MTA-SA not support Language Thailand ??

hazerisk

Question

13 answers to this question

Hard to tell, since none of us are prophets or own a time machine.

It's on the "to-do" list, though with low priority. So, it might be a while.

In my opinion it should be done for 1.0.

In my opinion it's not any priority and might not be ever done at all

It might not look so important to us since we actually can speak English but to others it can be a pain without the Unicode.

they'd have trouble with every other area of the game however - the forums and irc is in english. The wiki would need translating and english is the common language of most people who play MTA, and is definitely the common language of the devs.

Changing MTA to use unicode is not a "small tweak". Changes would have to made throughout all of the source code, and if you miss even one location, text will appear mangled in places, or worse, a crash will happen. It would be quite a task indeed.

SA-MP has it easier here - they have much less features and thus less source code to take care of.

SA-MP has it easier here - they have much less features and thus less source code to take care of.

I see your point, but there's one question: If more code would make it harder, wouldn't it be better to start off sooner? (if it might come in) Since with every update there might be yet another piece to be updated, making the job harder and harder. Or well, so it seems to me.

There is already so much code that now it really doesn't make much difference anymore :P. Personally I would be against starting a unicode conversion before 1.0 is released, in order to prevent breaking stuff and delaying the release even further. Which I'm sure you wouldn't want :)