MTA:VC PROBLEM FIX

ijsf

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else than me got the game crashing out at the characher screen? everything works perfectly until i get to chose my character, theres a motor sound and then nothing works, i press ctrl alt del and the screen comes out but i cant move the mouse...

Windows 2000

GeForceFX5200

Cracked GTA VC (im sure it cant be the bug, my friend got the same game cracked than me ... and his game is working :-s ... or I really dont see what would work on his version and not mine?)

Vice City 1.0

:cry: thx you :cry:

To solve the problem just duplicate the american.gxt language file coming with MTA and rename the copy to the language you had installed: e.g. german.gxt or frensh.gxt.

Now this is not a complaint, this MTA is so much fun!

But, usually after I die 2 or 3 times, gta-vc.exe crashes and I get the option to send report to rockstar or not. When this happens it takes about 2 minutes for my WinXP to close gta-vc.exe and go back to desktop with ASE and MTA still open and connected fine.

I thought I read in a post around here that it was because WinXP or GTA was making the error log. If this is true, is there a way to stop the making of the error log so I can just restart gta-vc.exe again and not have to wait 2 minutes for XP to make this log?

Sorry if this is confusing.

Thanks for any help.

When im playin around 12 minutes a hear a sound and it goes to windows and in the connection manager appears:

Disconected: Delay 10 secs

What´s happening???

Thank you! :wink:

I don't know if MTA:VC works worse with routers or something, but whenever I play MTA:VC it works for about 2 minutes and then my router turns off. I play plenty of online games (Enemy Territory, SW:G), and this never happens when I play them. The first time I played MTA:VC it worked perfect, but the next day these problems started. Do you know how to keep it from turning off my router*?

*By turning off my router, I mean that it randomly loses connection.

My router just totally loses connection, meaning, yes, I do get totally disconnected from the internet. All I have to do is reenable it, but it's very annoying to be in a game and disconnect every 10 minutes

You mean, you get completely disconnected from the internet, or just MTA?

Just MTA. But i can start another play for 12 mins. Because appears Disconected: Delay 10 secs

Please help me!!

My router just totally loses connection, meaning, yes, I do get totally disconnected from the internet. All I have to do is reenable it, but it's very annoying to be in a game and disconnect every 10 minutes

Is it a Speedstream router?

EagleEye: the problem is that your C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\config.cfg is empty. MTA:VC seems to delete it for some reason :|

Try re-installing MTA, that should replace the file. Or edit the file (with notepad) to say:

bind F11 showscores

bind F10 showplayers

bind t say

bind F9 showchat

bind F12 screenshot

when i join a MTA game, it starts to load, but when it gets to like 99% of the bar, it beeps, and then freezes with half a line of chat at the top

what can i do to help this???

I had the same problem but then someone in this forum told me to change the version number in the MTA server Chat box that comes up (above where you press start to start Vice City) there is a drop down menu. You have to make sure to check the version of Vice City you are running, for me it is 1.0. Others are running 1.1.

Hope this helps ;)

It says "A problem occured while trying to connect." when i pressed the connect button.

-

I couldnt connect to any servers...

Well i typed it correctly..

The server isnt down cuz i told a friend to try n join n he could..

And im sure i downloaded the correct patch..

-

Any idea how to fix this? :cry:

Just reinstall your game and it will be fixed,oh wait, you dont have the cd?

You borowed it to a friend?GET IT BACK!.

Oh you illegaly downloaded it? BUY THE GAME!!

Oh lost the cd or it is broken?BUY A NEW ONE,(and remember to make back up next time and take care of your cd's)

I just reinstalled GTA:VC and everything goes fine, I use ASE, then when that window pops up I can talk and stuff,but I can never click the Start Game button, when I do so it says that some of my files were edited, or something like that, and that I should reinstall GTA:VC or MTA, but as I said its a clean install... nothing was changed. Any help??

my problem:when im riding with some1 car or bike if i tryies to jump of in speed the game crashes so i have to reboot.. does this happens to me only or is somebody else having the same problem? :roll: