[REL] Zday, a Zombie Infestation Script

the sounds i got were from a free to use site, i didnt want to use anything ripped off of other games, i only use about 10 of them cause ifigured it was a nice number, not too repetitive. if you think your sounds are better and they are not stolen from a game, id give em a listen

HUGE UPDATE!!

- debug output spamming fixed (special thanks to lil_toady for the help on that one

- more skins (thanks to the awesome submissions in this forum

- improved ai (just minor tweaks)

- fixed the barricade image not showing when you walk up to the barricade

- made streaming out of zombies a little smoother

- no longer need to place zombie spawns everywhere!!! (KEEP READING FOR MORE INFO)

that's right, i've finaly settled for a decent streaming zombie method, so zombies now spawn in other locations. I promised this would happen a while ago, and here we are.

heres how it works:

1- Random zombie spawning can be turned on and off in the server script (AllowRandSpawn = true) this is on by default, but server owner can disable it (handy for when you only want zombies in certain places)

2- SPAWNPOINTS TAKE PRIORITY. so if there is a nearby zombie spawnpoint, itll be used rather than spawn the zombie randomly

3- If there are no spawnpoints near to any players, a zombie will be spawned in a random location nearby to a player.

4- zombies will not spawn under a roof unless a spawnpoint is placed there. this means interiors, caves, awnings, anywhere where the sky is not right above you.

SO GO DOWNLOAD IT!!!!

PLEASE VOTE AS WELL, I HAVE A FRAGILE EGO AND A GOOD RATING WILL MAKE MY PETTY HEART SING!

Hey Sloth,

atm server side peds aren't well synced (kinda laggy, b'cause there is no setElementSyncer); did you consider about rewriting the code to client side? I gave it a chance, and now it works way smoother than ever (not mentioning that now the game is completely different when they are walking without teleports); despite the fact, that they aren't synced, and their positions varies to other players, it still made gameplay better;

best regards

was there a problem with it?

Not really, I found out in the end it was just some missing file that I did not copy over.

Oh and before I forget, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but why is when you kill zombies, they fall exactly where they are standing. This looks really stupid and is annoying as I like to shoot peds down edges and off roofs, but If they are falling in mid air and you kill them, they will freeze in their location of when they died and are stuck in a falling animation.

This is really unrealistic and I was wondering if this "bug" is a feature or not and if I could toggle it on or off.

thats an mta bug, the death anims arent always triggered. rarely happens to players, but still happens with peds.

On some other server with this mod ( Modded version of your mod ) they have made the zombies die normal like peds in singleplayer, you can shoot them down edges and blow them away, ect

Any clues on how they did this? Or is it because i'm not the "host" of the server and i'm a normal player? ( Lag, desync, ect )

i suppose a death animation could be artificially forced, but it could lead to things looking more unnatural in certain cases. adn to Buffalo, I undersand why youd want pure clientside zombies, but i really think desyncing the zombies for each player wouldnt be a good way to go. it would lead to way more problems then it would solve, and i think it would take away from the fun. I have done everything possible to keep the peds as synced as possible by making everything serverside, and i think it worked out well. the only time you get huge problems is if your not the syncer of a zombie that happens to be wearing a helmet, then its a little tough.

• 2 weeks later...

my bad, a small bug that prevents them from attacking unless provoked if theres no map running. i'll throw together a patch for it now....

EDIT: done, thanks for letting me know about it HITMANzz , please download version 2.0.1 to fix the bug. now if server want to disable random spawning, they will have to edit the client script as well to set AllowRandSpawn to false. also by the way, why the hell didnt anyone else tell me!?!!

thats an mta bug, the death anims arent always triggered. rarely happens to players, but still happens with peds.

On some other server with this mod ( Modded version of your mod ) they have made the zombies die normal like peds in singleplayer, you can shoot them down edges and blow them away, ect

Any clues on how they did this? Or is it because i'm not the "host" of the server and i'm a normal player? ( Lag, desync, ect )

well actually this is kind of odd, because when i used the nuke resource on zombies they just got blown away like normal players? and also wont get stuck in air, but when they spawn a lot on one place and i shoot them they stand still in mid air :P

MINOR UPDATE

added an event to allow other resources to see when a zombie gets killed. not a huge update, and useless unless you really wanted this particular feature and havnt figured out another way.

EVENT NAME: OnZombieWasted

PARAMETERS: element killer, int killerWeapon, int bodypart

SOURCE: the de-animated zombie

Here is a few ideas.

1. zombies were people at one time so you could have them drop money so you could buy wepons.

2. Is it possable to set up a system like the police and army were bots and all they did was go around killing zombies and try to save players.

3. could you set up the wanted system and make the stars like zombie heads and for every 5 or 10 zombies you get another zombie head on the wanted system.

4.all the gang zones are used to map the infected population, green = good, yellow = infected, red = only zombies.

thank you.

MINOR UPDATE

added an event to allow other resources to see when a zombie gets killed. not a huge update, and useless unless you really wanted this particular feature and havnt figured out another way.

EVENT NAME: OnZombieWasted

PARAMETERS: element killer, int killerWeapon, int bodypart

SOURCE: the de-animated zombie

Cool Man :)

but i think u didnt notice this bug (note : i didint use any other script with yours just in the instruction but the admin panel freeze after i start your script)

https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=24660&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=165#p305393