This mod is much better than DM.

It needs more advertising because MTA Race is the most fun I've ever had with an online racer and is amazing to play with friends because of all the crazy maps people create. I just find it a shame that everyone plays the crap DM mods like SA-MP because they just don't end up being fun as GTA's stengths were never in the combat and they become boring. However racing on crazy maps and trying to bash you friends off the track and ruin other peoples races is so much fun. I love how the vehicles can change from a car to a plane to a boat or whatever you want and thats something no other racer offers and I love how people create obstacles and mini puzzles.

The most fun I've had with an online racer but just a shame more people don't play it.

• 4 weeks later...
It needs more advertising because MTA Race is the most fun I've ever had with an online racer and is amazing to play with friends because of all the crazy maps people create. I just find it a shame that everyone plays the crap DM mods like SA-MP because they just don't end up being fun as GTA's stengths were never in the combat and they become boring. However racing on crazy maps and trying to bash you friends off the track and ruin other peoples races is so much fun. I love how the vehicles can change from a car to a plane to a boat or whatever you want and thats something no other racer offers and I love how people create obstacles and mini puzzles.

The most fun I've had with an online racer but just a shame more people don't play it.

I think that DM is better because you can do much more stuff than just race and its a hell more synchronized than race, race is old and outdated.

And i just can't you guys (MTA:race's community) when saying that DM is all DM'ing and shit but you can play the EXACT same race in DM but with even better synch and stuff. What the hekk is wrong with you guys!

What the hekk is wrong with you guys!

I think that they assume that since there is DM in it's name, everything is about deathmatching in MTA:DM. And completely not even knowing that you can have the exact same race in MTA:DM too, which is even better than in MTA:Race

There is no reason to keep playing on Race because MTA:DM has race too in it (the race resource tho)

What the hekk is wrong with you guys!
There is no reason to keep playing on Race because MTA:DM has race too in it (the race resource tho)

Well i know that but that's what people are really doing! Why do you think new comers that prefer race download race thinking that race is better but in fact its old and outdated. I think that 1.0 should be called 'Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.0' instead of 'Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas DeathMatch1.0'

I totally agree with OP, it's far better than any other SA multyplayer game out there. I've spent so much time playing it and I enjoyed every minute of it. I especially like DD maps.

Atleast give a reason why its still the best SA multiplayer out there, thats all i wont just a reason.

If you're looking for pure racing: 1.1.1 is WAY better than the buggy race mode in dm.

Things shall change in 1.0! Have you tried the nightly's?

Talking about 'pure racing', race is so de-sych'ed that it reminds me of sa-mp.

I haven't tried the nightly's yet but i heard some good things about them :D

And i don't have any problems with the sync tbh, it all depends on what server you're on. On the skc server i sometimes race against my friend called "demonseed", he lives in america and i never notice any real desync problems so... :P

However, a lot of racers are not going to move to dm until they release goddamn gamepad support! :lol:

If you're looking for pure racing: 1.1.1 is WAY better than the buggy race mode in dm.

Things shall change in 1.0! Have you tried the nightly's?

Talking about 'pure racing', race is so de-sych'ed that it reminds me of sa-mp.

I haven't tried the nightly's yet but i heard some good things about them :D

And i don't have any problems with the sync tbh, it all depends on what server you're on. On the skc server i sometimes race against my friend called "demonseed", he lives in america and i never notice any real desync problems so... :P

However, a lot of racers are not going to move to dm until they release goddamn gamepad support! :lol:

Gamepad support is already implemented in the nightly's I'd suggest you to try it.

Gamepad support is already implemented in the nightly's I'd suggest you to try it.

I've read on the roadmap that it won't be included in 1.0.0 :?

Then whats this? http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=1789

Its not finished that's why its not set as resolved yet but its still implemented in the nightly's and since it is then i don't see why it wont be released for 1.0.

Where did you see in the roadmap saying that it wont be implemented in 1.0?

The thing about nightly's is that i'm sleeping at that time ;)

What do you mean by that? Nightly as in night?

http://bugs.mtasa.com/roadmap_page.php

If you look there, you will see the gamepad support is only going to be included in the 2nd release, they were going to do it in the 1st one for a while but for some reason they changed it :?

I think it's probably set to 1.0.1 as a final release but I think it shall be implemented in 1.0 since it is in the nightly's.

http://bugs.mtasa.com/roadmap_page.php

If you look there, you will see the gamepad support is only going to be included in the 2nd release, they were going to do it in the 1st one for a while but for some reason they changed it :?

I think it's probably set to 1.0.1 as a final release but I think it shall be implemented in 1.0 since it is in the nightly's.

I hope so, i'm getting tired of those noobs calling themselves 'racing pros' on mta:dm :D

I hope so, i'm getting tired of those noobs calling themselves 'racing pros' on mta:dm :D

LOl and I'm tired of you guys judging DM just for its name and even when you haven't even tried the nightly's saying that it's all gonna be shit and that MTA should just continue on race (well race is practicly DM) (correct me if im wrong) and race was just to test the new core, so it wasn't intended for anything bug, well DM is and that's the future now :) .

LOl and I'm tired of you guys judging DM just for its name and even when you haven't even tried the nightly's saying that it's all gonna be :~ and that MTA should just continue on race (well race is practicly DM) (correct me if im wrong) and race was just to test the new core, so it wasn't intended for anything bug, well DM is and that's the future now :) .

I do play DM sometimes, the sync is unreal ( 1000x better than sa-mp), i join in on some shooting occasionally and it's really fun and all that. :P I know racing is just one of many gamemodes possible with mta. Just saying that the currect one on dm is a bit too bugged and laggy imo. (and no goddamn pad suppport :lol: ) and like i said; i'm really looking forward to 1.0 :wink:

LOl and I'm tired of you guys judging DM just for its name and even when you haven't even tried the nightly's saying that it's all gonna be :~ and that MTA should just continue on race (well race is practicly DM) (correct me if im wrong) and race was just to test the new core, so it wasn't intended for anything bug, well DM is and that's the future now :) .

I do play DM sometimes, the sync is unreal ( 1000x better than sa-mp), i join in on some shooting occasionally and it's really fun and all that. :P I know racing is just one of many gamemodes possible with mta. Just saying that the currect one on dm is a bit too bugged and laggy imo. (and no goddamn pad suppport :lol: ) and like i said; i'm really looking forward to 1.0 :wink:

I know what you mean, the race gamemode on DM is quite buggy but they have cleaned it up for 1.0, I'd suggest to try the nightly's. And maybe tell everyone at MTA:race so thell migrate to 1.0 when it officially releases. :D

And maybe tell everyone at MTA:race so thell migrate to 1.0 when it officially releases. :D

If 1.0 will be what we're hoping for we'll probably move our little racing community over to 1.0. We've still got about 40+ regulars on our server on 1.1.1 so filling up our server and making the gamemode popular shouldn't be that hard :)

TD_Mystic,

The race mode in DM was really bad when it was first released and Race 1.1.1 did everything much better then, but have you tried the race script in DM recently? Pothole Studios in particular runs incredibly well, just as good as race 1.1.1 imo (except for maybe a few hiccups with spawning on rare occasions). Really, the only thing I think 1.1.1 has over DM now is the map editor, and the fact the race takes a lot less resources to run on a PC. ( which is why I have race/sa-mp installed on this old desktop of mine :P)

I do play on Pothole Studios tbh :P A lot of bugs have been fixed but for some reason it doesn't run really "smooth" for me. I can't really explain it but the racing feels totally different than 1.1.1. About every 10 seconds i receive a small "burst" where i can't control my car for about 1-2 seconds. There is nothing wrong with my fps though, constant 47 :?

But like i said, the main problem for me is the pad support, and don't talk me into x-padder, i need the analogue ;)

I do play on Pothole Studios tbh :P A lot of bugs have been fixed but for some reason it doesn't run really "smooth" for me. I can't really explain it but the racing feels totally different than 1.1.1. About every 10 seconds i receive a small "burst" where i can't control my car for about 1-2 seconds. There is nothing wrong with my fps though, constant 47 :?

But like i said, the main problem for me is the pad support, and don't talk me into x-padder, i need the analogue ;)

Oh right, forgot about the lack of joypad support in DM (I'm a keyboard man myself :P). I haven't noticed those bursts myself but I can see how annoying they would be :(