r638 and newer version problem

on my computer r627 is working fine, but when I install r638 or r640 and when im trying to run MTA exec it shows splash screen and nothing more, or when i'm launching mta server exec it says that it can't launch deathmatch.dll because it's not configured.

What's going on?

Also try deleting GTA San Andreas settings file ("gta_sa.set") in "Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files" folder

Try moving it to some other folder instead of deleting though, if it doesn't solve it, I guess you don't want to lose your settings. :P

Also try deleting GTA San Andreas settings file ("gta_sa.set") in "Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files" folder

Try moving it to some other folder instead of deleting though, if it doesn't solve it, I guess you don't want to lose your settings. :P

I tryed it too, still nothing

As I had told you before, I had tried everything :|

• 3 weeks later...

hmm.. still no luck for me too... :?

MTA Nightly Build used to work fine for me before but when later versions come it starts to fuck up... I can't recall which version because I was hoping "ah, maybe they'd fix this on the next build :D" but nope... :|

I can provide screenshots and as you can see the download list of things that are needed, most of em anyway, to answer most of your questions.

here goes...

FIRST I run my MTA and then... *ding

http://i39.tinypic.com/2rg03zo.jpg

after I click OK this follows up (tho i just installed the MV C++ SP1 2008 )

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zflr2v.jpg

now most of goontheftauto have the same problem... We can't' seem to find a fix for this. pls help :?

1. tried downloading/installing latest C++ thing

2. updating DirectX (i have 10 since im on vista WHICH MAY ALSO BE THE REASON WHY*(#$%*()#&% :redhotevil: )

3. doing exactly what the NB site instructions say...

4. tried deleting/renaming gta_sa.set thing

5. even tried a clean install on both SA and MTA (do i have to do a clean install for vista too? :P )

6. i like the number 6 :mrgreen: