DuplicateMessages?

jkub

Im trying to do a simple outputChatBox function for a a server part of a script. If the player does not have enough money it outputs the else message twice? and if he does have enough money it will output the purchased message once and right after it will output the else message also? never happend before?

server side scriptVVV

--Adjust Vehicle Prices BelowVVV-- 
bansheePrice = 20000 
bulletPrice = 150000 
CheetahPrice = 65000 
cometPrice = 45000 
elegyPrice = 25000 
flashPrice = 25000 
infernusPrice = 75000 
jesterPrice = 35000 
stratumPrice = 18000 
sultanPrice = 32000 
supergtPrice = 30000 
turismoPrice = 80000 
uranusPrice = 42000 
windsorPrice = 38000 
zr350Price = 50000 
--Adjust Vehicle Prices Above^^^-- 

root = getRootElement() 
addEvent ( "clientRequestsBanshee", true ) 
addEvent ( "clientRequestsBullet", true ) 
addEvent ( "clientRequestsCheetah", true ) 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
shopMarker = createMarker ( -1954.3323, 295.0461, 35.4687, "cylinder", 1, 255, 0, 0, 125, root ) 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

function playerEntersShop ( marker ) 
    if marker == shopMarker then 
        triggerClientEvent( source, "clientRequestsOpenShopGui", root ) 
    else 
    end 
end 
addEventHandler ( "onPlayerMarkerHit", getRootElement(), playerEntersShop ) 
addEventHandler ( "clientRequestsBanshee", root, 
    function ( ) 
        local money = getPlayerMoney ( client ) 
        local x, y, z = getElementPosition ( client ) 
            if money >= bansheePrice then 
                takePlayerMoney ( client, bansheePrice ) 
                createVehicle ( 429, x, y+5, z+1 ) 
                outputChatBox ( "You have Purchased a Banshee", client, 100, 255, 0 ) 
            else 
                outputChatBox ( "You need more money for a Banshee>Cost$20000", client, 255, 255, 100 ) 
            end 
    end 
) 

Seems like you trigger event twice. It's not possible that "if - else" statement executes twice by itself. If it was C or C++ and you had "goto" then yes, but it's Lua. This piece of code looks OK to me or you've given us not the info you was meant to.

I guess that he triggers the server side events on gui click and doesn't check for button state, so it triggers for both up and down. You need to give information about your triggering system too..

And btw, you don't need to add separate events for each vehicle, just add one event and pass the vehicle name as a string or something.

jkub, if you use my GUI Classes, don't use :AddOnClick() twice with the same function because it will be triggered twice. Like:

button:AddOnClick( A_Function ); 
button:AddOnClick( A_Function ); 

function A_Function() 
    triggerServerEvent( "clientRequestBanshee", ...... ); 
end 

I don't check if the function you're trying to add is already added. That's why it may call it twice.

I don't check if the function you're trying to add is already added. That's why it may call it twice.

You also don't check the button state (checked the source at GUISharedFuncs:AddOnClick and Button:Create).. I really think that he just triggering it for both mouse states up and down. But still, without his client side code I cannot tell.

You also don't check the button state (checked the source at GUISharedFuncs:AddOnClick and Button:Create).. I really think that he just triggering it for both mouse states up and down. But still, without his client side code I cannot tell.

http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... ntGUIClick

Please note currently only the up state is supported.

Enough said.

In that case wiki lies perhaps.. because unless I add a check for state == "down" then it always triggers twice.. And I'm using "down" state not "up".. So I have no idea why wiki would say so

edit: Can't test atm, but I'm not sure anymore was it the case with onClientClick or onClientGUIClick (have been using both lately :P).. But I remember something triggering twice :P

It was the case with onClientClick, which triggers twice as it should.

Then wiki tells what's gonna be in 1.0 because I tested my classes with nightlies and it was always triggered once. This was also a reason I had to script a workaround for Dragable() method, you couldn't just click and drag because onClientGUIClick wasn't triggered for "down" state. I'd need more info to "fix what's fixed".