Testing nightly in Lan mode

Can you post up a step-by-step description of how you're trying to do it?

Should be something like this:

1. On one of the PC's, 'MTA Server.exe' should be started. Make sure you haven't disabled 'LAN Broadcast' in the 'mtaserver.conf'!

2. On the others, start MTA, go to 'Browse servers' (or whatever, something with browse), go to the LAN tab and you should see the server.

I guess you've been using the "Host Game" button in the main menu. If so, I'm pretty much sure it's due to 'local.conf' having LAN broadcast disabled. Set 'donotbroadcastlan' (or something like that) to 0.

mtaserver.conf and local.conf are both located in:

[MTA (nightly) folder]/server/mods/deathmatch

And they're both to be opened with Notepad.

Just posted the last piece of info just to be sure, good luck. :P

Thanks. I ran the dedicated server and was able to get the server running in LAN mode.

We didn't set up ASE, so the server didn't show up in the list. Instead, we just manually connected to the local LAN server by IP.

P.S. I found it very stupid that starting the in-game (non-dedicated) server did not support LAN mode (even if selecting the "LAN" checkbox). I hope this is just an unfixed bug (which is fine given that MTASA is still in development).

Thanks. I ran the dedicated server and was able to get the server running in LAN mode.

We didn't set up ASE, so the server didn't show up in the list. Instead, we just manually connected to the local LAN server by IP.

P.S. I found it very stupid that starting the in-game (non-dedicated) server did not support LAN mode (even if selecting the "LAN" checkbox). I hope this is just an unfixed bug (which is fine given that MTASA is still in development).

All the LAN checkbox does is enable/disable LAN broadcast, in reality it should work in LAN anyway.

If you're positive this is a bug, feel free to post it on our bugtracker ( http://bugs.mtasa.com ).