1.0 Progress Update

darkdreamingdan

This is a general update intended to illustrate some of the changes that have been made over the past weeks in the form of video (Please go to the youtube page for higher and lower qualities):

The video is basically crammed with various new introductions in 1.0, but also bear in mind there are tweaks just about everywhere when it comes to 1.0. In terms of this video, I decided to do a quick breakdown of what it's actually showing:

First off, the video is introduced with a dance resource. This is actually showing off custom sound support , whereby scripters can import their own sounds into script. In this case, the script was made to have a dance definition based upon the very song used in the video. It also shows off a new dxDrawImage scripting function. Unlike guiCreateStaticImage, users can rotate and tint the images - as shown by the green/red tints and the rotating arrow. Quite clearly we are also shown Ped animations and dx text , though this is nothing new to those who have been following us closely.

This is followed by features of a very recently introduced setWorldSpecialPropertyEnabled scripting function. This basically amounts to some exclusive single player cheats that can't be reproduced by scripts - in this case, Flying "aircars" cars, and amphibious "hovercars" cars.

We are then shown the first public clips from the upcoming Map Editor, including its design and basic usage. I'll leave you to work out the specifics!

Afterwards we are quickly shown a use for dxDrawLine3D scripting function. It might be hard to see on Youtube, but look closely - the M4 has lasersight emitting from the end, as a mechanism for balancing in the gamemode Stealth, for both the M4 and sniper rifle. Helps your aiming? Perhaps. Gives away your location? Definitely.

We are then shown Gamepad support which has at long last been added to MTA by ccw, and a concept resource which shows Joypad scripting interface usage. Speaking of late additions, we're then shown a clip of Parachutes support. This is completely scripted, and the server owner will be able to customise this to a much greater extent than if it were built into the game (we've actually had someone try to build an ejector seat for vehicles based upon this).

We're then shown something else which was very recently added - water levels. Not just water levels, but water creation . Using the new setWaterLevel and createWater functions, users are able to raise or even create new sections of water within the SA world. This allows you to drastically change the landscape like in the video, or just fill up your custom swimming pool.

Afterwards we're shown the AMX plugin/resource for MTA . This allows you to run your favourite .amx gamemodes within MTA without making any modifications to the gamemode itself.

Towards the end we're shown a car driving to a garage, and opening the garage door operated by a remote control. This utilises the new setGarageOpen function that has been introduced. Eagle-eyed viewers will have noticed the Peds walking across the pavements and the beach. This is just a sample of what is achievable using peds in MTA - these peds are coded to walk around everywhere in the city (accompanied by driving traffic if enabled).

Lastly, we're presented with more footage from stealth, this time taking place in the custom map Aztec. This map is completely custom, and modelled by ParoXum (and has been featured on the frontpage once before). Not a new feature as such, rather it ends the video by showing what can be achieved with MTASA.

Due to popular demand, we are also looking into renaming MTASA:DM 1.0 into simply MTASA 1.0 - in other words, removing Deathmatch from the title . This is entirely appropriate, given that Deathmatch implies a much limited scope of what is truly possible in this mod. Depending on time and how much is required to officially remove the name, we'd like to think the namechange will happen by 1.0.

Please be aware that the purpose of the video was more to keep the public aware of what's happening by interpreting the changelog, rather than for a 6minutes of your life you'll never forget. This means it wasn't given the special attention of gathering masses of footage and compiling a mind-blowing video (a la xmas 2007). Essentially doing this saved us some time so we can focus on the mod, which looking at the roadmap is currently at 71%.

So all in all, things are coming along nicely and we hope to report back to you soon.

heh, with the way development is going, it looks like this is going to be just like gary's mod, except with better scripting. and with gta4's multiplayer not cutting it, mta actually might have found the cure to late night boredom. lol.

(oh, and on a side note, why does it say new user on the forums for me when it also says joined in 2005, i mean, i know i don't post very much so i cannot be considered a regular, but i am not a noob to these forums. c'mon, give up some recongization people!!)

(oh, and on a side note, why does it say new user on the forums for me when it also says joined in 2005, i mean, i know i don't post very much so i cannot be considered a regular, but i am not a noob to these forums. c'mon, give up some recongization people!!)

The status depends on your post count, you will be regular after 100 posts.[/offtopic]

• 2 weeks later...

Great update, the map editor looks so awesome :o

A suggestion to the team would be to update your ModDB page adding this video to show the progress, and maybe renaming it to MTASA 1.0 as to not confuse newcomers or people who are just checking out the mod at the site. Keep it up, can't wait to play 1.0!

Great update, the map editor looks so awesome :o

A suggestion to the team would be to update your ModDB page adding this video to show the progress, and maybe renaming it to MTASA 1.0 as to not confuse newcomers or people who are just checking out the mod at the site. Keep it up, can't wait to play 1.0!

If you read the progress update properly the name 'Death Match' is removed.

• 2 months later...