[REQ] Need some things..

1) Come up with some of your own ideas. Most of these are stolen directly from other servers, including mine and Simbad's. To get players to your server, it needs to do something new or better.

2) Forget about the thought that you're going to get anything for free. Nobody here is interested in doing your work for you unless you pay up.

3) Learn scripting. Read the scripting intro, download some resources and look through them, set goals (you've already done that, sort of, but in such a crappy way you should start over) and try coding them yourself. Hint: this forum, and the #mta.scripting channel are useful when you're stuck. (DON'T try to get people to write everything for you.) You should also read through the function lists - learning grammar is no good unless you also have the vocabulary.

#mta.scripting channel? :S

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Hello every1,

At all first i'm searching but i can't find it.

Who have it, know's who have it, or can make it?

1. An countdown script if you type /countdown that there will be a countdown with a name before it. Like:

Thehookerkiller01 started a countdown

Countdown Thehookerkiller: 3

Countdown Thehookerkiller: 2

Countdown Thehookerkiller: 1

Countdown Thehookerkiller: GO GO GO!!

2. Server scripter, need some1 who can script for meh.

3. Save stats, if you are death you will hold your weapons and you will be automaticly be spawned at the front of the hospital.

3. Buy cars, houses and save that.

4. Enter own houses.

5. Build in cars, (in freeroam you have to make all the cars with spawning i want a resource where everywhere are cars parked)

6. If you join an accept/decline script

7. An login gui with a register button.

8. An good in-game edittor with pictures.

9. The resource that you can change your numberplate with whatever you like. Only with a command.

10. An chanel command /chanel 10 and talk with /c that you can talk to people in other languages.

11. An good RPG resource.

What i wanna make is a roleplay, with own teams. Like towtrucker, /limo command, with own terrains (means a house but with full garden), etc...

Who can help meh?

Regards,

Thehookerkiller01

(Sorry for my bad english i'm dutch)

Complete list:

Not completed yet:

2. Server scripter, need some1 who can script for meh. (Can't find at the mta scripting chanel)

3. Buy cars, houses and save that. (Don't know how)

4. Enter own houses. (Can enter all houses, but not OWN houses)

8. An good in-game edittor with pictures. (found an in-game editor, but not with pictures. and dunno how to start the object browser)

9. The resource that you can change your numberplate with whatever you like. Only with a command.(Don't know how)

10. An chanel command /chanel 10 and talk with /c that you can talk to people in other languages. (Don't know how)

Not completed yet:

2. Server scripter, need some1 who can script for meh. (Can't find at the mta scripting chanel)

8. An good in-game edittor with pictures. (found an in-game editor, but not with pictures. and dunno how to start the object browser)

9. The resource that you can change your numberplate with whatever you like. Only with a command.(Don't know how)

10. An chanel command /chanel 10 and talk with /c that you can talk to people in other languages. (Don't know how)

2. Learn scripting.

3. Script it when you learned to.

4. Same.

8. Just wait for 1.0, it should have a great editor (as seen in the latest MTA vid)

9. For as far as I know there's no clear scripting command to do it. The only real way would be saving all of the cars data (including damages, color etc) destroying it and creating a new one. You can try to script it though.

10. Script it when you learned to.

Here's a little webpage for you to play around with: http://development.mtasa.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Not completed yet:

2. Most people are tied to a server anyway, or have no time to script only help when needed.

3. mysql, nuff said

4. ^^

8. start resource Type /objbrowser

9. There is only one way to have a car with a custom numberplate, that is create it...

10. Easier than you might think... have a /joinchannel and a /channelspeak command... I'll leave the rest to you...

Not completed yet:

2. Learn scripting.

3. Script it when you learned to.

4. Same.

8. Just wait for 1.0, it should have a great editor (as seen in the latest MTA vid)

9. For as far as I know there's no clear scripting command to do it. The only real way would be saving all of the cars data (including damages, color etc) destroying it and creating a new one. You can try to script it though.

10. Script it when you learned to.

Here's a little webpage for you to play around with: http://development.mtasa.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

2. I don't know certainly how to 'learn scripting'.

3. Same

4. Same

8. What do you mean?

9. Yeah, but howto make that?

10. Same as 3 and 4.

Not completed yet:

2. Most people are tied to a server anyway, or have no time to script only help when needed.

3. mysql, nuff said

4. ^^

8. start resource Type /objbrowser

9. There is only one way to have a car with a custom numberplate, that is create it...

10. Easier than you might think... have a /joinchannel and a /channelspeak command... I'll leave the rest to you...

2. Can you find any1 for me? Plz? :D

3. what means nuff said? And is mysql builded in the mta server?

4. ^^

8. Thx :D

9. Yeah, but I have to lean scripting first :S

10. What means ? And read 9. xD

4. ^^

2. How about 15 Euro an hour?

3. Look on the wiki in modules

4. Don't think you get for free

5. Thanks for what ..

9. it is learn not lean. But you complete right. First learn lua.

10. You know what no means.

Stop reacting. Only thing you need to do is learn how to code with lua. And also if you think you get everything free, you are stupid!!!

So stop asking and start learning. If you don't understand this, you really need to go to school and start learning English.

4. ^^

2. How about 15 Euro an hour?

3. Look on the wiki in modules

4. Don't think you get for free

5. Thanks for what ..

9. it is learn not lean. But you complete right. First learn lua.

10. You know what no means.

Stop reacting. Only thing you need to do is learn how to code with lua. And also if you think you get everything free, you are stupid!!!

So stop asking and start learning. If you don't understand this, you really need to go to school and start learning English.

2. Uh, 15 Euro a day? :P

3. I thought so that servers only have lite sql, and not mysql.

5. (You mean 8.) Thx voor saying the command to start object browser :D

9. Yeah, but (in de zin van dat script staat er achter.) what does that means?

I'm not so good in English, i'm Dutch, sorry.

2. No per hour.

3. I though that i sayd search the wiki for modules: http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... /MTA-MySQL

4. Oke, any way. Some other commands:

gamemode [resource_name]

That will start a gamemode, like cto.

start [resource_name]

That will start a basic resource like: scoreboard

stop [resource_name]

Stops a resources

restart [resource_name]

Restarts a resource.

refresh

Will refresh the resource list. For example if there is an error in a meta file and you fixed it. You can use the refresh command, without restarting the whole server. Saves time.

9. I really don't know what you mean. (translation: in the line of the script says behind it, what does that mean).

10. Nvm. that im dutch to. But you can learn english.

2. No per hour.

3. I though that i sayd search the wiki for modules: http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... /MTA-MySQL

4. Oke, any way. Some other commands:

gamemode [resource_name]

That will start a gamemode, like cto.

start [resource_name]

That will start a basic resource like: scoreboard

stop [resource_name]

Stops a resources

restart [resource_name]

Restarts a resource.

refresh

Will refresh the resource list. For example if there is an error in a meta file and you fixed it. You can use the refresh command, without restarting the whole server. Saves time.

9. I really don't know what you mean. (translation: in the line of the script says behind it, what does that mean).

10. Nvm. that im dutch to. But you can learn english.

10. I'm busy with that. xD

• 4 weeks later...
Hello every1,

At all first i'm searching but i can't find it.

Who have it, know's who have it, or can make it?

1. An countdown script if you type /countdown that there will be a countdown with a name before it. Like:

Thehookerkiller01 started a countdown

Countdown Thehookerkiller: 3

Countdown Thehookerkiller: 2

Countdown Thehookerkiller: 1

Countdown Thehookerkiller: GO GO GO!!

2. Server scripter, need some1 who can script for meh.

3. Save stats, if you are death you will hold your weapons and you will be automaticly be spawned at the front of the hospital.

3. Buy cars, houses and save that.

4. Enter own houses.

5. Build in cars, (in freeroam you have to make all the cars with spawning i want a resource where everywhere are cars parked)

6. If you join an accept/decline script

7. An login gui with a register button.

8. An good in-game edittor with pictures.

9. The resource that you can change your numberplate with whatever you like. Only with a command.

10. An chanel command /chanel 10 and talk with /c that you can talk to people in other languages.

What i wanna make is a roleplay, with own teams. Like towtrucker, /limo command, with own terrains (means a house but with full garden), etc...

Who can help meh?

Regards,

Thehookerkiller01

(Sorry for my bad english i'm dutch)

1. done

2. 15 per hour.. :S

3. buy cars does work, but KIHC DOES NOT! :@ (saving cars not yet)

4. KIHC does not works xD

5. Done with MAP editor of version 1.0 ;-)

6. Done

7. Done

8. Map editor of MTA 1.0 ;d

9. I already have try this with PLATE="HERE" in a map file, but this also don't work, why?

10. Leave this ;-)

11. I'm busy with that, but I haven't all the good resources.

Need: 2, 3, 4, 9, 11

I don't see a sense of this topic. Excuse me if i am wrong but i've learned 3 languages over "learning by doing" how about doing something, seeing the result and if it doesnt work try again? Look at the scripts. Sometimes scripting isnt really "learning" its just looking at it and having a sorta "click". I can't explain it but when i was learning my first scripting language, i didn't even know forums exist lol. I received a done script by a friend and i was reading it, i think about 60 times, around 40000 lines. And then someday i just got it, its actually really easy to script, if you have the logic thinking behind it. Good luck anyway and as everyone else already said, that what you are requesting above there is actually enough to start a server with, so i am not guessing anybody will give you any resources. Also just to mention, all that listed above takes around a week not a month.

Regards,

Extremo.

I don't see a sense of this topic. Excuse me if i am wrong but i've learned 3 languages over "learning by doing" how about doing something, seeing the result and if it doesnt work try again? Look at the scripts. Sometimes scripting isnt really "learning" its just looking at it and having a sorta "click". I can't explain it but when i was learning my first scripting language, i didn't even know forums exist lol. I received a done script by a friend and i was reading it, i think about 60 times, around 40000 lines. And then someday i just got it, its actually really easy to script, if you have the logic thinking behind it. Good luck anyway and as everyone else already said, that what you are requesting above there is actually enough to start a server with, so i am not guessing anybody will give you any resources. Also just to mention, all that listed above takes around a week not a month.

Regards,

Extremo.

What do you mean? :P

is this topic an april fools joke? maybe you should learn english first, or make some friends and see if they can script and work together with them.

here at the forums, no one will be able to help you until you understand what they're saying, quote people and add "what do you mean? :D " won't make you understand it next time. use a translator (for single words you don't understand) or go to school or something

is this topic an april fools joke? maybe you should learn english first, or make some friends and see if they can script and work together with them.

here at the forums, no one will be able to help you until you understand what they're saying, quote people and add "what do you mean? :D " won't make you understand it next time. use a translator (for single words you don't understand) or go to school or something

I'm at school right now xD

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know how.

Don't need it anymore.

Almost done, but for some functions we have to wait for the 1.0 release.