XBox 360 Controller not usable with MTA?

TheDude7

Question

Hey guys, I just got San Andreas after playing GTA IV PC for a while and loving it. I discovered MTA and immediately installed it, I then plugged in my 360 controller which I had been using for GTA IV previously only to find it doesn't work with MTA.

Is there a solution?

Thanks and great mod :wink:

5 answers to this question

Joypad support is only natively available in MTASA 1.0 (next release).

As a temporary solution, you can use xpadder, which emulates keypresses:

http://www.xpadder.com

Thanks. It's good to know this mod is still being actively developed, GTA IV multiplayer is far more buggy in my experience than what I've seen so far from MTA. Too many connection problems etc.

What's the timeframe for the next release? I'm guessing "When it's done" :D

I have made a perfect profile for use with the xbox 360 controller in grand theft auto san andreas. It requires a program called "San Andreas Advanced control 1.2"

I've attatched the "presets.ini" file for use with that program, just put it in the same folder as san andreas advanced control. (saac1.2 is the default name)

load up san andreas advanced control before you load up grand theft auto san andreas, and select the preset named "San Andreas XBOX360 controller" from the drop down menu.

This will give you perfect xbox 360 controller functionality with GTA:SA, something which cannot be done otherwise, as the right thumbstick cant even be recognized usually.

Note, however that this only works in early versions of GTA:SA, SAAC was not updated after the most recent patch and is not compatible with the newest patched version, on my machine it causes an error when trying to load.

Also, this will not work with multi theft auto, xpadder is an alternative, but you will not be able to get perfect control with that program in GTA:SA or Multi Theft Auto. I look forward to the MTA crew integrating joystick control into the 1.0 release because the game is massively fun on a large screen tv with a good gamepad.

cheers!