onClientPlayerDamage Event - when someone else is damaged

Phat Looser

Hi there, I wanted to know if there is any possibility to change the call of the onClientPlayerDamage Event in a way it enables me to recognize the damage the other players receive (the small health ups and downs you can see when you shoot at a player).

At the moment, the function called only is called when the own player receives the damage.

You could use setElementData to determine player being hit/shot. But why would you want this for every player client-side? You can use server-side event onPlayerDamage which is triggered for every player. I haven't really tested but are you sure onClientPlayerDamage is triggered only for local player? Sometimes documentation on wiki may be wrong. I used this event for my old script "got_hit" and I checked if the player that was hit/shot is local player. Try it.

Phat Looser, then this script can be made server-side... onPlayerDamage is triggered every time that player is hit (any player). If you want to make a custom wanted level script then you could use triggerClientEvent to show him more "wanted level stars".

Phat Looser, then this script can be made server-side... onPlayerDamage is triggered every time that player is hit (any player). If you want to make a custom wanted level script then you could use triggerClientEvent to show him more "wanted level stars".

The problem is, when I am driving and someone stands nearby, I am dodging him and do NOT hit him on my own computer - sometimes it still adds me wanted level.

This is a bit inconvenient.

The problem is, when I am driving and someone stands nearby, I am dodging him and do NOT hit him on my own computer - sometimes it still adds me wanted level.

This is a bit inconvenient.

It's because you actually hit him because damage is controlled on computer of attacked player.