Unhandled Exception Error in Windows XP

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It didnt work :cry: tryed reinstaling vice city and mta but when ive reinstaled vice and are about to instal mta it still says it coudnt find vice city in that folder coud that be the reason ? i havent got a cracked game

The default folder for vice city is E:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Vice City

try installing it there.

MTA should NOT be installed in the same folder as Vice City. It's usually in E:\Program Files\MTA

(oh, and replace E: with whatever drive letter your's is)

wherewere i try to put mta it says Vice city not found at selected location. Please go back and locate the current directory. Ive tryed putting it in all gta files but it wont so i just press next. when the games done instaling i cant find the file mta.scm anywhere either :cry:

I doubt that anyone can help me, but here goes...

Aye, I get an Unhandled Exception error. It happens just after I've finished loading after clicking "New Game". I've got an Aussie version of the game, running Windows XP Pro. I've tried everything detailed in the clientreadme, the FAQ section of the site, and in the forums.

Please help!

I got a stupid bug. I first start with joining a server on ASE and then click start game. (v1.1). Then I can see the menu, I click Multi Theft Auto and then I see the server msg and a chat window and from there it freezes on that screen. I can't do anything (keyboard disabled), and when I use the reset button my computer didn't worked anymore :cry: , I tryed to put him out but he didn't seem to do anything (always blackscreen) and then I pulled out the electricity and tryed 2 times again to reset and then my pc worked again :roll: .

I got Windows XP Professional, NO-CD crack, V1.1

Before this 0.2 everything worked very good.

PLZ help me :shock:

Do the Folowing.....copy all *.gfx files from the /TEXT/ folder to the /MTA/ Folder....but dont override excisting files. Then turn your language in game to englisch....and everything should work....

I had same problems( Exception error, game freeze) and this solved them!

Hello.

I have this "unexpected error" now and then, it mostly happens when I click on a new charecter when I died. sometimes it happens on start game aswell.

I tried any and everything suggested here...

Program: ViceCity 1.1

MTA: 0.2.0

NoCD: None

Crack: None

Cheats: Never had a need to use

It does never happen on regular ViceCity Play nor did it happen on MTA 0.1.0

Please advise.

• 2 weeks later...

well now it works but after awile my game feezes and then when i quit and try to play it says my comp doesnt have a c drive and it have to restart then my comp keeps restarting and i have to tinker with it in safe mode and all that how do i fix this

Hi 8)

I got the original version of vc. whenever i want to join a server the title-screen comes, but thats all! I can´t join a game, because my the game´s freezing, on startup! can anybody help me? :twisted:

i've read many post around here but it solve partially my problem.

i can run the game now but i can't kill anyone in game. life of other players is the same i hit them or not.

at the begining, after installation of mta, impossible to go on a server. i can connect but when i click to start a game, unhandled exception c0000005 at adress 00652f30, like many of people here. i readed many posts and solve this problem by copying all language files, except the american one, from text folder to mta folder. no more unhandled exception but as time pass during the game, i saw that i cannot hurt or kill anyone. i try out compabilty mode on gta-vc.exe and on the mta client, in win98 or win2000 mode, on one of them, on the both or none of the executables. tryed all th no-cd and backup copy crack, i've patched vc 1.1, nothing, always the same problem: can't fucking kill anyone :((( and i have often crash during the game and textures load slow.

please help

well when you selest the 1.1 or 1.1 thing i alwaysed used 1.1 but then i tried 1.0 and it worked. i dont know why it worked because told me to use 1.1 but maby my game wont crash any more since 2.2 came out.

well when you selest the 1.1 or 1.1 thing i alwaysed used 1.1 but then i tried 1.0 and it worked. i dont know why it worked because told me to use 1.1 but maby my game wont crash any more since 2.2 came out.

Version 1.0 and 1.1 are GTA 0.2 and 0.2.2 is MTA dont get those confused and yes 0.2.2 is suposue to crash less then the others.

jdhmac88:What error are you talking about?