cracky

MTA Dead?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. MTA Dead?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but its going to die, soon.

Question

I'd like to ask... what do you think... with the release of GTA4, which offers a multiplayer straight - does anyone have interest in MTA anymore?

In my opinion MTA did always have a small userbase which melted down due to the enormous delays over and over again and again. But now, in spite of the release as open source project, I finally think MTA is dead (or at least going to die finally very soon).

Greetz and nice holiday wishes!

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It’s fair to say that MTA is past its prime, though when I mean that I’m talking about the generation of players who made GTA3 and VC as good as they were. I think half of the community back then would still be around today if those games were released on the BLUE platform, though SA was always more anticipated.

with the release of GTA4, which offers a multiplayer straight - does anyone

GTA4 for the PC was a big bust imo. I'm not talking about sales, or any of that business perspective. I'm talking about the PC reviews and the player reception. Terrible, just terrible. I thought Rockstar would have known better by now. Instead the PC community got shit on, again.

I'd like to ask... what do you think... with the release of GTA4, which offers a multiplayer straight - does anyone have interest in MTA anymore?

In my opinion MTA did always have a small userbase which melted down due to the enormous delays over and over again and again. But now, in spite of the release as open source project, I finally think MTA is dead (or at least going to die finally very soon).

Greetz and nice holiday wishes!

wow you seriously dont know wat is happening with mta right now gosh u must have some problems.......mta is getting heaps of people in and likes others have said gta iv is still popular but the fricken online multi-player part rlly needs alot of work we would get tons of people in if we could advertise about mta so why dont we? thats left for the mta creators to answer

GTA IV's multiplayer isn't really a competition for MTA and there's still a long way to go before we'll get a decent mod. (if we will)

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're saying GTA4's multiplayer is better then I have to say two things to you.

1) GTA4 sucks for the PC.

2)Of course Rockstar can whip up a multiplayer easier, they have the source code. MTA has to work their asses off to implement multiplayer for games that were never meant to have multiplayer. Don't you realise that?

About point number 1, if Rockstar changes their retarded anti-piracy crap, their inflexible game settings, and their dependencies on bulk programs. Then I will change my mind on GTA4 for the PC. Otherwise, fuck GTA4, I wish they used their brains when they ported that game.

GTA IV's multiplayer isn't really a competition for MTA and there's still a long way to go before we'll get a decent mod. (if we will)

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you're saying GTA4's multiplayer is better then I have to say two things to you.

That's not what I meant. My opinion is the opposite.

It’s fair to say that MTA is past its prime, though when I mean that I’m talking about the generation of players who made GTA3 and VC as good as they were. I think half of the community back then would still be around today if those games were released on the BLUE platform, though SA was always more anticipated.

Their to-do list:

1. Finish MTA:SA

2. Release Blue for MTA:VC

3. Release 0.6 for MTA:GTA 3

4. Improvements to everything

Their to-do list:

1. Finish MTA:SA

2. Release Blue for MTA:VC

3. Release 0.6 for MTA:GTA 3

4. Improvements to everything

more like

1.Finish MTA:SA

2.Start MTA:IV

3.Improvements to everything

other gta versions might be open-sourced, if they will that would be when MTA:SA is finished, but it wont be the dev team ( well if they want, but most probably not) so its up to the community

how about

open source 0.5

finish sa

advertise mta sa so the community grows

play the game, release maps and resources, have fun

start thinking of IV and if it makes sense to put work on it... ask in general gta forums if improvements to the current multiplayer would be welcome

Hmm, actually that's even a better todo list. :D

About the advertising, I think there's a method that might not be effective, but worth a shot: The ModDB Mod of the year competition. You can vote on the ModDB MTA page. Not a big chance we win it, but every shot not fired is a shot missed. :roll:

Common sense and gained knowledge through topics stated on the forums by MTA Team developers, mods, and admins? :)

Don't think I'm implying that that is all stuff they WILL do. I'm stating that it is the order they have planned IF they do it, with the last one being an obvious exception since it happens between and during each project as well. As for the GTA IV MTA thing, they've already made that one plain and clear multiple times.

As for the GTA IV MTA thing, they've already made that one plain and clear multiple times.

I don't think somebody made it clear that we will not do MTA:IV. We sure could start it someday, more likely even open source from the very beginning. Blue core allows us to port it to other games, without rewriting tonns of code we got for the last years.

lil_Toady one question ... after we have bought out MTA SA: 1.00 will we be advertising on the web on popular sites about it like step by step set up and all its features? Because then we get more people and alot more fun and more servers. :D i'd rlly like that and im sure all of us would too.

As for the GTA IV MTA thing, they've already made that one plain and clear multiple times.

I don't think somebody made it clear that we will not do MTA:IV. We sure could start it someday, more likely even open source from the very beginning. Blue core allows us to port it to other games, without rewriting tonns of code we got for the last years.

One of the devs said the requirements would be way too high for a MTA:IV to be possible anytime in the near or somewhat distant future. GTA IV alone has extremely high requirements and almost no one, even with the super gaming computers available, can run it. MTA:IV would be even worse because whatever system memory, CPU time, video card memory, and hard drive space that GTA IV didn't suck up, MTA:IV would eat...especially with how powerful it would have to be to work with that kind of game. Plus on the note made by another user, even though GTA IV multiplayer for PC is constantly having issues, it does exist. That right there could conflict with MTA:IV's success, and maybe even it's ability to run.

On another note, MTA:SA isn't even out yet, and when it's out it's only version 1.0! GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC is still at version 0.5! You guys should spend time on these before even considering MTA:IV anyway. It'll be a long time until the world population has computers that can handle GTA IV, so make the best of it so the project doesn't die from people not being able to run it right away. There's more people interested in you bringing back GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC than making MTA:IV right now anyway.

One of the devs said[...]

:big3:

almost no one, even with the super gaming computers available, can run it.

seriously you just have no idea at all.

even though GTA IV multiplayer for PC is constantly having issues

?!? ISSUES? OMFG IT'S 2009!!! WHO THE HELL STILL DEVELOPS ISSUES??? CRUEL!

On another note, MTA:SA isn't even out yet

https://mtasa.com/85.html - here you go.

and when it's out it's only version 1.0! GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC is still at version 0.5!

version numbers don't say anything at all. FACT

You guys should spend time on these before even considering MTA:IV anyway.

when the hell will you give up trying to manipulate the devs? they'll start or not, and if they will they will do it whenever they want, there is nothing you can change, you just make yourself sound like a seven year old who can't cope with the possibility not to get exactly what he wanted

There's more people interested in you bringing back GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC than making MTA:IV right now anyway.

source?

On a sidenote: as some already know, we have registered a new domain "mtaiv.com", who knows for what to come.

No one said they wont do it, this quote taken from a status report posted a while back stated that they actually have plans to start it, but no one said they wont do it!

On another note, MTA:SA isn't even out yet

Then whats MTA race and DM?

There's more people interested in you bringing back GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC than making MTA:IV right now anyway.

WRONG! i think you're talking about yourself, yes many people think that IV should be left for later but even more people prefere MTA:SA than GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC

It'll be a long time until the world population has computers that can handle GTA IV

This is where you're guessing, yes IV's requirements are high, but many of the population can handle it and just cause there are people that cant handle it, it doesn't mean that MTA:IV would just be a waste of time!