Can't set admins

I downloaded the nightly build to test the race mod. I can get my private server running but setting myself as an admin is proofing to be a challenge. :(

accounts.xml looks like this

<accounts> 
    <autologin>0</autologin> 
    <account name="Console" password="" /> 
    <account name="[sKC]Whiskey" password="************" /> 
</accounts> 

I've edited acl.xml to look like this

<group name="Admin"> 
      <acl name="Moderator"/> 
      <acl name="SuperModerator"/> 
      <acl name="Admin"/> 
      <acl name="RPC"/> 
      <object name="resource.admin"/> 
      <object name="resource.webadmin"/> 
      <object name="user.[sKC]Whiskey"/> 
   </group> 

When i try to login by doing /login [sKC]Whiskey ************* i get an error saying "Bad login".

What am i missing??

Could you please explaing that a bit more?

How and where do i register? How and where do i set myself as an admin after i registered?

I've never installed a DM or 1.0 server...

You've probably just edited accounts.xml with your password, however that was possible in DP2 but no longer in 1.0 since the password's are hashed, go in-game and type /register [Nickname] [Password].

1. Remove your current account. (MAKE SURE YOUR SERVER IS OFF (People always seem to forget this...))

2. Start your server.

3. Start MTA.

4. Join your server.

5. Wait for the loading to be done.

6. Wait for the downloading to be done.

7. Wait until you're ready to do something difficult! :o

8. Open up the chatbox and type: '/register PASSWORDHERE'

9. Wait until you get a confirmation.

10. Congratulations! You now have successfully made an admin!

10 difficult steps to do the same thing, but how it should work. :)

Right, thats working now.

Is there no admin panel in 1.0? Pressing "p" doesnt bring it up.

Are you sure you have the latest Admin resource?

If you would like to get the latest resources you must download an SVN client from HERE

Then after installing right click on your desktop and you should see 'SVN checkout', click on that and then enter this link http://multitheftauto-resources.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/.

Now, to save you from reporting another problem that;s going to pop up I shall tell you what to do, once you manage to get the latest resources, after pressing P the Administrator panel shall come up but you wont be able to click on anything, so open that file of the Administrator resource and click on 'conf', you shall see a acl.xml, now open it and migrate all those functions to your main acl.xml and you should be done.

Edited by Guest
Right, thats working now.

Is there no admin panel in 1.0? Pressing "p" doesnt bring it up.

Are you sure you have the latest Admin resource?

If you would like to get the latest resources you must download an SVN client from HERE

Then after installing right click on your desktop and you should see 'SVN checkout', click on that and then enter this link http://multitheftauto-resources.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/.

Now, to save you from re-porting another problem that;s going to pop up I shall tell you what to do, once you manage to get the latest resources, after pressing P the Administrator panel shall come up but you wont be able to click on anything, so open that file of the Administrator resource and click on 'conf', you shall see a acl.xml, now open it and migrate all those functions to your main acl.xml and you should be done.

For the last part, you can also just open the admin\conf\settings.xml and remove this:

<installed>true</installed> 

I'd say it's one badass timesaver.

If admin doesn't work out for you, you can always use the "addaccount" command in the server console (not the ingame console).

addaccount name password

You may need to close the server before the new account is saved to accounts.xml.