MTA:VC PROBLEM FIX

ijsf

i got a new pb problem now :

my client autoclose for no reason when im connected to a server even my own server ! yesterday i got no pb with the client this is quite strange do u guys have an idea where it can come from ? im on xp sp 1 and i've played coupke of time on many server no real problem but today

client crash all the time when i try to talk !!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job team :D but i have a problem, every time i connect to a server, i can play 1 or 2 min then i'm disconnected :( and many times i can't type anything in "T" (talk votton) it just doesn't work.

Im using Win ME eng Home Edition and my vice city is using the patch 1.1.

People cant see me in game , so i need to change the compatibilty modes, but i dont know where i can change them in windows 2000 pro.

If some1 knows it, comment pls

apx

AND no, there isnt a compatibilty tab in win2k properties, so how to do it?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, if so - I apologize because my eyes hurt right now and I don't feel like straining them to look :wink:

Anyways, the cop cars that are near the spawn when you die, just across the second bridge when you turn left, they are always locked after the first one. As in, if you got in, drove away, blew up, and went back... the rest of the cop cars to spawn would be locked. You cannot bat the door off either, I've tried. Though, it's not that big a deal since you guys pretty much put every other fun vehicle easy accessible throughout the city. :D

Theres a hole in the map behind the buildings in the blood ring, you can fit back there with a motorcycle, but you'll fall through into nothing and die eventually. Pretty funny actually

I just tried to play mta vc with a friend, I could connect and play but I couldn't see my friend. He can see me, but can't kill me or wathever. I can kill him although I can't see him.

Also I trashed a bike until it was burning and then tried to get back on it. When the bike exploded I was killed also but the gamed said that my friend killed me but he didn't even shoot at me or the bike.

I'm using Win2000 pro (service pack 2 I believe)

he used a trainer but he reinstalled VC some time ago and he didn't use the trainer anymore. I tried a public server, and it worked just fine.

My friend also joined that server and there wasn't any problem.

We had the same skin/model (swat) on our own server, which is rather strange.

he used a trainer but he reinstalled VC some time ago and he didn't use the trainer anymore.

I dont know why people bicker about the Trainer crashin MTA:VC, it works perfectly fine with it as long as you DONT use any of the spawn vehicles\weapons\skin cheats and etc, some of the cheats in the trainer I use work perfectly fine.

Musta been something your server didnt pick up on makin your buddy think he was the first guy who joined when someone else already did...

Boss: Cheaters are invisible and acn't hurt u.

Not from my testings...like I said above, it depends on what cheats you use.

(I can have my car granite-hard and invincible and others can still see me)

2. Ghost Town

Without any Pedestrians or Police The game just doesnt feel right.

One word, TS. I really really hope the mod team doesn't give in to the majority of these "put in the pedestrians" requests because what those people don't realise is that it will push the server requirements up by 100 and the client requirements up by 10 (requirements mainly regarding internet connection). I don't think pedestrians are needed and I hope they're never put in (unless we're talking 2 years from now and the netcode is 200% perfect, then you can put it in :wink: )

he used a trainer but he reinstalled VC some time ago and he didn't use the trainer anymore.

I dont know why people bicker about the Trainer crashin MTA:VC, it works perfectly fine with it as long as you DONT use any of the spawn vehicles\weapons\skin cheats and etc, some of the cheats in the trainer I use work perfectly fine.

Musta been something your server didnt pick up on makin your buddy think he was the first guy who joined when someone else already did...

Boss: Cheaters are invisible and acn't hurt u.

Not from my testings...like I said above, it depends on what cheats you use.

(I can have my car granite-hard and invincible and others can still see me)

Dammit genexi2! don't use trainers! even if the game doesn't crash... It's no fun for everyone else on the server (and it IS possible that you're messing up their games, but can't tell)

Weve got a pretty damn good reason to be pissed about people using trainers. How fun is the game when you try to kill some guy for half an hour and realize he is cheating. Then along with the damn game crashes!! Why cant you cheaters just get a life

One word, TS. I really really hope the mod team doesn't give in to the majority of these "put in the pedestrians" requests because what those people don't realise is that it will push the server requirements up by 100 and the client requirements up by 10 (requirements mainly regarding internet connection). I don't think pedestrians are needed and I hope they're never put in (unless we're talking 2 years from now and the netcode is 200% perfect, then you can put it in )

I think this was brought up earlier, but the idea that there could be an option to adjust traffic sync between computer and server might fix that. Though, this would present problems in races when someone slams into something and goes flying, but to you it just looks like a scene from Matrix Reloaded w/ cars flipping every which way for no reason what so ever.

Sorry if this has been posted already but im leaving for a week vacation & I've run out of time scanning for this problem...

I spent about 15min today reinstalling MTA:VC. Kept getting an error

that it couldnt open files to update them. The only way I could get it to install was to uncheck "Do not create shortcuts". If you wodering why i had it checked in the first place, thats because I was reinstalling. I already had the "Shortcuts" done.

Oh on a side note...

In the discription of this FORUM's TOPIC, what does "trought" mean??? :D

See ya guys in a week

Quicke: I just tried to play mta vc with a friend, I could connect and play but I couldn't see my friend. He can see me, but can't kill me or wathever. I can kill him although I can't see him.

Also I trashed a bike until it was burning and then tried to get back on it. When the bike exploded I was killed also but the gamed said that my friend killed me but he didn't even shoot at me or the bike.

If the "invisible" person reconnect to the server several times then if will work... You notice when it work if its more people in the game... If it's not working, you will be the Cop Skin, Else you will be another skin...

I spent about 15min today reinstalling MTA:VC. Kept getting an error

that it couldnt open files to update them.

First try the 'uninstall' option in the mta setup, if this doesnt work (see below why not), then:

Manually delete the current shortcuts and set any files in the /MTA/ directory to ARCHIVE (right click followed by properties, tickbox at the bottom) As it sounds as if they are there as READ ONLY.

Then install once more.

You MUST allow the installer to create the shortcuts and icons or it will NOT install in the correct place, and will therefore not work. You will also be unable to un-install

Im not sure if anyone has had this problem before so im sorry if this is a repeate :).

Problem - After about being 10 minutes into GTA Vice City (whether its Single player or Multiplayer), My computer just randomly restarts, the game dosnt freeze , or lock up, or give me any errors , the computer just .. restarts, The game runs great , plays great , graphics are fine, and its just when im playing this game .. that after about 10 minutes .. the game restarts, now i went through some trouble shooting with myself , i checked the compatability mode w/ the game and it was set to 95 , so what im gonna do is put it in 2k and see if this solvs the problem, if not , if you guys know anything that could help, please let me know.

Sys Specs (to help).

p4 2.4 Ghz

512 DDR Ram

GeForce 4 Ti 4200

thats very strange, cause i dont have that problem w/ any other game , not even GTA 3 itself , just vice city , and the speed of the computer along w/ the video card should be more then enough for the game, not sure , hrmm im still trouble shooting it with a friend of mine so hopfully ill find a solution soon, or ill just stick w/ gta3.

How i can start my Windows 2000 in compatibility mode???

And what ist with the main.scm, should i delete it?

if you have WIN xp right-click the gta-vc.exe, click proproties

go to the comatibilaty tab mark V in the "run this program in compatibilaty mode" checkbox and then choose win 98\me from the dropdown menu...

and... I don't think you wanna delete the main.scm.... whay shuld u do it...???

and... not related to your questions

CAMON PPL HELP ME OUT HERE

i wanna chatt wirhout alt+tabbing and i cant!!! hellpp!!!