setVehicleDamageProof doesn't work

hi, this is my script, i thougt it would be easy, but i can never get a car indestructable:[attachment=0]inv.zip[/attachment]

how am i get this working? tried everything.

and can i use this with the new vehicle create line:

<vehicle id="Beethoven1" color="0,0,0,0" dimension="0" interior="0" model="411" plate="MASTER1" posX="-1353.3266601563" posY="-8.499737739563" posZ="5.7999997138977" rotX="0" rotY="0" rotZ="272.25524902344" upgrades="1010,1087,1080" /> 

???

can someone read it? (its just a few words) and tell me wats wrong?

ps. the map file is just one thing, dont look at it.

heres the script:

newvehicle = createVehicle( 425, 575.74719238281, 2888.5163574219, 3) 
setVehicleDamageProof(newvehicle, true) 

newvehicle1 = createVehicle( 425, 601.57495117188, 2893.8950195313, 3) 
setVehicleDamageProof(newvehicle1, true) 

newvehicle2 = createVehicle( 520, 595.71911621094, 2904.8894042969, 3) 
setVehicleDamageProof(newvehicle2, true) 

newvehicle3 = createVehicle( 520, 579.76336669922, 2900.91333007819, 3) 
setVehicleDamageProof(newvehicle3, true) 

its copied from the development wiki, server side.

And in what way "isn't it indestructable"?

This functions makes a vehicle damage proof, so it won't take damage from bullets, hits, explosions or fire. A damage proof's vehicle health can still be changed via script. Also, flipping the vehicle still causes it to explode.

Always worked for me, except for the doors which still swing. But who cares about the darn doors. :roll:

And scar, reason he posted it here is because he thought it was the function's fault, not his scripting.

And in what way "isn't it indestructable"?
This functions makes a vehicle damage proof, so it won't take damage from bullets, hits, explosions or fire. A damage proof's vehicle health can still be changed via script. Also, flipping the vehicle still causes it to explode.

Always worked for me, except for the doors which still swing. But who cares about the darn doors. :roll:

And scar, reason he posted it here is because he thought it was the function's fault, not his scripting.

The vehicles spawn, but when i get in and crash, they blow, or shoot them with rpg, and torture them with flametrowers.

Will it work with the "new" string i posted b4?

I read about the flipping cars.

Edited by Guest
NOTHING DOES WORK, eventhandler, false instead of true, client side, server side!

Ok, so it's your fault. Pwew, almost thought it was MTA's fault. Of which I know for sure it can't be true, because I remember it working in DP2.3 and I recently used it in the nightlies. :roll:

NOTHING DOES WORK, eventhandler, false instead of true, client side, server side!

Ok, so it's your fault. Pwew, almost thought it was MTA's fault. Of which I know for sure it can't be true, because I remember it working in DP2.3 and I recently used it in the nightlies. :roll:

it IS a bug: i filled in a car id, instead of hunter, and it worked!

so maybe it doesnt work with airplanes

I just tried a Hunter, I can smash it around as much as I want, nothing happens to the health.

Not sure if it also worked in DP2.x (since I'm on 1.0) but I don't see anything on the bug page that could be connected to this.

Except issue #3454, which concerns connecting to the server. Might that be it?

• 2 weeks later...
I just tried a Hunter, I can smash it around as much as I want, nothing happens to the health.

Not sure if it also worked in DP2.x (since I'm on 1.0) but I don't see anything on the bug page that could be connected to this.

Except issue #3454, which concerns connecting to the server. Might that be it?

yeah, i made that a damageproof vehicle spawns if you hit a marker. Works fine. thanks for wasting your time!

Beethoven

Ps: my sig doesnt show up!!