dxDrawFace()

DiSaMe

This may be too big request, but I'll give a try.

Yesterday I tried function dxDrawLine3D. When I tested it, I realized the line was a plane in 3D. And if that is possible, maybe my suggestion is possible too?

My request is function:

dxDrawFace(x1,y1,z1,x2,y2,z2,x3,y3,z3,[color,postGUI,image_name,img_x1,img_y1,img_x2,img_y2,img_x3,img_y3])

Parameters:

x1..z3 - positions of points, plane is triangular

color - the color of the plane

postGUI - you know this :)

image_name - name of image file, texture for plane, if nil, then everything depends on color parameter

img_x1..img_y3 - positions of points on texture

Even though there are functions to replace objects, so that we can create our own, but this function would let to create new models and even modify them during the game. I hope it's possible. But I believe it may be not...

Speaking of this, why is dxDrawLine3D that slow actually? And it shouldn't lag that much if it ain't that big or not spammed near eachother. :P

I just tried lag with dxDrawLine3D. I made the game draw 200 lines near each other that are 2 meters long and 100 units width. It was like a cube. And it was playable. Then I tried to make the game draw 400 lines, 4 meters long and 200 units width. Then the game was slower. And my computer isn't really very fast. Maybe dxDrawFace wouldn't slow down the game very much either? Oh, and one more thing: I noticed that dxDrawLine3D is drawn over HUD. And I think it would be good if dxDrawFace didn't do that. If it's going to be implemented into MTA, of course :)

3D lines lag pretty much to me. I have this script that makes DX lines/rectangles elements whenever I shoot with a weapon, and it lags pretty much. D:

Might be due to timerspam or something, since they get destroyed in 5 sec. Or maybe because I always use minigun to test and it kinda spams. :P

Off-topic: With this I also found out that the sniper VISUALLY hits targets further than it actually hits the target. Meaning that you SEE that you hit someone, but you didn't actually hit him. :?