ijsf

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there all,

I'm a newbie 8)

Anyway, I'm having the following problem:

I have a server, and one other computer connected to it via LAN.

Two others also have LAN, and want to join my server via Internet... but they get "already connected" errors..

Is there any way to let two computers connect to one internet server?

Thank you.

- Ernest

*MODS DELETE THIS IF YOU FEEL IT IS INNAPROPRIATE* ->

Also I hate to bring this up.. but I like most peopl can't STAND having to mess around with CD's... Including game CD's so I patch Vice City normally to avoid having to bother.. However, with most of the patches MTA stops working and "Unhandled Excep..etc". The no-cd patches are completely legal and so I was wondering if you knew of any which worked with MTA?

<- *MODS DELETE THIS IF YOU FEEL IT IS INNAPROPRIATE*

I am not sure if anyone has fully addressed this, however I use an app called Game Drive by Farstone availible @ http://www.farstone.com/home/en/index.shtml

I use it to run all game cd's as well I have been running GTAVC and GTA3 using just the MTA mods and have had no issues.

Does anyone else get that problem where your in any vehicle and then suddenly it gets hijacked even though no one is near you ?? :(

Yeah I have, even in choppers way up in the air! Whats up with that? :?:

My problem:

I have winpx pro.(without sp1). I set the game and the client to win98/me compatibility mode (when i set xp/2k/nt mode the client exit without any error msg). So its running, i see other players moving, shoting... but other players can't see me! First i think, my isdn a little slow (yes its slow:P), but my friend tryed it an adsl connenct, and she have a same problem as me.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english

How can you set the game to a compatibility mode?

Whenever I press "start game" my whole system reboots, version 0.1 worked fine, as far as I know I have a clean install (or do playerskins also mess up the game?) and I'm running windows2000(+sp4)

edit: and yes, im connected to a server

are you using a crack, or the blood patch? (some people consider these not to be mods) Are you running the australian version?

Try deleting C:\WINDOW\mta.ini, it may work.

yeah im running australian version, definately not using a crack or any other mods. iv deleted mta.ini file and reloaded mta but it still gives me same msg:

"Fatal Error!

Failure detecting version of Vice City. Aborting..."

:cry:

I've got a problem:

I downloaded MTA:VC 0.2 and installed it. Then I connected to a server, started the game. When i chose the 'Start Multi Theft Auto' then it loaded exactly half and then gives me an error.

I have a clean install of GTA:VC.

What should i do?