[REL] Zday, a Zombie Infestation Script

I would like to ask something... In the case of a zombie being killed a kill is added to the players kills. how can i make it also award that player a set amount of money for that kill?.... And also why cant you kill them with cars? they are like walls when you try to run them over lol . thanks ahead of time.

• 2 weeks later...

there seems to be a lot of people pming me and asking me to help them use this resource, so i thought i'd reply to everyone here:

I am going to be releasing an update soon that will give gamemodes more control over the zombies with more options, exported functions, and more events triggering. since working on my ai bot i have realized the value of these features.

I'm also working to address the method of spawning zombies. the current 2 methods have quite a few drawbacks, and when a player joins a game all the zombies are already spawned elsewhere, leading to a kind of bland first impression. my goal will be to spread the zombies more evenly between players.

I'm announcing this ahead of time not only to motivate myself, but to ask the public once again for any new skin submissions. there hasnt been any since the last update, and it would be nice to have a few more. it's almost starting to look like a real zombie apocolypse in there :)

UPDATE

new features:

*improved sync by using setElementSyncer to whatever player is being chased

*vastly improved zombie streaming system gets the zombies to spawn more evenly near all players, including players who just spawned

*removed zombie spawnpoints. this was an outdated system that noone really used

*added more zombie events and functions for script /gamemode integration

*various efficiency fixes

sorry, no new skins this time. havn't had the time to make any myself, and i've recieved no submissions. but i have also added a zombie wiki page similar to my slothbot wiki page, find it here

Hey slothman, I have an idea for this resource... Any kind of "infection system"? When you are attacked by an zombie, you slowly lose your life, excepting if you get the cure. Is useful for a more realistic style, like in Resident Evil movies... I hope you take my idea in your next version...

hey sloth, i got a little problem since i run mta on my new laptop.

i recently added the zombie addon, but i cant load it as an definition( its not in the list)

is there any way to do this? because your slothbot seemed to instantly get into the list...

grtz wallmart

i removed the edf (definition) as its no longer needed. all the edf did was allow zombie spawnpoints to be made, but now zombies are just spawned randomly.

ok i understand, but now im going to miss the fact that you could go freeroam/stunt on some places and kill zombies from time to time ;)

And what would "the cure" be?

I have 4 ideas for that.

1.-There is the object 1210 (a briefcase that is supposed to contains the cure).

2.-There is, too, the object 1241 (an adrenaline tablet, that can be the cure too).

3.-The object 2976 ("green gloop", I don't know how to describe it xD).

4.-And objects 1575, 1576, 1577, 1578, 1579, and 1580 (drug packets).

And the cure can be putted in the map by an EDF definition.

bad idea to remove the zombies spawnpoints, useful to make some place with more zombies or less, to choose a special place where the zombies spawn, example spawn them on a bridge and when you come they fall on you xD ! The safe place without zombies is now full of zombies no sense for the zombies servers and a big map with just some infected place with zombies and no infected place, now the map its full of zombies, so if you have a stunt park on your big map on a freeroam server , now you are ready to do a stunt in the stunt park and ho ! A strange guy is in my way, what is this, is a zombie, lol ! And you miss your stunt !

ANOTHER UPDATE

*readded zombie spawnpoint option due to popular request. i didnt realize how much people liked a controlled zombie apocolypse :P

*simplified streaming method for zombies - less timers running, less wasted data

*paced zombie spawning - now zombies won't all spawn at once creating a huge cpu lag

*added compressed skin textures (thanks karloz) - reduced resource size, so now people can jump into the game faster

*added proper server options for stream method and zombie limit- now the server option are in the meta instead of the server script file.

This took a lof of hard brain power to get working, i kept running into an infinite loop bug, but the edf and the spawnpoints are back , so all can rejoice.