Notepad++ API (for MTA functions) and function lists

NeonBlack

I created a lua.xml for Notepad++, which contains all functions that are actually on the wiki.

Therefore I needed function lists I took from the wiki.

You can download the results of my day here. <.<

And yes, I know, there's already an API and maybe also function lists, but some said they might be not actual and now it's too late anyway. (I already wasted my day :P)

So I hope this is useful for anyone. I'll try to keep them up to date.

You might also post suggestions here.

Maybe I'll add the Lua standard functions later.

Lua.xml for Notepad++ (MTA DP2.3 + 1.0 functions from 06/04/2009 without Lua standard functions)

MTA Function List (Server + Client, no doubles!)

MTA Server Function List

MTA Client Function List

(Last update: 06/04/2009)

The functions in the API should be all marked with “version/serverorclient:” in front of the function name. version can be dp2.3 or 1.0, dp2.3 are the deprecated functions, 1.0 are all functions that are compatible with MTA 1.0 (nightly). serverorclient can be sevrer, client or both.

There are probably many functions with incorrect parameterlist or some other bugs since the wiki seems not to have the same syntax for every function entry. Just report such bugs.

You can use the API by copying the lua.xml into your \Notepad++\plugins\APIs directory. You'll probably have to restart Notepad++ to use the function list.

Go to Settings -> Preference... -> Backup/Auto-completion and set your auto-completion settings there. Then you will be able to use the API in any .lua-file.

I hope this isn't completely useless.

NeonBlack

Last Changes:

- added outputChatBox argument list since it's a common used function (06/04/2009)

Edited by Guest

Looks quite awesome, nice work! Can't really check it out ATM , but this looks very promising.

Again, nice work. But if I can come with a suggestion: don't waste energy trying to "keep it up to date", just update at release. Probably gonna save you a lot of relatively pointless work.

• 1 month later...

I've updated this with the changes since your "last update" (adding functions + changing params) Also added some randomly undocumented functions that don't differ in params client and server side.

http://cazomino05.com/lua.xml

EDIT: Use http://cazomino05.com/lua2.xml

If someone could keep this up to date though it'd be nice, I don't have the time I was just generally bored.

• 2 weeks later...
I created a lua.xml for Notepad++, which contains all functions that are actually on the wiki.

Therefore I needed function lists I took from the wiki.

You can download the results of my day here. <.<

And yes, I know, there's already an API and maybe also function lists, but some said they might be not actual and now it's too late anyway. (I already wasted my day :P)

So I hope this is useful for anyone. I'll try to keep them up to date.

You might also post suggestions here.

Maybe I'll add the Lua standard functions later.

Lua.xml for Notepad++ (MTA DP2.3 + 1.0 functions from 06/04/2009 without Lua standard functions)

MTA Function List (Server + Client, no doubles!)

MTA Server Function List

MTA Client Function List

(Last update: 06/04/2009)

The functions in the API should be all marked with “version/serverorclient:” in front of the function name. version can be dp2.3 or 1.0, dp2.3 are the deprecated functions, 1.0 are all functions that are compatible with MTA 1.0 (nightly). serverorclient can be sevrer, client or both.

There are probably many functions with incorrect parameterlist or some other bugs since the wiki seems not to have the same syntax for every function entry. Just report such bugs.

You can use the API by copying the lua.xml into your \Notepad++\plugins\APIs directory. You'll probably have to restart Notepad++ to use the function list.

Go to Settings -> Preference... -> Backup/Auto-completion and set your auto-completion settings there. Then you will be able to use the API in any .lua-file.

I hope this isn't completely useless.

NeonBlack

Last Changes:

- added outputChatBox argument list since it's a common used function (06/04/2009)

]

fix this pls

cannot get onto this link

but thanks :):D

• 1 month later...

Just to point out for the next one to make an api list, don't start manually writing the function names (as i've heard from some earlier threads), rather loop through _G table for functions and make the list automagically. Doesn't help for arguments though.

• 1 year later...

Very nice!

I also looked through the file and found some errors you might want to correct:

setElementVelocity --has the wrong parameters 
gtServerConfigSetting => getServerConfigSetting 
utfChar, utfCode, utfLen, utfSeek, utfSub, getPerformanceStats --Utility functions that aren't added (they're also undocumented on the wiki) 

• 2 years later...