Season's Greetings

jhxp

ps. one question: is the new map editor finished yet?

if it is finished -> is it possible to release it as a stand alone-app.!?

if it is not -> ..hmm would be nice to see at least some screenshots. :/

I was told its almost finished and shall be soon released, look at the bug tracker to check out its status, currently only two bugs are left but i dont think thats whats keeping them back.

• MTA Team

It's not finished yet, and its availability isn't necessarily related with the 1.0 release, might as well be released separately from it.

I was told its almost finished and shall be soon released, look at the bug tracker to check out its status, currently only two bugs are left but i dont think thats whats keeping them back.

Reports which you can see for Map Editor category are either obsolete ones or feature requests for later releases - there is a separate project for the Editor, currently visible only to its developers and testers. It will be of course made publicly once its initial version is ready and published.

As for the media request, we'll see what can be done about that. Bear in mind however that the Editor's layout or its features are a subject to change at any time.

• 3 weeks later...
Come on guys...

Christmas is over by now, i'm waiting for a new progress update...

Thijzzy

You can see the roadmap here: http://bugs.mtasa.com/roadmap_page.php

I know... but since i'm not a computer expert and there are many more developments than only the bugs being fixed it would be nice to see a progress update from the developers...

Thijzzy

http://code.google.com/p/multitheftauto/source/list - There, anything that's added/changed in mta is logged there

Come on guys...

Christmas is over by now, i'm waiting for a new progress update...

Thijzzy

You can see the roadmap here: http://bugs.mtasa.com/roadmap_page.php

I know... but since i'm not a computer expert and there are many more developments than only the bugs being fixed it would be nice to see a progress update from the developers...

Thijzzy

On Winky12's behalf, let me say sorry. He probably totally forgot that you need to be a computer expert to understand a basic progress bar. ;P

Jezus... come on guys,

ok maybe computer expert wasn't the right term here... But i'm not a programmer, so still i don't understand all of the changes that are shown in these lists because they contain either vague information or terms that describe the changes made in the script, which I don't get since i'm no programmer. Nevertheless i'm glad to get some responses from you since this forum seemed to be pretty dead.

But to come back to the point I started with, I only asked for a (basic) progress update report. This is what the developers did every 1-2 months already. Such a progress update report would be a lot more straight forward, for me but I think also for many others.

Thijzzy

ps: I already knew where I could find information about the roadmap, the changelog, the changes made to the script and the other basic things, I check this every now and then so I know for instance that the development for mta sa 1.0 is now at approximately 63% (last time I checked it was I believe)

ps 2: sorry for any grammatical mistakes I may have made, i'm not English so please forgive me ;)