Sync Shot?

shoottokill

Question

I don't know if same thing is happening to everyone else, but when I shoot at someone who is moving, he/she loses no HP at all. Sometimes I manage to take my shots with a little leadaim (just like in sa-mp) and it sometimes works (not all the time). One odd thing I discovered is when I shoot where my target was a few miliseconds ago, I manage cause some damage.

Anohter weird thing is weapon ranges are insane, people can take headshots with AK-47's from far away.

So, could anyone possibly explain me workings of sync shots? Whenever I play gamemodes like Stealth, I just keep getting killed the whole time. One thing I guess I should mention is my computer is 4 years old, could this have anything to do with this? I have Nvidia GeForce 5500 and 256 MB CPU. Yes, I do have a low FPS (25-30), but I played SA-MP with this computer for 2.5 years and its odd for me to be this bad in MTA. There are people from clans like FAS, B2K and PCP who can barely speak english but always put the bullet in the right place, regardless of distance. How?

11 answers to this question

The situation is slightly different with DP2, but the main design is the same.

In MTA you should aim for the actual player, and MTA's netcodes will compensate for any lag by altering the aim. If you're hitting people by shooting in front it could be a number of reasons (including SA's weapon inaccuracies).

As far as FPS goes, 25-30 fps should be fine for gameplay. DP2 is quite heavy as a mod for GTA, which is a cause for drop of FPS. This is much better in 1.0.

Obviously a big factor in this is your ping. High ping doesnt mean your weapon is less accurate, just there's more delay to all your shots. You should bear this in mind when playing.

I have 25-30 fps

In servers where i have 60-100 ping:

In race my car run slower that any others car. Just the car is slow. Starting the race pressing forward with the same car no nitro all ppl runs more than me.

When fighting others players they run more than me and they have higher firerates.

In MTA you should aim for the actual player, and MTA's netcodes will compensate for any lag by altering the aim.

While this is fair this is not only compensating but this seems to be acting like autoaiming. A guy with high ping dont need to aim just point near and shots seems to go straight to the oponent.

Be cos of the speed thing or for the compensating, theres nothing i can do, im a puppet to shot at. And dont tell me im a noob and i dont know how to fight cos i know and i can probe(sp?) it.

I have 25-30 fps

In servers where i have 60-100 ping:

In race my car run slower that any others car. Just the car is slow. Starting the race pressing forward with the same car no nitro all ppl runs more than me.

When fighting others players they run more than me and they have higher firerates.

In MTA you should aim for the actual player, and MTA's netcodes will compensate for any lag by altering the aim.

While this is fair this is not only compensating but this seems to be acting like autoaiming. A guy with high ping dont need to aim just point near and shots seems to go straight to the oponent.

Be cos of the speed thing or for the compensating, theres nothing i can do, im a puppet to shot at. And dont tell me im a noob and i dont know how to fight cos i know and i can probe(sp?) it.

To be honest, this sounds like a rant from a noob who doesn't know how to fight. :twisted:

Oh well. I'll happily admit that the sync, even in 1.0+ is not perfect yet, especially with higher pings, although that is to be expected.

My point is, it's not all bad all the time, (like certain other mods I could mention, :mrgreen: ) just try getting a couple of players together on a LAN, you'll see how the sync is when lag of "halfway-around-the-world dimensions" is not a problem.

To be honest, this sounds like a rant from a noob who doesn't know how to fight. :twisted:

know someone had to say it :P. As i said i can probe ...

I dont say sync is bad but dont understand why network has to be enforced to local vsync. Making you perform bad with low fps even if you have a good ping. I perform much better in a server with FPS-max 30 with 200 ping than in a server with 45 fps-max with 50 ping.

And that compensation as i said is like autoaiming it makes fighting gay. A noob( and you know is a noob just seeing how it moves) just stops (anyone know a guy stopped is a guy dead) and start firing and follow you with the weapon. When you fire continuosly with an ak-47 at some distance you miss lots of shots. Nvm what techniches you use you keep getting shots like if the guy had pefect accuracy.

There's no autoaiming in MTA to my knowledge, someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

Clear question, clear answer except that i never said theres auto-aiming.

"While this is fair this is not only compensating but this seems to be acting like autoaiming"

but nvm surely is just me.

for the shot sync id say 1.0.1 > dp2 > dp1 > 1.0

if you don't kill your opponents it should be lack of skill i guess. also from what i've heard and sometimes noticed, a high ping and low fps can do a pretty good job saving you and killing all the others when used correctly, due to the victim deciding if a bullet hit or not. in my opinion it would make much more sense to let the attacker decide like it currently is in most other games, however it does a pretty good job in 1.0.1 again.

for the shot sync id say 1.0.1 > dp2 > dp1 > 1.0

if you don't kill your opponents it should be lack of skill i guess. also from what i've heard and sometimes noticed, a high ping and low fps can do a pretty good job saving you and killing all the others when used correctly, due to the victim deciding if a bullet hit or not. in my opinion it would make much more sense to let the attacker decide like it currently is in most other games, however it does a pretty good job in 1.0.1 again.

If you let the attacker decide, you open the game up for easy cheats... Aimbots where you don't even need to aim.