3D Voice Chat Implantation

I have always wanted this in MTA and infact as you said is very good for RP'ing however there once was a voice implementation in MTA but didn't go very well. I can't confirm if the dev's shall try again someday but AFAIK they don't want to.

Edited by Guest

I seem to remember the same thing being taken up before - while the 3D would be interesting it would still only be useful for people who are actually interested in voicechatting, and 98% of them would already be using a voicechat program like teamspeak, ventrilo, you name it.

There are also tons of bugs to fix and quite a few more important features to add before even considering something like this, IMO.

Apart from the 3D part, this is the exact same thing. Since it was pretty much discussed to death there, I don't see the point in taking it up again.

Larger player count is better.

Roleplayers wouldn't use it over vent, simply because roleplayers don't use voice-based local chat, they use voice chat for faction chat such as say LSPD radio.

Exactly let's give an example, let's say your in the LSPD radio as you said, by the time you try to report a speeding vehicle that just past by you and by the time you type it all in, he'll be way gone :roll:

Roleplayers wouldn't use it over vent, simply because roleplayers don't use voice-based local chat, they use voice chat for faction chat such as say LSPD radio.

Exactly let's give an example, let's say your in the LSPD radio as you said, by the time you try to report a speeding vehicle that just past by you and by the time you type it all in, he'll be way gone :roll:

I guess you didn't see that...

And still, it isn't a reason to do this over MTA. Fenix already mentioned Vent (short for Ventrillo) which is a VOIP application. You can just force all cops for instance to have that, and then you can just talk over a Police channel. Voila.

I guess the biggest advantage with a VoIP solution implemented to MTA:SA would be the possibility to limit the voice-chat depending on the player positions.

For example, the local chat feature of roleplaying servers could be used in voice too if the voice-chat radius could be set. With some 3rd party VoIP solution this is not possible, since I doubt there is any way for any external VOiP software to receive player data from the game server and limit the voice-chat based on that.

TeamSpeak 3, which is on its way, will have some support for 3rd party plugins but I don't know if even this can be used to retrieve player location data from game and limit the voice-chat radius that way.