cracky

MTA Dead?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. MTA Dead?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but its going to die, soon.

Question

I'd like to ask... what do you think... with the release of GTA4, which offers a multiplayer straight - does anyone have interest in MTA anymore?

In my opinion MTA did always have a small userbase which melted down due to the enormous delays over and over again and again. But now, in spite of the release as open source project, I finally think MTA is dead (or at least going to die finally very soon).

Greetz and nice holiday wishes!

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

almost no one, even with the super gaming computers available, can run it.

seriously you just have no idea at all.

even though GTA IV multiplayer for PC is constantly having issues

?!? ISSUES? OMFG IT'S 2009!!! WHO THE HELL STILL DEVELOPS ISSUES??? CRUEL!

On another note, MTA:SA isn't even out yet

https://mtasa.com/85.html - here you go.

and when it's out it's only version 1.0! GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC is still at version 0.5!

version numbers don't say anything at all. FACT

You guys should spend time on these before even considering MTA:IV anyway.

when the hell will you give up trying to manipulate the devs? they'll start or not, and if they will they will do it whenever they want, there is nothing you can change, you just make yourself sound like a seven year old who can't cope with the possibility not to get exactly what he wanted

There's more people interested in you bringing back GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC than making MTA:IV right now anyway.

source?

Going down the list:

1. I think it's you that does not. It's known that GTA IV has very high system requirements that most people cannot meet satisfactorily.

2. Who the **** said developing issues?!? I said it still HAS issues, meaning bugs!

3. I meant as a full release, sorry. That is still a beta/release candidate.

4. Actually, they don't, but they CAN! Think about it, MTA:SA is reaching to 1.0 and MTA 0.5 is, well, 0.5. Not only that, but it's obvious that MTA for GTA 3 and GTA: VC was never finished...hence why there are topics discussing error reports to be used to fix bugs for MTA 0.6.

5. Seriously, back off and calm down. I never manipulated or tried to manipulate the devs. It's called a suggestion, which is an OPINION, which I backed up with evidence relating to the subject.

6. My source? How many people want MTA:IV? Now, read this: http://www.petitiononline.com/mtab1u3/petition.html

As for the GTA IV MTA thing, they've already made that one plain and clear multiple times.

On a sidenote: as some already know, we have registered a new domain "mtaiv.com", who knows for what to come.

No one said they wont do it, this quote taken from a status report posted a while back stated that they actually have plans to start it, but no one said they wont do it!

One dev said they probably wouldn't, and like I said, it is always possible, but highly unlikely in the near future.

On another note, MTA:SA isn't even out yet

Then whats MTA race and DM?

See answer #3 in the list above.

There's more people interested in you bringing back GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC than making MTA:IV right now anyway.

WRONG! i think you're talking about yourself, yes many people think that IV should be left for later but even more people prefere MTA:SA than GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC

How am I wrong?!? I'm discussing MTA:IV production versus GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC production! No one said anything about MTA:SA in that!

It'll be a long time until the world population has computers that can handle GTA IV

This is where you're guessing, yes IV's requirements are high, but many of the population can handle it and just cause there are people that cant handle it, it doesn't mean that MTA:IV would just be a waste of time!

I never said it would be a waste of time...I said it would be a waste of time to work on RIGHT NOW because of the high system requirements which yes, MOST people have a very hard time dealing with at this time.

Examples of the high requirement complaints found in a one-second search on Google:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/fo ... n_id=15792

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93506

http://www.thavi.net/grand-theft-auto-i ... uirements/

Seriously people, PLEASE, read my entire posts before you reply. Don't pick and choose so you can quote and make me look like a moron. You obviously didn't read it all the way through because you are claiming i said one thing when I actually said something else. The last 2 quotes on here are a perfect example of that...

i read your whole post but there are just some inconsistency that just make no sense.

1 yes the requirements are high but you just overacted.

2 was just irony, there will always be issues, so do all games even pac man has this level 256 bug.

3-4 I still think version numbers are shit, they were once meant to be useful but especially for free downloads they are just a way to distinguish between them.

6 prove that there are less people who want to get mta iv :P 176 is decent

as long as rockstar doesn't manage to create a real multiplayer mta still has a good chance to attract more and more people. gta iv's multiplayer is crap compared to mta.

I think RG wont make a mp FOR SA, why would they, i dont think that will be money-making.

Edited by Guest
as long as rockstar doesn't manage to create a real multiplayer mta still has a good chance to attract more and more people. gta iv's multiplayer is crap compared to mta.

I think RG wont make a mp, why would they, i dont think that will be money-making.

what DO you mean by you think R* wont make a MP, IV is ready equipped with a MP so what the hell are you talking about? :shock:

Some body should start a poll. Just to know what people prefers, independently of what The Team have told or not.

"Next steep: MTA:IV or instead VC and III ported to the new core and finally finished and then gogogo for IV?"

I 'd personally vote for finishing or porting VC and III to the new core since they are not finished and part of the comunity still play/like it. (You dont know how i miss Vice City lol :( )

In the other hand: MTA:IV would be a good boost to the project since you guys have created a way more rich multiplayer experience for SA than the one we can actually find in GTA IV; bugs apart, and this is just a matter of time and less now that the project is open source and this is a fact.

So at the end, the only thing you would do to IV's multiplayer is improve it with its consequent increase of players to the comunity.

No matter when.. I would definitelly love FMJ'in in IV one day :D

Just my opinion :)

As for the GTA IV MTA thing, they've already made that one plain and clear multiple times.

I don't think somebody made it clear that we will not do MTA:IV. We sure could start it someday, more likely even open source from the very beginning. Blue core allows us to port it to other games, without rewriting tonns of code we got for the last years.

Even if you're doing MTA:IV, how are you supposed to make a client for it?

The entire game fills like 15GB, isn't it a bit to much to upload on the internet?

Or am I wrong at this point.

I haven't played SA since I bought IV the day it was released on Dec. 2nd, 2008, and I'm a great fan of MTA: SA Race. However, GTA:IV is great, despite the amount of ranters in this thread and my machine runs it like a dream. :P

I do, however, still have faith that DM for SA will be pulled off well, regardless of how long it takes.

Last edited by Beethoven on Sun 18-01-2009, 13:37, edited 1 time in total.

actually my post was meant to say that the multiplayer of iv is not a real multiplayer for me cause it sux

As i said, it isnt that good, why not a MTA:IV?

but you told us about rockstar making a multiplayer for sa, i wasn't talking about sa thats all i wanted to say.

I haven't played SA since I bought IV the day it was released on Dec. 2nd, 2008, and I'm a great fan of MTA: SA Race. However, GTA:IV is great, despite the amount of ranters in this thread and my machine runs it like a dream. :P

I do, however, still have faith that DM for SA will be pulled off well, regardless of how long it takes.

My IV game runs fine as well, but the graphics are shit and horrible. And it took weeks to go through all the bugs occurred on the release. So it was a big mess, the game is great... I have it on xbox as well so I've beat it before. I still hate how shitty the game looks, it looks like jaggy paint characters.

Some body should start a poll. Just to know what people prefers, independently of what The Team have told or not.

"Next steep: MTA:IV or instead VC and III ported to the new core and finally finished and then gogogo for IV?"

I 'd personally vote for finishing or porting VC and III to the new core since they are not finished and part of the comunity still play/like it. (You dont know how i miss Vice City lol :( )

Finish GTA3:MTA and MTA:VC before anything else. The users of those games have been waiting literally for years for an update. Finish up your current projects and that gives GTA IV time to get patched up and prepare users for computer upgrades that will allow for a MTA:IV in the future.

Note: I have atleast 176 reasons as of this post to why you should update GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC before anything else. They are listed here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mtab1u3/petition.html

I don't think somebody made it clear that we will not do MTA:IV. We sure could start it someday, more likely even open source from the very beginning. Blue core allows us to port it to other games, without rewriting tonns of code we got for the last years.

Max Payne would be fun in MP.

I don't really get why people are carping on about MTA 0.5 everywhere... much less MTA IV. MTA 0.5 will be done if/when people want to, not because people spam and whine about it in topics in which it doesn't belong.

Please, just... make one topic for all your 0.5 and IV-related discussion/ranting/whining, it's so boring seeing other threads highjacked and turned into SA vs. IV vs. 0.5 threads...

actually my post was meant to say that the multiplayer of iv is not a real multiplayer for me cause it sux

As i said, it isnt that good, why not a MTA:IV?

but you told us about rockstar making a multiplayer for sa, i wasn't talking about sa thats all i wanted to say.

That isnt the idea of this topic...

Beethoven

I think just like Unreal 1, MTA will never die.

There still are MTA:VC Servers online, and there still is people playing it.

The only thing that is REALLY annoying is the fact that the weapons have a extremely low range, compared to the size of San Andreas, and that the SA streaming engine - erm - is bs.

Beethoven

screw you, I tried to tell you polite and friendly (over and over again) but if you don't want me to I can go rude as well. and on a side note: I'm not the only person who thinks you're a retard. you annoy tons of people here with your silly questions which could be solved by using 2 minutes of your life for research

Beethoven

screw you, I tried to tell you polite and friendly (over and over again) but if you don't want me to I can go rude as well. and on a side note: I'm not the only person who thinks you're a retard. you annoy tons of people here with your silly questions which could be solved by using 2 minutes of your life for research

indeed

Finish GTA3:MTA and MTA:VC before anything else.
More like MTA:SA first -.-

To make it clear to everyone that keeps bringing up MTA:SA...I already said, that was for AFTER it is completed. Why would they complete something after it's already done? That makes no sense at all. I beg of you, READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE POSTING. Thanks! :)

Finish GTA3:MTA and MTA:VC before anything else.
More like MTA:SA first -.-

To make it clear to everyone that keeps bringing up MTA:SA...I already said, that was for AFTER it is completed. Why would they complete something after it's already done? That makes no sense at all. I beg of you, READ THE ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE POSTING. Thanks! :)

I beg of you, DROP THE FUCKING 0.5 DISCUSSION EVERYWHERE. Thanks! :)

:roll: