[REL] Zday, a Zombie Infestation Script

well i create a map and the spawns, zombies, pickups and objects work perfectly but i dont now why when i attack zombies with any melee weapon dosent lose hp :S

when you're outside the 3000x3000 world bounds most melee weapons stop working so that could be the cause

aaaa that is the problem, thanks Mr.Hankey (:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a post to keep you updated.

New additions:

-zombie ai improved to be alerted of your presence by gunfire and other nearby zombies

-heads now explode off when headshots happen

-zombies can now go for your throat if they get behind you (via the throat slashing animation)

-used the red sky gradient, no denying that it looks cool.

-added ability to board up doors to put barriers between you and the undead

-improved map with several interiors

-made a few custom skins so players can play as a few very well known zombie dispatchers

So you see, I have been listening to the feedback, and i really hope to get more. Just got a bit more polishing before i'll release an update.

Now the biggest change so far is that i noticed everyone talking about making their own maps. So rather than make a mission based gamemode that prevents other maps, what im in the process of doing is seperating my map stuff from the zombie ai stuff. Im going to load them into severeal different lua files. people will then be able to include the specific scripts in any map file they want, thereby adding zombies to their map no matter what gamemode the map is for (right now im experimenting with cdm, the "classic deathmatch" resource)

To summerize: Instead of being its own specific gamemode, it will now be a cool addon to whatever map you decide to make, for whatever gamemode you want to make it for.

729.png

Here is a list of stuff i really want to do/am still planning to do.

-remove ped voices and replace with moaning (impossible at the moment to remove ped voices, im hoping that feature gets added, i already have the free to use moaning sounds)

-zombie skins to replace regular boring ped skins (we might even be able to do some tricks with the alphas to get few peds with a cool "missing arm"

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP (I'm an attention whore, so sue me)

Youtube vid of the script in action!:

getting ready to release an update for it, but i thought id ask anyone out there if they were willing to make some zombie skins? I'm looking at you, capitanazop, that was a damn nice skin you made.

ZOmbie mode was already made by gamenet.fi

that is a fun gamemode, but its a different idea altogether. take another look.

That is an awesome skin 50p. im implementing the 2 skins posted in this thread so far, and they look great ingame.

love the game mode it really shows the potential of v1.0 anyway heres a couple of things you could change/add =

add a admin command so the admin can torture players like , all zombies target playername or 20 zombies target playername

add a zombie limit to players like , zombie max 10 per player (to help prevent crashes)

new player models for zombies

and you could probibly change the animation to

you could also make the weather bad

p.s thanks :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:fadein::fadein::roll::wink:

add a admin command so the admin can torture players like , all zombies target playername or 20 zombies target playername

add a zombie limit to players like , zombie max 10 per player (to help prevent crashes)

new player models for zombies

and you could probibly change the animation to

you could also make the weather bad

good suggestions, ill respond in bullet form :)

-an admin command to sick zombies on specific player is pretty devious, i might add it in future versions.

-the crashes doesnt seem to be related to how many zombies are after a particular person, but ido have a server setting that controls how many zombies exist (current default is 70, but it could go way higher)

-new skins for the zombies are definitly on the menu, i just need help (ie; other people doing the skinning cause i found out i suck at it) but new models isnt in the realm of possible.

-the animation i picked for the zombies walking wasnt my first choice, but the compromise i had to make was that more appropriate looking anims went waaaaay too slow, so i had to go with one thats still sorta zombie like (the lack of arm movement as they go) but still fast enough to pose a threat to players.

-as far as weather goes, thatll be all in the map settings.

the crashing has nothing to do with how good your system is, theres some other unknown cause. making them clientside wouldnt make it any better, just less synced.

I never mentioned crashing, and it should help poor systems by having pedestrians client side synchronised, on my old PC I kept having client freezes every 5 seconds, And lil_Toady should know what he is talking about since he is/was the one working on the ped+pedtraffic resource.

Zday, A Zombie Infestation Script

DOWNLOAD HERE (YOU WILL ALSO NEED A COMPATABLE MAP LISTED BELOW)

Ever play a game and think, "this level would be pretty fun to battle zombie hoards in." ? If you have, then we are totally on the same wavelength. I present to those people, Zday. This script allows map designers to position zombie spawnpoints througout their map. If a server decides to run the zombie script, then players will not only find themselves battling eachother, but an army of the undead as well.

Before running this script, I should warn you that it is known to cause clients to crash. this is unresolved at this time, and an update will be made once its fixed.

List of maps that use this script (there may be more, post if you know of any)

Ztown - entire town of Palamino creek (CDM)

Hideout - custom city map (CTF)

Zmall - large indoor mall (CDM or STEALTH)

Zcrypt - an underground crypt (DEATHMATCH)

Zbase - Sanctuary for the wealthy that's been overrun (CDM)

DryDam - a dried up dam (STEALTH)

green valley - a valley in the woods (STEALTH)

Berlin 1945 - berlin in 1945 (STEALTH)

Zcity - a small Zombie city (CDM)

Instructions:

Players:

To be able to create barriers of wood to create temporary barriers between you and the undead, you need to bind a key to the command "construct" in the console.

eg: "bind r construct"

Server:

To enable this script, start the zombie resource before starting the map by using the gamemode/mapmanager. You will find at the top of the zombie_server.lua file a setting to control the absolute maximum number of zombies. set this to whatever you feel is good, the default is 70, which is plenty for most people.

Map Makers:

There are several things you need to add to your map to get it infested with the living dead.

Zombie limit:

In the meta.xml file for your map, add this line in the settings part:

<setting name="#Zlimit" value="[##]" />

where the ## is the number of zombies you want in your map at the maximum. If you set your limit higher than the server allows, it will only go up to the server settings.

Zombie Spawns

Add as many zombie spawns as possible, place them in corners, in doors, on roofs, anywhere you think a zombie might pop out of. The more spawnpoints the better, because you dont want all the zombies to keep popping out of the same spot.

In the map editor, load the definition for zombies. you will then have the option in the lower left corner to create a zombie spawnpoint, which looks like cj with a skull over his head. in the map file, the syntax will look like this:

<Zombie_spawn id="Zombie_spawn (1)" dimension="0" interior="0" posX="##" posY="##" posZ="##" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="##" />

Boards

Take any destructable object you want and place it in the map (usually across a door or entrance) afterwards, you need to edit the .map file, on the objects you want to be able to rebuild, add this: purpose="zombiewood" to the object.

eg:

<object id="object (DYN_F_WOOD_3) (24)" dimension="0" interior="0" model="1418" posX="2323.6481933594" posY="69.014320373535" posZ="9.8264751434326" rotX="0" rotY="89.999938964844" rotZ="89.999938964844" purpose="zombiewood" />

This script is written to be strictly controlled by the map, so it should be compatible with any gamemode in existance (though i would not reccomend it for vehicle based gamemodes such as race, because cars move too fast for zombies to be any effect) If you are updating a non-zombie infested map to be compatible with this script theres no need to name it differently because the server itself can turn the script off, but if you prefer to keep the versions seperate, i would reccomend adding a "_Z" to the map name, (ie: sth-sewers would become sth-sewers_Z)

That's all the important stuff, you can go play now, or read on for a bit more detailed info.

Zombie AI features (what do they do?)

-wander around while idle

-punch through breakable objects to chase victims

-jump and climb ledges to get to victims

-chase players around corners (easier said than coded! )

-spawn close to players, but not too close

-stay withing a distance of players to keep the zombies more densely packed

-eat players after killing them

-attack damage increase

-zombies wearing helmets cannot be headshot

-get alerted to victims' presence from gunfire or other nearby zombies

-can grab players from behind and bite their neck

Other features

-Hud display showing how many zombies who have your brains on their menu

-Board up doors to block the undead from getting through

-custom skins (more to be added, please help if your an artist!)