Is There A MTAIV in the Future?

Guest TruXter

Question

I just typed the link MTAIV.com

Just for kicks, and was taken to the MTA home page

like all the other links.

It got my hopes up.

I just posted one of the first posts on the GTACLANS website

So please don't make me sound like " the sky is falling" freak.

If you can't give assurance, just leave it be, and let me live

thinking you guys have something awesome up your sleeves.

• Answers 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It seems you either slate the project or support it, what a charming community!

I see players still rolling on ol`VC after 4/5 years. Who knows what will happen?

I don't hate MTA. Actually, I really like MTA:SA and want the development to keep moving forward. I don't think the team can't keep IV updated without slowing SA down and this is the closest i've been to a fully synched multiplayer of GTA. Even GTA:IV online (on 360) had ok'ish sync. On osoo's and robhols server, there is/was perfect sync and I was hooked. I don't want MTA:SA to slow down, basically.

It seems you either slate the project or support it, what a charming community!

I see players still rolling on ol`VC after 4/5 years. Who knows what will happen?

I don't hate MTA. Actually, I really like MTA:SA and want the development to keep moving forward. I don't think the team can't keep IV updated without slowing SA down and this is the closest i've been to a fully synched multiplayer of GTA. Even GTA:IV online (on 360) had ok'ish sync. On osoo's and robhols server, there is/was perfect sync and I was hooked. I don't want MTA:SA to slow down, basically.

Actually, to be honest, sync in my server (as in all others) was pathetic - all this "sync mod" did was transform the original problem (people don't lose HP while shooting) into another (you take damage even if nobody appears to be firing at you) and also created quite a few other problems. (Kills not being accredited to the right person, etc., client-side weapon data modding also worked so people could have stuff like infinite range for weapons, increased fire rate, etc. Minigun rate with sawn-off HURTS.)

I'm not saying it wasn't a nice idea, and I'm grateful to ooso that I got to test and use his script. However, you can't really deny that regular scripting has too many limits to do something as drastical as changing the whole sync scheme, and it was never really an elegant solution.

Actually, to be honest, sync in my server (as in all others) was pathetic - all this "sync mod" did was transform the original problem (people don't lose HP while shooting) into another (you take damage even if nobody appears to be firing at you) and also created quite a few other problems. (Kills not being accredited to the right person, etc., client-side weapon data modding also worked so people could have stuff like infinite range for weapons, increased fire rate, etc. Minigun rate with sawn-off HURTS.)

I'm not saying it wasn't a nice idea, and I'm grateful to ooso that I got to test and use his script. However, you can't really deny that regular scripting has too many limits to do something as drastical as changing the whole sync scheme, and it was never really an elegant solution.

Sure the sync had a few issues, cheating can't really be counted as one of them though. I prefer randomly losing HP to shooting the enemy in the head repeatedly, getting frustrated and quitting the game. I guess it depends on your opinion.

I seriously hope not. They just spent 2 years making MTA:SA and it's not even complete yet. If they move to IV, they will be finished by the time VI comes out and nobody will play.

I hope not yet either. I really want to see the older MTA's finished before they start a new one...

Well I really hope this isn't going to happen because I think MTA SA still has got things to improve and it would be stupid to slow down the progress of it when it's actually going good for now, we're seeing more and more interesting things every week, please do no give up. And in my opinion, I don't think making a multiplayer mod for IV would be good as it actually doesn't work like the GTA III era GTAs (GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA) and it would take along time to make something that's actually better than the original GTA IV's multiplayer mod, and even though it's not that good, i'm not sure either MTA and GTA:MP team would be able to make something that could be equal to it in the following years (sych etc), well that's just my opinion.

[...]and it would take along time to make something that's actually better than the original GTA IV's multiplayer mod

if long time means 2 hours then i agree

If you think making that kind of things only takes 2 hours, then you probably don't have any idea of the time it can take, look at MTA:SA development, it took alot of time and I can't imaginate IV's one and if it's out before the next GTA episode then i'll post myself dancing Soulja Boy's superman dance on Youtube.