or even recall, followed by the last piece being [stack]. Are there any known incompatible resources to zombies? Or is this an entirely separate issue?

I am using the 1.0.4-9-2033.2 release on GNU/Linux, Ubuntu distro with XFCE4.

I havn't heard of it causing a crash, but I have been working on updates to remove any errors and make the whole thing run more efficiently. I suppose I could release the update, but I wanted to add a couple more features first (for example, the fast zombie option)

Good news is this weekend is free, so I guess I know what I'll be doing. If anone has any skins to submit, now would be a good time to send them my way.

Nice! One more question though:

Does Zday still require a special GM or map to run it? Or is it compatible with Freeroam-type maps since spawnpoints are no longer a requirement?

Also, I have a little experience in Assembly-type programming (lsl), and lua seems slightly familiar to it. If there's anything I could do to help ( code changes to test, etc. ) lemme know.