[TUT] Install new MTA 1.0 easily! (w pics Win7/Vista works)

Did this help you? (fill in if you >>used<< this tut, and not the one from googlecode)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Did this help you? (fill in if you >>used<< this tut, and not the one from googlecode)

• Hell yeah!!
    • This helped me alot!
    • Yeah it was useful.
    • No...
    • I haven't tried it.

Hello everybody,

I'm back and I've decided to contribute to this community and share some of my knowledge! Of course this tut is publicaly available from before (but this is my own variant, much easier to understand and in-detail described!), but I'll be releasing some tuts about scripting and thereby programming tuts for gaining the real programmer's routine.

I've been playing for a while on 1.0 but on my localhost server. Why? Because almost all servers available are empty!

Be the pioneer of MTA! Help us to make other people to swap to new 1.0!

Why should you swap:

1. MTA 1.0 (It's not MTA DM anymore since its use is much wider) is much more reliable and much faster than previous versions

Example: Remember the slow response of the browser? Or the bug which would require from you to restart the game to see servers. All that's gone. Browser list is responding in a flash of eye.

2. MTA 1.0 has much wider scripting access. That means scripters will be able to make a lot more realistic and interesting game modes.

Example: You all remember how amazed you were when MTA:DM DP1 was out? Hay, Fallout, BF, Interstate and all the other gamemodes. Even MTA Race had a neat map editor allowing you to make crazy maps and similar stuff, making MTA more enjoyable. That's the MTA's advantage over other's. MTA 1.0 has just blown the limits so far away leaving the other's in the dust.

3. MTA 1.0 will be cheater free! (almost, since they'll be able to enter and hack ONCE, before they're banned)

Example: Serials are back in the game! Now even your stats will be recorded. But admins will love this: with a click the cheater will be never again on his server. NEVER AGAIN.

4. MTA 1.0 has much better sync, and it's game-play-bugs-free.

Example: That way new players won't cry 'cause they don't know to do fast reload bug, and won't flame the pros for using them. But bugs will be available for turning on on pro servers.

So lets begin!

1. Login/register on the MTA Community. There's another way, without registering/logging in, but I highly recommend it so you will always have up-to-date links, since I can't constantly update the thread.

capturefpy.th.png

2. Click on the Development button.

capture1w.th.png

3. Now you've got 2 links (marked on pictures), first download the nightly (link on the bottom, the marked number may vary as they update), and then the go to the googlecode page.

capture2l.th.png

4. On the googlecode page you should be able to see "featured downloads" green box, it holds the link to the MTA Data setup which is necessary for MTA.

capture3.th.png

5. You should have now both of these downloaded. Start mtasadm-1.0-r.exe

capture4h.th.png

6. If you're unsure how to fill location dialogs here are the pictures for them:

capture5r.th.png

capture6.th.png

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Windows 7 in my case) you should make your game run in the administrator mode. Look at the pictures for how to do it:

Note: As far as jhxp says this isn't necessary for Win 7 or Vista, however if you get any problems try these.

Find your MTA executable. Right click it and choose properties. Go to the compatibility tab. Check the second picture for how to set up compatibility tab.

capture7q.th.png

capture8.th.png

Edited by Guest
  • MTA Team

As far as I've tested (on Vista), you don't need any compatibility nor admin mode set for MTA exe. It will run fine, and probably better (more stable) than with them enabled.

You should also add a note about installing resources.

Ah, thanks. I'll check it out.

Update: I keep getting the error upon clicking the executable to start MTA - "Load failed. Please ensure that the data files have been installed correctly."

Update2: Oops, I forgot about the Data install.

Ah, thanks. I'll check it out.

Update: I keep getting the error upon clicking the executable to start MTA - "Load failed. Please ensure that the data files have been installed correctly."

Update2: Oops, I forgot about the Data install.

*facepalm* xD

kk, testing it

Thanks for supporting me Gamesnert :)

Well scarface, I've planned to release this tut long time ago, but I was always like: "I'll do it later."

Since I didn't want to have ruined work I released it. And as Gamesnert says, there's only few of us who visited the googlecode (few comparing to overall players playing MTA). So my plan was to somehow ATTRACT attention.

I can see that I did it right, since I attracked yours. :P

Cheers ;)

Nidza

Had I not seen this thread, I wouldn't even know that Google Code has something similar - hence I wouldn't have known I could download or how to install it. Chances are the 'new user' wouldn't know anything about what Google Code is and where it illustrates something similar to this thread.

Looking at the main mtasa.com index pages shows "Head over to our Google Code project page." However, I'd suggest adding a comment beside it explaining exactly what there is to do there. Other than that, after you pointed it out, I see the instructions on the 'Downloads' tab after clicking that link.

I did it 'cause of my personal experience, I had rough time trying to make 1.0 work first time. Luckily I knew for Google Code page, but there were no tuts then, so I did this on my own at first! But now it's a lot easier since everything is in installers.

However: I DID NOT USE GOOGLE CODE TUT AS THE RESOURCE FOR THIS. THIS WAS MADE FROM MY PERSONAL TRY-OUTS!

[offtopic] Yay hit my 100th post! Lol I'm old guy over here already and I've got only 100 posts! :lol:[/offtopic]

The sync is much better in the nightly build.. but none of that matters because everyone likes to play race for some reason. I think I run the only DM'ing server! :cry:

When I downloaded this, I thought it would be so buggy. It's actually refreshingly stable!

Everyone playing DP2.3 should just download the nightly's instead of waiting for the new release :) That way we can find bugs faster and 'release' MTA 1.0 :)

It works fine enough when you don't have 2 or more players in it... I suppose it could always be worse, but it's important to realize it's still far from perfect and needs thorough testing before release, in my opinion.

While "but it's open for everyone" and related arguments keep getting thrown around, you don't really get as many players in an unofficial beta as in an official one.