Blokker_1999

Win 98 comp. mode in XP = nogo

Yep, I have the same problem as everyone else with win98. When I join a server in ASE, the MTAClient.exe starts up, then just comes up with an illegal operation. :cry:

I'll just sit and wait for the next version... :roll:

That's odd, it works in 98 SE...

Oh well, as I said before, I'll just wait for the next version :roll:

Too bad Rockstar Games doesn't release an official MTA client. That would totally own.

Is there going to be GTA:VC2 out next year?

Will WinME ever be supported?

win me sux. get xp man.

xp sorta works, you can play for a bit before you get a unhandled exception.

win me sux. get xp man.

xp sorta works, you can play for a bit before you get a unhandled exception.

If you absolutely must use windows, ME doesn't just suck at MTA it sucks at everything!

what ARE you talking about Iam? MTA doesn't run on linux... well, at least no one's been able to get it going....

In windows ME's defence, its not all bad, it starts up super dooper quick into all the errors :)

in all fairness, when i 'tried' ME i could have it running for like 10 minute before it would crash, and in those 10 minutes it was much better than 98...

But thats about it really..

what ARE you talking about Iam? MTA doesn't run on linux... well, at least no one's been able to get it going....

Thats quite interesting since I'm running it in linux! :P

wait, you're running MTA + GTA:VC? schweet.

me, Vice City is supported by WineX 3.1. I've gotten it to work.

I heard that if you play MTA:VC under Windows 98, it will not work. Is that true?

I have Windows 98, a 56k and 450mHZ computer and I still manage to make MTA run with a ping lower than 600^_^

Wat the?!? Really?? HOW? Please tell what you do to play it. (any changes to the game or anything else..)

When I started a game yesterday with my Friend in network, he could join my server. When we then clicked on Play or start game, we could go to start new game, and then, where we can choose the character it hangs up.

Are you guys working on a fix for the random 'unhandled exception' crashes? It seems that many people (including myself) are getting this error only when playing MTA--not in single player.

I'm sure this has been asked many times (I've been looking for a solution), but since you guys said that you fixed many causes of this crash in 0.2, I'm assuming eventually you'll eliminate it all together?

If you dont answer then thats fine with me, because I'm sure that everyone is getting annoyed with this question. :wink:

Hello, I'm new to this site and I have a question if anyone could answer them it would be appreciated. Ok, I have vice city and my friend sent me a link for MTA, and I downloaded it, installed it and did all the necessary things to play it. When I try to join a room it tells me it could not execute the game. How can I fix this problem? Do I need to somehow configure something? I'm not sure how to go about this.

Open up your C:\WINDOWS\mta.ini with notepad, and edit the line that's supposed to point to your gta-vc.exe

Or just delete your C:\WINDOWS\mta.ini

As many else, i have problems during Windows 98SE. Can somebody experienced or those who made MTA help us 98 users? What about making a patch?