Some questions about Multi Theft Auto 1.0.

Hello people, I know I havent been active since about June..

This is actually my first post, and I was only a few minutes active..

But, I have some questions:

Will there be some kind of Emulator so the DP 2.1 scripts will work on 1.0 ? I really dont want to lose my work. Will all the scripts available for download will also be updated? :)

Will Fallout be updated to V2 in server package in 1.0?

Any possible new gamemodes coming in the package?

Please answer ! :)

-Madalin2009

In 1.0 you may upgrade your scripts with the 'upgrade' function which updates depreciated functions automatically for you.

And yes hay is updated for 1.0, it can be found on the Multi Theft Auto's resources on GoogleCode here.

1. YAY! Upgrade function? That is cool!

2. Hay is updated? Sorry but I cant download it now - i am on a computer with REALLY slow internet. Can you tell me what is new in it? Please! :)

IMO, 1.0's release is a near-perfect excuse to go through your scripts, reorganizing and rewriting them where needed.

That's what I did with my server script, and it turned out to be a good idea, (if you have the time, of course,) since a lot of my script just grew out where it fit at the time, and got pretty cluttered over time.

Besides, the upgrade command seems a bit unreliable, although maybe it's only that my luck with it sucks. ;)

Another thing to remember regarding upgrading your scripts - like any release 1.0 opens up a whole host of new possibilities. So while you can just say "upgrade" and it will convert functions to their 1.0 counterparts, as robhol says it is definitely worth, not only rewriting the scripts, but also rethinking the design behind the script. You may be very surprised as to what you can now achieve.