plz help me scratch this itch

jkub

ok This has been urking me for a long time now. I know there are real simple ways or alternate ways to tell what certain elements should do here is wat I mean

first = createMarker ( 0, 0, 0, "cylinder", 1, 0, 255, 0, 125, getRootElement() ) 
second = createMarker ( 0, 5, 0, "cylinder", 1, 0, 255, 0, 125, getRootElement() ) 
third = createMarker ( 0, 10, 0, "cylinder", 1, 0, 255, 0, 125, getRootElement() ) 

function park_Example ( ) 
    if source == first 
    local myCar = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( thePlayer ) 
        setVehicleEngineState ( myCar, false ) 
end 

addEventHandler ( "onMarkerHit", getRootElement(), park_Example ) 

so u see i got 3 markers right...

where it says if source == first i would rather want the "source" or what the function is triggered by to be all three of these markers.

since I dont know how to do that here is wat i end up doing and it either dont work or is messy

I end up just duplicating the function code and pasting it below but just changing the if source == part to another marker

ive already tryed doing this

if source == first or second or third 

or ive tryed defining all three of them as one before by doing somthing like this

allMarkers = ( first, second, third )

I have no idea lol

my methods that i came up with dont work lol plz help?

k thx for that.. but next i got another problem that is related to the same script...

I made a marker and used the "onMarkerHit" eventHandler... but the function it is tied too is triggered when u hit the marker in a vehicle or on foot... I want it only to work when ur in a vehicle>>> how would I do that?

k thx for that.. but next i got another problem that is related to the same script...

I made a marker and used the "onMarkerHit" eventHandler... but the function it is tied too is triggered when u hit the marker in a vehicle or on foot... I want it only to work when ur in a vehicle>>> how would I do that?

Using your code I would do...

first = createMarker ( 0, 0, 0, "cylinder", 1, 0, 255, 0, 125, getRootElement() ) 
second = createMarker ( 0, 5, 0, "cylinder", 1, 0, 255, 0, 125, getRootElement() ) 
third = createMarker ( 0, 10, 0, "cylinder", 1, 0, 255, 0, 125, getRootElement() ) 

function park_Example ( hitPlayer, matchingDimension ) 
    if source == first or source == second or source == third then 
        local myCar = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( hitPlayer ) 
        if myCar then 
            setVehicleEngineState ( myCar, false ) 
        end 
    end 
end 

addEventHandler ( "onMarkerHit", getRootElement(), park_Example ) 

Hope this helps, silverfang

now that we got that out of the way what about if instead activated by a vehicle but activated by a specific vehicle created within the script like

exCar = createVehicle ( 420, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ) 

how would i make it to where it is activated by only that car?

k thx!!!

but I got a simple repair script that charges 1000 for a vehicle repair... I am trying to use 3 if statements

1 if he has enough money repair.. if not output a message.. I did that correctly

2 if source is the marker Ive did that correctly

3 if the cars health is already 1000 (mint) then I want to output a message and end the function there but instead it does not say anything and takes the money and repairs anyway????

is there any layout of if or should i use else if or what??

function repair ( thePlayer ) 
local car = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( thePlayer ) 
local wallet = getPlayerMoney ( thePlayer ) 
local hp = getElementHealth ( car ) 
    if source == repairMarker then 
        if ( wallet < 1000 ) then 
            if hp == 1000 then 
            outputChatBox ( "right" ) 
            end 
        outputChatBox ( "You cannot afford to fix your car", thePlayer, 255, 0, 0 ) 
        else 
        fixVehicle ( car ) 
        takePlayerMoney ( thePlayer, 1000 ) 
        end 
    else return end 
end 

Look closely at your code. You will see that the "your car is at 1000hp" message ("right") is inside the "if wallet < 1000". Therefore, the message will only appear if your car is healthy and you have too little money to do a repair.

So, you want to do it like this:

if hp == 1000 then 
    outputChatBox("Your car is already in good shape", player) 
elseif wallet < 1000 then 
    outputChatBox("You don't have enough money", player) 
else 
    -- repair car with fixVehicle and takePlayerMoney 
end 

A few extra remarks:

- Don't forget the player argument for outputChatBox. Without it, *all* players on the server will see the message.

- Take better care of your code formatting, specifically indentation. The way you have it now it's pretty messy and not very readable. :)

I am making a gui to go along with a script because outputting useful information to the chatbox all the time looks shitty

so i got a basic gui window now and I can not make it visible... when i try it gives this in debug

attempt to call global 'guiCreateWindow' (a nil value)

function gui ( thePlayer ) 

myWindow = guiCreateWindow ( 90, 175, 244, 228, "Wanted List", false ) 
        guiSetVisible ( myWindow, true ) 
end 

addCommandHandler ( "show", gui )