[REL] Zday, a Zombie Infestation Script

• 2 weeks later...

YET ANOTHER UPDATE AGAIN

new update includes 3 skins by yours truly. I've been experimenting with alphas to show peds with various degrees of damage.

- a schoolgirl with various bite marks and a torn skirt

- the most famous zombie in the whole world!

- a native american with quite a hole blasted through his chest.

I also corrected a few missing model ids in the list of possible zombie model ids. In case anyone didnt know, the server script has 2 tables at the begining, 1 listing all peds, and another only listing zombie skinned peds (for those who don;t like seeing regular looking people among the undead).

I thought i'd update to celebrate getting 5000 downloads from the community site. (at least i hope this update will bring it to 5000)

ERROR: zombies\zombie_server.lua:410: attempt to compare boolean with number = thats what server keeps spamming and game incredibly lags when zombies start to spawn and then game crashes. Its definitely fault of new version cuz the previous worked super smoothly.

not realy. It hapens when the zombies spawn generaly. random or not it doesnt matter. if you let them spawn random they ultra lag and siable all your gui menus and eventualy crash game. if you let them spawn only through spawns they ultra lag and eventualy crash but menu is ok :D. The previous version was pretty much faster than this one. Plz make it like that again :D

UPDATED AGAIN

*fixed timers doubling every time a resource started

*fixed streaming script bad args

turns out every time any resource started, the streamer timers started up again, causing massive issues.

also, the bad args were caused by players joining the server showing up as "alive" before they loaded their game or spawned (a warning for anyone assuming that getAlivePlayers() does what it sounds like :P)

I am looking into the issue of guis of other scripts not working, it has to do with the zombie counter thats always updating, I'll find a proper workaround for it in the next day or so.

Slothman, I want to use your script with dxscoreboard, not with the traditional scoreboard... What I need to do? It's possible?

The default scoreboard seems a little bugged here, I don't know why...

Have a way to activate the zombies_client.lua by other function to the people can register/choose your teams by GUI?

I've tried to put many things but nothing works:

Tried to put this on zombie_client.lua after function clientsetupstarter:

addEvent("clientsetupstarter", true)
addEventHandler("clientsetupstarter", getRootElement(), clientsetupstarter)

And tried to put this on my login_client.lua/chooseteam_client.lua (if the player are registered, login_client activates, else, he goes to chooseteam_client):

chooseteam_client.lua

function hideLoginWindowSpawn2()
guiSetInputEnabled(false)
guiSetVisible ( GUIEditor3_Window[1], false )
showCursor ( false )
triggerServerEvent ( "onPlayerLogged", localPlayer, localPlayer )
triggerClientEvent ( thePlayer, "clientsetupstarter", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()) )
end

login_client.lua

function hideLoginWindowSpawn()
guiSetInputEnabled(false)
guiSetVisible ( GUIEditor_Window[1], false )
showCursor ( false )
triggerServerEvent ( "onPlayerLogged", localPlayer, localPlayer )
triggerClientEvent ( thePlayer, "clientsetupstarter", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()) )
end

I've tried to put triggerClientEvent ( thePlayer, "clientsetupstarter", GetRootElement(), getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()) ) too but i haven't any success...

Thanks ;)

Edited by Guest

Dont work for me

I spawn any where in the world ot in the Base :(

And i got error

[2010-08-09 19:37:36] ERROR: zombies\zombie_server.lua:383: attempt to compare boolean with number
[2010-08-09 19:37:39] ERROR: zombies\zombie_server.lua:383: attempt to compare boolean with number
[2010-08-09 19:37:41] ERROR: zombies\zombie_server.lua:383: attempt to compare boolean with number

Can any one give me the mtaserver.conf file ?

Dont work :(

my Config :

<config>
<servername>Zombie Server</servername>
<serverip>5.86.143.123</serverip>
<mtusize>1264</mtusize>
<serverport>22003</serverport>
<maxplayers>100</maxplayers>
<AdminServer>1</AdminServer>
<AdminPort>44003</AdminPort>
<AdminPass>dreamer</AdminPass>
<httpserver>1</httpserver>
<httpport>22005</httpport>
<httpdownloadurl></httpdownloadurl>
<ase>1</ase>
<donotbroadcastlan>1</donotbroadcastlan>
<password></password>
<logfile>logs/server.log</logfile>
<acl>acl.xml</acl>
<scriptdebuglogfile>logs/scripts.log</scriptdebuglogfile>
<scriptdebugloglevel>0</scriptdebugloglevel>
<htmldebuglevel>0</htmldebuglevel>
<fpslimit>36</fpslimit>

<resource src="scoreboard" startup="1" protected="0" />
<resource src="zombies" startup="1" protected="0" />

</config>

If i connect to the Game i get a Black Screen

BIG UPDATE

*fixed gui blocking bug

*tweaked zombie behaviour to disperse more quickly after eating a player

*added more zombie moaning instances

*many other fixes

the update every server was waiting for, this shouldnt interefere with guis any longer, as well as a few other bits have been cleaned up.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKE THIS SCRIPT! your votes feed my ego, which in turn encourages further development. :wink:

Slothman, have some way to activate the zombies_client after the player login or register?

I've tried to use TriggerClientEvent and added clientsetupstarter as a single event, but doesn't work. I don't want to show the zombies count on a black screen :)

Oh, and use dxscoreboard instead of use the default scoreboard? Have some way?

Slothman, have some way to activate the zombies_client after the player login or register?

I've tried to use TriggerClientEvent and added clientsetupstarter as a single event, but doesn't work. I don't want to show the zombies count on a black screen :)

the problem is that as soon as a player connects, MTA considers them alive. even before the player spawns, even before the players game is still in the loading screen(the one that comes up when the game engine first starts) this is kinda stupid, but its how it the MTA team decided to make it work. since zombies are only told to spawn around alive people, it acts like this.

I havn't tried this myself, but you could try to kill the player as soon as they join the server (onPlayerJoin), or even onPlayerConnect.

Oh, and use dxscoreboard instead of use the default scoreboard? Have some way?

thers 2 ways. the easier way is to rename dxscoreboard to scoreboard. the other way is to search the zombies meta and zombie_server.lua for "scoreboard" and change it to "dxscoreboard"