MTA:VC PROBLEM FIX

ijsf

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I use ASE, I refresh list o servers, find server and connect. Everything is fine. I can see the chat before I connect. I click Start Game, choose my character, and the game starts BUT I CAN'T SEE PLAYERS! I'm alone on the map!

I tried on about 10 servers with 20+ players. Also the ingame chat freezes.

Please help me.

I use windows xp pro

P1: i tried installing the MTAInstall-0.2.2.exe on a computer without installing vice city (to use as server, yes i have the server files now) but when it could not find vice city, it would not allow me to exit

A1: ctrl-alt-del its ass ;)

yes i know its not important, & i know i shouldnt have installed it without vice city, but it still doesnt cancel...

• 3 weeks later...

ok ive been going crazy about this game cause im so wanting to play mta:vc. ive got xp operating system, 256 ram, 18.6 gig and a geforce 2 graphics card. 56.k normal internal modem now hers the problemo

absoloutly every thing works nice all seeing eye ect... BUT wen i go to "start game" in 1.1 and go to new game in mtavc menu it loads and just b4 the bar is finished loading it comes up with exeption error and then it shuts down vice... when i do all this is 1.0 version i enter the game 100% fine but i am totally alone even if the game says it has 2 or even 10 ppl in it can u fix either of these for me?? :shock:

Hi, im on broadband, Athlon 2400+ XP Pro 256 DDR RAM and a 128 Mb FX 5200 graphics card... my problems is every server i go into i cant hurt people by shooting them, i can run em over fine, but when i shoot people on their screen they say im missing them but i'll be stodd right infront of them blasting them to peices... im up to date with windows update, ive recently even formatted my pc and reinstalled VC.... i dont have a clue what the problem is but if anyone could help i'd be grateful :cry:

is that u gimpAKA damo was ur name gimp in a sever i killed u like a million times because i have a special tactic of killing ppl last night i went in 7 severs and spent 4 hours online and died 3 times so hopfully its notna problem with ur game its just my cxool tactic

Hi, im on broadband, Athlon 2400+ XP Pro 256 DDR RAM and a 128 Mb FX 5200 graphics card... my problems is every server i go into i cant hurt people by shooting them, i can run em over fine, but when i shoot people on their screen they say im missing them but i'll be stodd right infront of them blasting them to peices... im up to date with windows update, ive recently even formatted my pc and reinstalled VC.... i dont have a clue what the problem is but if anyone could help i'd be grateful :cry:

Most likely sync but this is just a shot in the dark. Do use the vicecity auto aim. It's the right mouse buttion with the default classics setup?

Hey all,

I have mta and a good ping (around 60), but when I join a game, my ping shoots up to like 150 for no reason. I s there a reson this is happening? I've noticed that sometimes it does'nt do it, but recently it has been doing it a lot. Please help me. Thanks.

-jeremyg :cry:

Jeremy,

It might not mean that your ping is really 150 the reporting of the ping isn't always correct. If you ping does go up there your lucky. I would call that perfect ping. I hover anywhere from 30 to 70 and because MTA is a client side game someone with a higher ping doesn't die as fast as I do. Someone with a 400 has a hard time killing and is hard to kill. I can kill well enough if I lead them enough but I die super fast. You will have a nice mix of durablilty and killability. enjoy!

:cry: Yeah :cry: , I have the same problem. Everything goes fine just until after i choose my character, when im in the game I see everyone on the radar, but no1 moves, and I cants see anyone even when Im right beside them, and after about 30-45 seconds of being in the game it crashes. Ive reinstalled both GTA:VC and MTA:VC. Also Ive Tried over 10 different servers. Nothing seems to work :!:

The past MTA's have Always worked for me. So I have no idea why it doesn't work now. :(

:arrow: Im running Windows XP, I have over a gig of ram so thats not a problem, my processor is over 2.4 gigs,,, but i have shitty 56k internet,,, please try and help me, thanks.

It seems the radar problem is being caused by players not getting their characters teleported off the spawning building properly even though it looks like it works properly and you can drive around. Maybe something messed up there?

I am running Win98 SE and MTA .3. Now that I have .3, I havent been able to connect. I click on a server,who supports .3, and nothing happens. The Client (chat window) doesnt appear. .22 never did this. Someone Please Help.

I still cant see anyone when i join a game, and i get kicked(crashes) after about 45 seconds. The ingame chat works, but freezes. I Dont Know What To Do. Please HELP. Thanks.

I have a problem. On MTA 0.3, I can play just fine, but two things are wrong. One is that some people don't show up on my radar(only like 1 or 2 people have not shown up, the rest work perfectly). Is this the radar problem I heard about?

Secondly, every few minutes, I'll get disconnected from the server with a message about a CRC Client Check. I was told by a few people that that's what happens when you sit idle in the client.... But it happens to me in game! :evil:

Can someone help me?

Secondly, every few minutes, I'll get disconnected from the server with a message about a CRC Client Check. I was told by a few people that that's what happens when you sit idle in the client.... But it happens to me in game! :evil:

Yeah I have the same damn radar problem and I get the same damn pop-up message, heres a screenshot of it,

mtaclient.jpg

Well, Hope this helps somehow. I think that the client is simply not updating the game with the info or w/e. And since its not updating the game with the info, it must think that you havnt started the game, so it times out with that stupid message...