MTA:VC PROBLEM FIX

ijsf

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When im joining a game i always get "Disconnected: Connection timed out."

It might be because i play with a 56k modem.

But, could you raise the timeout time.

So i maybe can join.

I dont think it is the server,

because i tried many servers.

Same problem, in the last week I have never seen this, it worked fine. Now I cannot connect to a server. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still no luck.

No firewall or router.

Anyone fixed this one? Was working fine they just one day it died.

P(Don't know num :) )The ingame chat is hard to handle, after i press T most of the keys don't get 'picked up' for example if i wanna write Hello i need to press on the keyboard HHHHHHHHHHHeeeeeeeeeeelllllllooooo

and the screen displays something like HHelllloo

sometimes the T key himself don't get picked up

note 1: This happend on each and every server!!!

note 2: I did tried to uninstall EVERYTHING and reinstall, I get the same problem...

note 3: I Also have 98SE(In addition to WINXP PRO no SP) on the same comp, and using the same MTA+VC this problem does not uccer...

A: none yet, hope u can help me...

Any solution for this one??? if it's a non fixable bug please make sure gyes that it will be solved in the next version\patch (Won't mind beta-testing :lol::lol::lol: )

Yeah, sorry about that - I sorta flipped out. Just so the admins and whoever else knows, I have complete respect for this mod and game itself. Keep up the great work guys. Now, to answer some questions *greedily intertwines his fingers*

P(Don't know num )The ingame chat is hard to handle, after i press T most of the keys don't get 'picked up' for example if i wanna write Hello i need to press on the keyboard HHHHHHHHHHHeeeeeeeeeeelllllllooooo

and the screen displays something like HHelllloo

sometimes the T key himself don't get picked up

note 1: This happend on each and every server!!!

note 2: I did tried to uninstall EVERYTHING and reinstall, I get the same problem...

note 3: I Also have 98SE(In addition to WINXP PRO no SP) on the same comp, and using the same MTA+VC this problem does not uccer...

A: none yet, hope u can help me...

Any solution for this one??? if it's a non fixable bug please make sure gyes that it will be solved in the next version\patch (Won't mind beta-testing )

I believe on the frontpage, one of the recent news posts was of some of the upcoming features. Included in these was a chatbox, so t at should fix most of the problems with the text being visible and what not.

I believe on the frontpage, one of the recent news posts was of some of the upcoming features. Included in these was a chatbox, so t at should fix most of the problems with the text being visible and what not.

well h new chatbox won't do any good if the keys are picked up by the console in the same way!... :(

I just wanted an attation of one of the devs that he will say that he will check it out or that the key-reading is made in a diffrent way or somtheing in the next relase that will, hopefully, solv this annoying problam :cry:

well h new chatbox won't do any good if the keys are picked up by the console in the same way!...

I just wanted an attation of one of the devs that he will say that he will check it out or that the key-reading is made in a diffrent way or somtheing in the next relase that will, hopefully, solv this annoying problam

I suppose they could try making a customizable bind. Maybe not in-game, but a file that you could edit or something like that. Maybe an external configurattor. :?

I have a problem. i could join mta server and then i start vice city and new game and then after 5 or less seconds i get disconnected

im using windows 98 SE

Problem: MTA VC hangs when you go into the pizzeria for quick help

Answer: you have to copy the language you use to the MTA folder

if you have already done this you have to select English as language and the problem will not appear again.

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8):D8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

Hi guys, my first post here... (phew that's outta da way)

First things first, excellent job on this mod.. Brings new depth to the game.. It's a pity Rockstar didn't incorporate it into the game themselves, like they did in the original GTA..

(I'm running MTA-VC 0.1 and GTA-VC 1.1)

Problem : I read a post where someone mentions that when you're shooting someone and their weapons pop up that they are dead.. Well I played a game tonight and that happened, but they popped up again and shot me.. Possibly a cheater or a bug ?

Problem : Sometimes your driving or walking and you 'fall off the map' or end up 'under the road'.. Is that due to MTA-VC or a faulty/modded map?

That's it for now, most of the other bugs have been reported and I'm sure you guys have enough on your plate :)

Joe

What u said is are bugs.

Can anyone help me?

I have the cop skin.

I was playing the whole day fine,but sundentally they stopped seing me,so I disconected and reconected and choose new game,but they still don't see me,I'm getting the cop skin.

I'm getting the invisible player thing that is used to 'ban' cheaters,but I'm not cheating,I'm using a fresh install of the game.

Can u help?

well since my international downloads must be over, ive decided to start using my own server. turns out i have cable, a p4, and a reasonable video card, but i think thats besides the point. what happened was that i was in my game but i saw the same blip on my map, weirdly, i asked my joiner where he was, so i went there and saw his player, he appeared to be falling waving his arms, but the player wasnt moving, i tried to punch him but the player said he felt nothing nor anybody come near him. So can we run the server and client at the same time?

Every time my friend plays this online he is the SWAT man skin. And every single time i can never see him. or anyone else for that matter. and he cannot kill me i cannot kill him and this has happened every single time to him. He is always the SWAT officer and is invisible. Is there any way to fix this??

I don't know how.

JUST KNOW THIS IS A BUG,SOME TIME AGO I GOT TIMED OUT AND WHEN I CAME BACK I WAS THE COP AND I WAS INVIsIBLE.

THIS IS A NASTY BUG.

HOPE THEY CORRECT IN NEXT VERSION :lol:

BTW Igro didnt I play with u online yesterday?

okay here's what I've found out while having some of these bugs/crashes:

-------------TIME OUT PROBLEM--------------

Possible fix for Time out problem:

Try messing with the frame limiter On/OFF, much smoother off anyway :D I managed to play without getting disconnected by timing out without losing connection. (Except I crashed instead lol after a while) But now its doing it again..

If you don't know how to put it on/off, it's in the Display Options.

Also don't go in servers that have way too many players for your bandwidth!! But this even happens to me sometimes when only 4 players on or something (I have 150k connection) My connection just stops, doesn't exactly time out... since the servers still up and I can connect to it again ok.

Just seems to time out when I start the game but stays connected when the game isnt actually running...

-------------CRASHING PROBLEM---------------

Possible reason for CRASHING

When you are looking at parts of the other island? This seemed to happen when I was on the bridge and I crashed, also when I was nearby the coast near the other island!

oh also, things like bloodring and dirtring always crash a lot too, i'm guesing they are on the other island or something too, theres something fishy goin on :P

oh yeah, might want to try putting the draw distance down a bit (in display options again) with draw distance at minimum i managed to run in the bloodring without crashing.

bah still mamaged to crash just when loading the game!!!

Here's something for you coders! (lots of 'bleh' below)

crash in gta-vc.exe

gta-vc starts in memory: 0x00400000 - 0x00B63FFF

unhandled exception c0000005
at address 0045496e

if i'm right the crash is offset "5496e" from the beginning of the program.. 

looks like a big call stack or something,  lots of stuff on the call stack. (lots of "GTA-VC!"'s )

0045494A   lea         eax,[esi+10h]
0045494D   mov         ecx,esi
0045494F   push        2
00454951   push        eax
00454952   call        00451010
00454957   mov         eax,[007D7440]
0045495C   mov         ecx,dword ptr ds:[97F2B4h]
00454962   push        eax
00454963   call        00451CB0
00454968   fild        dword ptr ds:[7D7444h]
0045496E   fcomp       dword ptr [eax+354h]   <--- crash here

Comments :D

Edited by Guest
well since my international downloads must be over, ive decided to start using my own server. turns out i have cable, a p4, and a reasonable video card, but i think thats besides the point. what happened was that i was in my game but i saw the same blip on my map, weirdly, i asked my joiner where he was, so i went there and saw his player, he appeared to be falling waving his arms, but the player wasnt moving, i tried to punch him but the player said he felt nothing nor anybody come near him. So can we run the server and client at the same time?

When you run the client connect to the IP 127.0.0.1 (this IP is a pointer to your own machine and therefore doesnt go throught the internet) if you are hosting.

Not only does this work for me but it also means that you arent sending both ingoing and outgoing packets on your internet connection, clogging bandwidth.

Ok.. i am trying to run MTA: VC (V 0.2) and i use the best computer (2.1ghz, 512 ddr ram, 32mb geforce 4 agp) yet when i set up the game and let my other computer join.. The host can see the client on the game but not vice-versa.. my Clients computer is only 733 mhz and 320mb sdram however the game itself runs ok.. Could it be my computer causing this or can MTA: VC not be run properly through LAN...

the host computer is running windows XP Home and

The Clients Comp is running Windows XP Pro

Any suggestions and help much appreciated

Thanks...

:cry:

Firstly mtavc version 0.2 doesnt exist, so perhaps someone sent you a fake (scan for trojans)

Secondly WinXP Home is basically WinME so it may well be that it falls under the 'mta is not compatible with win98x' problem as what you describe is a common sympton of people attempting to run it in those OS'

I play MTA VC for awhile, get the unhandled exception error, restart GTA VC, play some more. After an hour or more of GTA VC crashes and restarts, my system performance starts to decline. I have to clean the registry with VCOM System Suite, and restart the system two or three times to regain my performance back.

My System:

• AMD XP 2700
    512 Corsair DDR 2700
    Soyo Dragon (Black) KT400 Ultra Motherboard
    Maxtor 120GB 8MB Cache [2 NTFS 50GB's] (Remainder RedHat Linux)
    ATI 9000 Pro 128MB
    SBLive
    LAN 10\100
    Linksys Router
    ISP = Cable
    OS = XP Pro

Any feedback appreciated, Peace out.