Should 1.0 still carry the name 'DM'?

Scarface

Should 1.0 still carry the name 'DM'?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should 1.0 still carry the name 'DM'?

• Yes
    • No

Question

Q. Would you like the new release of MTA:SA to be called 'Multi Theft Auto:San Andreas 1.0' instead of 'Multi Theft Auto:San Andreas Death Match 1.0'?

I created this poll because many think that the new release should no longer carry the name 'Death Match' on it, since many new comers make get confused and think that DM is just DM with no racing or RP etc. and the'll just go to Race instead.

Please after voting post a comment discussing on the situation.

Edited by Guest

25 answers to this question

Personally, I think that naming Race "Race" was completely appropriate while naming the other versions "Deathmatch" was an incredible failure. The name DM should be removed, and now is probably the very best time to do so.

Edited by Guest
It should be ''Multi Theft Auto:San Andreas 1.0'' since there are also other mods...(RP, Race...). So yea.. 1.0 shouldn't carry name ''DM'' .

Quoted for truth. It being called "DM" is the worst thing on MTA ATM I think. It's almost even worse than many of the bugs in-game lol. :D

I like seeing noobs getting pwned by themselves when they say "SA-MP is better, MTA has only race and DM". I say then: SA-MP has only 0.2 :) However, 'DM' doesn't fit for MTA a little bit. When I hadn't played MTA and was going to download it, I was thinking about this - is it really DM or is it only the title. And when I saw it's not just DM and it's possible to script much more than in SA-MP, I was happy :)

• MTA Team
Q. Would you like the new release of MTA:SA to be called 'Multi Theft Auto:San Andreas 1.0' instead of 'Multi Theft Auto:San Andreas Death Match 1.0'?

I created this poll because many think that the new release should no longer carry the name 'Death Match' on it, since many new comers make get confused and think that DM is just DM with no racing or RP etc. and the'll just go to Race instead.

I've tweaked your poll a bit, now you can't vote for both options at once :P

I've tweaked your poll a bit, now you can't vote for both options at once :P

Thanks you know this was my first poll :)

I'm hopeful to release my (Valhalla's MTA script) complete roleplay script along with the new release, people often associate MTA:SA with DM too much from it's past name and well to be honest from a common sense stand point. The shorter name is easier to remember and understand.

I just hope this small difference, doesn't add many things extra to the changes in the script.

I'm hopeful to release my (Valhalla's MTA script) complete roleplay script along with the new release, people often associate MTA:SA with DM too much from it's past name and well to be honest from a common sense stand point. The shorter name is easier to remember and understand.

I just hope this small difference, doesn't add many things extra to the changes in the script.

That's very nice of you, you know there aren't any 'big' role play scripts that have been released and I've always been a fan of 'Valhalla'.

No, no, no and again, NO.

The name has kept away alot of roleplay communities from venturing into MTA. Of course people should look further then their nose is long, but hey... I think that the key to getting a decent MTA community again is to appeal to these roleplayers. Most of SAMP's filled to the brim servers are roleplay servers. These people do like to take a break from roleplay and will be visitors for the DM servers as well.