Sign in to follow this  
cokacola

[nightly build] install error

okay, i downloaded the nightly build, the data exe file and the resources from google code.

I can install the nightly build exe, and extract the resources but the required data file wont install.

it says its a 7z-zip extractor

but 7z-zip says it cannot open it as an archive when i press the extract button. any help is welcome :)

Also, i downloaded it twice, and tried on 2 PC's, it just says it cant open it as an archive.

filename: "multitheftauto_data-r188.exe"

Error #0, message: "Can not open file 'C:\multitheftauto_data-r188.exe' as archive"

P.s, i did try it in other folders an xtracting it elsewhere...allways same message, thanks.

Just to make sure: .exe is an executable file type, please tell me you aren't trying to open it up in a program? Running the .exe is enough. When it asks for a destination directory, give it the location of your GTA San Andreas folder.

ahh I am opening it as an exe file... double click, and select the directory. It just gives the error.

That's pretty odd. Using Vista? Try running as administrator. If you're using XP, I'm assuming the archive is corrupt... try downloading again. Preferably from another internet connection.

Sign in to follow this