MTA:VC PROBLEM FIX

ijsf

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there all!

After a new clean installation of VC and MTA:VC 0.2 i tried several, in the board mentioned, configurations under Win XP.

After starting a new game I'm able to walk, run and drive arround Vice City as long as I'm using the cursor keys. If i try to use the space bar or the AWSD keys VC crashes and a error message apears in background. I'm not able to read the message, because there is no possibilty to switch the task with Alt+TAB or something else, but i guess its an exception 0X... ;) After the crash and a second space bar hit, VC quits back to Windows. :(

Someone encountered the same problem? Any ideas?

hi everyone..

im sorry if this has been posted..

I have a Linksys router, and MTA: VC 2.0. I port-forwarded so its 2003, but whenever i click Connect on the MTA screen, it says "Invalid Host or Server Port Address" :x

can someone help? i would love to play online lol....

laffin:

im running an unmodded retail version 1.0 of VC on XP and getting this msg:

"Fatal Error!

Failure detecting version of Vice City. Aborting..."

what can i do? plz help.

me:

are you using a crack, or the blood patch? (some people consider these not to be mods) Are you running the australian version?

Try deleting C:\WINDOW\mta.ini, it may work.

laffin:

yeah im running australian version, definately not using a crack or any other mods. iv deleted mta.ini file and reloaded mta but it still gives me same msg:

"Fatal Error!

Failure detecting version of Vice City. Aborting..."

can ne1 help?

Anyone else got the problem in .02 where you try to get to a diff island from the one you spawn at, and at the little quickload screen it freezes? It does that to me and i haveto restart my pc, other than that .02 a ton of ownage. :?

yup. it happend to me in 0.1 too. u dont need to reboot though.

im running the retail version of vice city 1.0 on xp, after i install mta vc 0.2 and i try to open the mtaclient, nothing happense, my mouse turns to an hour glass and back' to the pointer... little help? :?

i got the "Some or all of your gamefiles are modified blablabla" messaeg, i reinstalled vc and mta, but i still get the message (i use a crack, because my original play cd is messed up)

EDIT: after reinstalling 3 times, it works fine :D

Edited by Guest

hmm it seams that noone really cares about our problems in this topic, because the programmers already know many of them and have much to do.

I think our only hope is, that we wait for the next version. Perhaps the problem with win 2000 and the problem with the australian version is fixed. Thouse two would let many more people play the game.

But also "waiting" is not that, what I want to do, as I see all the cool screenshots :D

It would be nice if in the manual a few more problem fixes will be added

sorry for my bad english

I have a cracked GTA:VC v1.0 and when I trie to start the game from MTAVC client v0.2 i can't skip the gtavc logos and after that the game crashes to a black screen. The MTAVC v0.1 worked. :cry:PLEASE HELP! P.S. I'm using WinXP Professional

Anyone else got the problem in .02 where you try to get to a diff island from the one you spawn at, and at the little quickload screen it freezes? It does that to me and i haveto restart my pc, other than that .02 a ton of ownage. :?

yup. it happend to me in 0.1 too. u dont need to reboot though.

I've this problem sometimes in mta 0.2:

One time i was not the driver and it crashed! i`ve heard a dong! So when i press space now the game shuts down and i can restart it!

Postet before?!:

(When someone choose one of the start six persons, ingame i can't see him as this! He has got an totally other skin!(SOmetimes cops are robers) Also i see only yellow points at persons and grey(something like that ;-):oops: ) as a robber!)

I hope enemys will have arrows over theyr head in further releases! ;-):D

During a match online, the game screwed up and sent me to the save game screen where I accidently saved the game... well attempeted to, which caused the game to crash. I restarted but now the game keeps crashing before the start new game screen.

I have exactly the same problem anyone know how to fix?

First of all MTA:VC 0.1 Ruled, it worked perfectly on my computer no problems there. But then MTA:VC 0.2 was released then it all just went down hill.

I'm running Win2k fully upgraded

My Vice City version is 1.1 i'm using a crack, so i don't have to listen to my cd-rom drive all the time.

Problem.: The problem is that the game just won't start, i'm connected to the server, all i have to do now i press the start GTA button. So i press the button and nothing happens???

After installing MTA:VC 0.2 i can't even play single player no more. And i've tried top uninstall and install both MTA:VC and GTA:VC

i already posted this, but it wasnt read i guess

I have a Linksys router, and MTA: VC 2.0. I port-forwarded so its 2003, but whenever i click Connect on the MTA screen, it says "Invalid Host or Server Port Address" :cry:

No, i dont have a cracked VC

can someone help? i would love to play online lol....

hello, thanks for making a great mod for VC. i have a question for those who know and a couple possible solutions for those who dont.

Q:can the locations of moved vehicles be stored on the server instead of the client? i notice that when i bring a 4-5 vehicles to any 1 general area the game crashes. (i like to steal cop cars and make fun of the police :) ). when i restart the vehcles are returned. i assume this puts additional risk of errors.

S1: i used xp when gta first came out and i needed to instal some runtime components to get the text to work. this may help with those that have issues running gta at all.

S2: turn down the draw distance in game. i have found fewer crashes with lower draw distance. of course i still get crashes but fewer of them.

S3: blow up cars that you've moved and dont use. maybe its voodoo but it seems to make a difference.

S4: use 16 bit depth instead of 32 bit. it all seems to help.

system specs:

athlon xp2000+

asus a7n8x mother board

geforce 4 440 64meg ddr

1 gig ddr

everything is syncronized @266mhz.

windows 2000 pro.

hope it helps.

S2: turn down the draw distance in game. i have found fewer crashes with lower draw distance. of course i still get crashes but fewer of them.

can anyone confirm this??? seems to be the same to me... of course if u dont have the cpu power and gpu power to handle the extra draw distance i can understand the crashing more.... and i wont comment on ur system specs because i dont like to start wars with fanboys... (that got old after a certain graphics company decided to release a very bad card, and the fanboys still insist on you should buy it over a certain competitors WAY better solution) of course they are always good for a laugh :P

:!::!::!: how can i get mta to work with aussie VC i realy wanna play online yea plz help :!::!::!:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.wizard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELL DONE TO THE MTA TEAM!!!!!!!!!

PLZ FIX AUSSIE BUG IN 3.0 OR WHATEVER